Deciding Whether to Visit the Park or Not

JJJ

Original Poster
For the past few weeks I've been studying French in Aix-en-Provence through my university. In about a week's time, I'll head to Paris for three days before returning to the US. I was considering using one of those days to visit Disneyland Paris as I'm a big fan of the parks in Florida. For anyone that has visited both the Florida and Paris parks before, I was wondering if you considered the parks to be sufficiently different enough to merit the trip. I'm really looking forward to the Ratatouille ride (which is coming to Epcot in the next few years), but I know Phantom Manor is still being refurbished (and will be for quite some time) and Space Mountain is currently Hyperspace Mountain. If I don't go over to the parks, I'd probably take the day to visit the Louvre or Musée d'Orsay. If it makes a difference in anyone's response, there's a chance (I don't know if I'd say a good chance, but definitely not a bad chance) I'll be back in Paris in the next summer, and it's very likely that I'll be in Paris sometime over the next three years.

Si vous êtes français, ce serait génial si vous répondez en français !

cjkeating

For the past few weeks I've been studying French in Aix-en-Provence through my university. In about a week's time, I'll head to Paris for three days before returning to the US. I was considering using one of those days to visit Disneyland Paris as I'm a big fan of the parks in Florida. For anyone that has visited both the Florida and Paris parks before, I was wondering if you considered the parks to be sufficiently different enough to merit the trip. I'm really looking forward to the Ratatouille ride (which is coming to Epcot in the next few years), but I know Phantom Manor is still being refurbished (and will be for quite some time) and Space Mountain is currently Hyperspace Mountain. If I don't go over to the parks, I'd probably take the day to visit the Louvre or Musée d'Orsay. If it makes a difference in anyone's response, there's a chance (I don't know if I'd say a good chance, but definitely not a bad chance) I'll be back in Paris in the next summer, and it's very likely that I'll be in Paris sometime over the next three years.

Si vous êtes français, ce serait génial si vous répondez en français !

It's difficult to advise you as if you were never coming back I'd say go but if you are coming back it really depends on what your priority is regarding swapping a day of Paris tourism for DLP.

For me I'd say a deciding factor would be what do you like about Disney Parks? I really enjoy the design, theming, walk-throughs which is where Disneyland Park excels and in my opinion makes up for the lower ride count. It does have the best BTM and (in my opinion) the best PotC (excluding Shanghai which I haven't been on) and whilst I don't like HSM it is still a very unique attraction and different to any other SM.

Over in WDSP Mickey and the Magician is unmissable and there is the new Marvel show if that interests you, they are both seasonal so depending on if you return during the spring/summer they may not be on when you return.

Robbiem

There is enough difference in DLP to have a different but enjoyable trip if you’v been to the stateside parks, it all depends on how much of a Disney fan you are vs a French culture fan.

Disneyland is probably the most beautiful castke park and has some unique takes on classics like big thunder as well as some unique aspects like the casey jnr family coaster and the walk through attractions like the nautilus and castle dragon.

Paris on the other hand is equally appealing. Musee d’orsay is amazing if you like impressionist paintings, athough id also recommend the orangerie with its amazing monet waterlilly paintings.

If you are going to come back then maybe save disney for next time when phantom Manor might be open and take time to soak up Paris, if you’re not sure of have had your fill of being a francophone then take a break and go see mickey and the gang!

Whatever you do im sure you’ll have a great time.

Bon vaconce!

winstongator

I have spent a lot of time at WDW and have taken one trip to Paris. I would say definitely do the Louvre & Orsay. You could probably do them both in one day. I think we did the Louvre in a period from just after lunch until dinner. We could have spent more time there. The pair of guys in the link below was one of my favorite spots. I also really like Liberty Leading the People.

Do I regret not visiting DLP as part of my Paris trip? No. Would I regret not visiting the Louvre during my visit? Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamassu#/media/File:Human-headed_Winged_Bulls_Gate_-_Louvre.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom