December Disney adventure

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
My DH and I are going to be visiting DLR the week of December 10th. Anybody have any kind of reviews for the Anaheim Camelot Inn and Suites? It is a good neighbor hotel, and it would be our first time staying there. We were drawn to it because it is right across the street. We generally stay at the Annabella and hoof it up to GCR and walk through DD to get to the parks, so we're excited for the shorter walk to say the very least. ;)

I'm also curious if there are any special shows that aren't to be missed during the holidays. It has been a couple of years since we were there around the holidays, so I definitely need a refresher. LOL!

Axoman

I'll be there around that time as well. They have the Candlelight Processional Dec. 6 and 7th, but I'm not sure of special things happening during the week.

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
I'll be there around that time as well. They have the Candlelight Processional Dec. 6 and 7th, but I'm not sure of special things happening during the week.

I guess we will have to keep each other posted on any special events we hear about between now and then. ;)

GiveMeTheMusic

¡Viva Navidad! and World of Color - Winter Dreams (both in DCA) are new (as of last Christmas season) and not to be missed. They're truly fantastic.

In Disneyland, the usual Christmas entertainment is still pleasing crowds despite their respective ages. A Christmas Fantasy Parade, Believe...In Holiday Magic fireworks, Haunted Mansion Holiday and it's a small world Holiday will all be back in full force.

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
Any news if they will be doing the Jingle Cruise again this year? I know that is something that was done in the past, but never got a chance to participate in.

GiveMeTheMusic

Any news if they will be doing the Jingle Cruise again this year? I know that is something that was done in the past, but never got a chance to participate in.

You didn't miss anything. It consisted of dumb Christmas jokes for the skippers and a few props in the queue. It's not on the list of holiday offerings this year, so it doesn't appear that it will be returning.

Figments Friend

I walked by the Camelot Inn a few times during my recent visit.
Big place...looks decent on the outside.
Themed to look like a large squared off castle, with a neat large stained glass window out front.
Did not venture inside, as i was off to other destinations that late evening...but the photos i have seen over the last couple of years of the lobby look good.

The Camelot is about a 15 to 20 minute walk to the front gates of the Parks, as it is located a short ways down Harbor Blvd. from the main pedestrian walkway that brings you to the Park turnstiles.
There is a IHOP directly across from said pedestrian walkway if this helps you with place setting.

I am only guessing, but having also walked from the GCR to the Park gates and also now having walked the route by the Camelot i would say they are both almost equal distance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom