December- ADR's based on nighttime shows?

Sillysidewalker

We are closing in on our 180 day mark, squeal :)!! This is our first Dec trip. I understand the parks close earlier so I am trying to figure out ADR times for the following;

Epcot hoping to score Rose & Crown ADR and watch Illuminations. What time would you try to get your reservation? We will be there mid Dec

Tusker house with ROL viewing. We want to see the first showing.

Thank you for any advice!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Illuminations will be at 9:30 pm until the week or so before Christmas when it moves to 10:30 pm. I would think an 8:30 ADR would work in both cases.

When you go to book ROL dining it will offer you times for the first show (it was 7 pm when we saw it in February). Your ADR cannot be any later than 2 hours before ROL, so the latest you could book would be 5 pm. Our ADR was at 4:15 pm and the latest one I could book.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We are closing in on our 180 day mark, squeal :)!! This is our first Dec trip. I understand the parks close earlier so I am trying to figure out ADR times for the following;

Epcot hoping to score Rose & Crown ADR and watch Illuminations. What time would you try to get your reservation? We will be there mid Dec

Tusker house with ROL viewing. We want to see the first showing.

Thank you for any advice!

And to add that time of year will likely only be one showing of ROL on the nights they have it not 2 like in spring/summer when hours are longer. Same goes for Fantasmic usually only one show a night in the fall/winter months. We are approaching our 180 day too next Friday. Love going that time of year!! ;)

Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Illuminations will be at 9:30 pm until the week or so before Christmas when it moves to 10:30 pm. I would think an 8:30 ADR would work in both cases.

When you go to book ROL dining it will offer you times for the first show (it was 7 pm when we saw it in February). Your ADR cannot be any later than 2 hours before ROL, so the latest you could book would be 5 pm. Our ADR was at 4:15 pm and the latest one I could book.

Thank you! This is the exact info I needed! Should have just messaged you direct!

Upvote 0

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
They also may not have RoL every night. The dining packages might not be released at 180 days either. Just things to keep in mind.

I had no idea on this. I just thought everyone was out at the 180 day mark. Hmmm this may change my plans a bit. Would you still book a Tusker house ADR and hop it "upgrades" to a dining package. Does that ever happen?

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I had no idea on this. I just thought everyone was out at the 180 day mark. Hmmm this may change my plans a bit. Would you still book a Tusker house ADR and hop it "upgrades" to a dining package. Does that ever happen?
A regular Tusker House ADR will never "upgrade" to a dining package. Those are two separate ADR categories. A ROL dining package must be booked from the beginning.

Upvote 0

MotherofaPrincessLover

If you want to eat at Tusker House for sure, I'd go ahead and get a reservation. Just keep checking every day for the dining packages and when they are out reserve one of those and cancel the original Tusker House reservation.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom