December 2016-Parks Before/After Cruise? Advice Please!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Hi everybody! Just trying to pencil down some plans for our next trip, in December 2016. We have booked the Disney Dream 4 night cruise departing December 5th. What we are wondering now, is should we add our park days before or after this, for optimal crowd levels, yet ability to see the parks in full decorated glory?

This will be our first time visiting during the Holiday season, so will want to especially visit the resorts (thinking especially WL and GF), MK and Epcot, (we will probably combine AK and DHS on this trip...even though we know new things might be happening in that time frame, none are really holidayish, so can wait for the next trip).

These are the ideas we are kicking around:

Option #1- (We are leaning this way)

Arrive on Thursday 12/1, no park tickets, and go to a MVMCP if there is one???
12/2-Epcot
12/3-DAK/DHS
12/4-MK
12/5-12/9- 4 night cruise
12/9- visit the resorts, stay overnight, depart for home on the 10th.

Option #2-

Do the cruise first, then visit parks 12/10-13.

It just seems that the earlier in December we go, the better the crowds will be, yes? Will we get the full holiday experience then? Any advice welcome!!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
That's what we were like 90% thinking too, just wanted to be sure, since we don't have much insight on holiday decorations, parade taping, MVMCP, etc. Yay!

Upvote 0

71dsp

Would love to hear your feedback after you do this trip! We did a 7-night cruise on the Fantasy this year with just 2 days in the parks afterward. We had SO much fun on the cruise that we'd love to do another cruise with more days in the parks (2 just isn't enough!).

Upvote 0

wdwfan4ver

I have advice on the AK/DHS day. I don't think having DHS at night is must for 2016 from a holiday standpoint unless Disney has something planned for DHS at night that is Holiday related that isn't being done now. I am bringing this up because the Osborne lights are gone after this year at DHS.

The only potential night time thing for DHS next year is Star Wars Fireworks, but don't know about them starting when you are done there. The fact is Disney has plans of releasing Star Wars: Rogue One on December 16th of next and I wouldn't be shocked if DHS gets Star Wars Fireworks as a result.

AK on the other head is adding a night time show called Rivers of Lights. No one knows if there are going to add a holiday part to the night time show.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom