Debating Thanksgiving week - Very Merry Christmas Party

dan8302

We are going to be in Florida for thanksgiving this year, visiting family. We are thinking about going early and doing the parks for a few days before seeing family. Unfortunately the last x-mass party before thanksgiving is Friday the 16. We have done the Halloween party the last two years and while fun it is getting harder to justify the expense. Is the Christmas Party worth it? We want to see the park decorated for Christmas, but are thinking we might get enough duruing the day, but then the qeustuion of crowds comes up...

Help me make up my mind :)

JIMINYCR

If you are looking to have better luck regarding crowds, the party is buzy but will have less crowds. You do get similar things with MVMCP as you got for the MNSSHP event ( I enjoy the Halloween event more )... rare character meet & greets, event specific merchandise, holiday parade & fireworks, longer hours. If you are going just to see the decorations, then you can do all of that in the day irregardless of crowds without paying for the ticketed event. Unless all the event items are important to you, save your money.

Upvote 0

harryk

If you are looking to have better luck regarding crowds, the party is buzy but will have less crowds. You do get similar things with MVMCP as you got for the MNSSHP event ( I enjoy the Halloween event more )... rare character meet & greets, event specific merchandise, holiday parade & fireworks, longer hours. If you are going just to see the decorations, then you can do all of that in the day irregardless of crowds without paying for the ticketed event. Unless all the event items are important to you, save your money.
If just want decorations - NO, not worth it. But if you want the snow experience, YES, it is worth it. The parade is one, if not the best parade in all the parks, fireworks - not really, unless you take the fireworks cruise - then they are fantastic!!

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
We did it once, and it was a nice idea, but our execution was left wanting. I'd say our disappointment is partly (mostly?) due to our poor planning. We went to MVMCP after spending the day at MK. I guess we just didn't grasp the idea of what we could do, and so by the time evening came, our kids were very tired.

With that said, we found the first parade to be incredibly crowded and didn't really get to enjoy the time. Since we had a long day at MK already the kids pooped out shortly after that, and we failed to take advantage of the rides. Yet even with that, I do question whether its worth the time, perhaps as the night wears on and the crowds thin out.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

I’ve done both parties. And I must say I think everyone should do each atleast once. It will be a similar set up and schedule as the MNSSHP, but I’m a Christmas nut and love MVMCP even more. Plus I always say take advantage of the rides and characters during the party. That’s where imo you get your money’s worth.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom