Dear WDW why Golden Oaks!!??!! And stop selling land!!!!

floridabill

Original Poster
Ok so I know there are already multiple threads on this, but I have some questions. like what was the real reason for getting rid of two very nice golf courses and SELLING 980 acres!!:eek: Walt didn't buy all that land for TDO to be greedy and just sell it off!!!!:fork: same as for western development cause you know they are going to sell that too! and thats like 450 acres!! anyway getting off topic, why the need for a four seasons and a private gated community???

whats the point of another shopping district with 3rd party vendors? and economy lodging.. they have a hard enough time filling there rooms in the first place! And why did they ever do celebration?? that was so much land they could have used for better things! that was the start of it all. At the rate they are going there will never be a 5th gate cause all the land is going to be gone..soon there will be a publix in the heart of wdw :hurl:

PaisleyMF

The Disney World Property has been expanded and sold for a long time, There is also so much land that can actually be used since some is protected wildlife refuge. Disney is yes been greedy but the golf courses will be modify and a Four Seasons is just to compete with the Waldorf Astoria near Property (Bonnet Creek Resort). As for the Western Development most of that land will still be own by Disney with a several years lease (like Swan and Dolphin).

Grizzly Hall 71

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THING!! STOP SELLING THE LAND!!! The company worked so hard to get this land in the 60's why are they just giving it off!!! It's really annoying. Also if the first phase of Golden Oak is a failure will they get the land back? Cause I have the strongest feeling it will fail.

Once again, STOP SELLING THE LAND THAT WALT WANTED!! IF YOU WAN MONEY SO BAD, INVEST IN A 5th GATE AND YOU'LL MAKE MONEY OFF THAT!!!

jakeman

You guys know this isn't the official Disney site, right?

If you have an issue with Golden Oak it may be marginally more productive to take it up directly with the company.

Apologies in advance for being forum police, but if there are already multiple threads on a particular subject, why was another created when there is no relevant new information?

floridabill

Original Poster
You guys know this isn't the official Disney site, right?

If you have an issue with Golden Oak it may be marginally more productive to take it up directly with the company.

Apologies in advance for being forum police, but if there are already multiple threads on a particular subject, why was another created when there is no relevant new information?

Well I understand where you are coming from, but I have a feeling if I wrote to disney what I wrote up top i would get nothing in response! I'm not trying to complain just want to know why they sell all there land:shrug: thats all, I didn't want to come off as complaining.

Thrill

Honestly, I'd have no problem if Golden Oaks was an attempt at EPCOT. That was Walt's intention for the Florida Project, and it still has yet to come to fruition. Problem is, this isn't anything remotely close to EPCOT. Worse, Walt bought a lot of land so that he'd have total corporate control through Reedy Creek, and now there is a permanent population inside WDW--people with voting rights, capable of ruining Disney's corporate control. To my understanding, Walt's EPCOT wasn't going to have permanent residents for this very reason. I don't know how Disney is letting this go through under such conditions.

Grizzly Hall 71

Honestly, I'd have no problem if Golden Oaks was an attempt at EPCOT. That was Walt's intention for the Florida Project, and it still has yet to come to fruition. Problem is, this isn't anything remotely close to EPCOT. Worse, Walt bought a lot of land so that he'd have total corporate control through Reedy Creek, and now there is a permanent population inside WDW--people with voting rights, capable of ruining Disney's corporate control. To my understanding, Walt's EPCOT wasn't going to have permanent residents for this very reason. I don't know how Disney is letting this go through under such conditions.

I heard that the land where Golden Oaks is going has been de-annexed. Meaning it's not on disney property.

Another thing if phase 1 fails can Disney get the land back they were planning for phase 2 to be built on?

Thrill

I heard that the land where Golden Oaks is going has been de-annexed. Meaning it's not on disney property.

Another thing if phase 1 fails can Disney get the land back they were planning for phase 2 to be built on?

Ah, didn't see that. Well, at least Reedy Creek stays intact. I don't really know the story behind the deal, if it was just de-annexed from RCID and a division of Disney is in control of it, or if it was sold to an outside contractor.

It's a shame that this is happening, because this is a huge piece of land that Disney could never have again. They could regret it one day. I don't think that they will be able to get such a massive piece of land like WDW again...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom