Deadpool 3

erasure fan1

Whatever they do, it will be interesting. I reallyhope the way deadpool is integrated into the MCU, is done before deadpool 3. Similar to how black panther and spiderman came into civil war. The multiverse is the obvious way this all comes together. What I don't want is the lion king 1 1/2, he was there the whole time, you just didn't notice. But I have a lot of faith in Feige so I trust whatever they do, it will work.

doctornick

Whatever they do, it will be interesting. I reallyhope the way deadpool is integrated into the MCU, is done before deadpool 3. Similar to how black panther and spiderman came into civil war. The multiverse is the obvious way this all comes together. What I don't want is the lion king 1 1/2, he was there the whole time, you just didn't notice. But I have a lot of faith in Feige so I trust whatever they do, it will work.
my hope: that they don’t integrate Deadpool into the MCU. I love the Deadpool movies and looking forward to there being more but they don’t really fit into the MCU, plus I don’t want to see any links (even tenuously) between the MCU and Fox X-Men

Marvel Studios can produce Deadpool and release it under the Fox banner. He can even make some jokes and references to the MCU and not being in it. That would actually be pretty awesome and fun.

erasure fan1

my hope: that they don’t integrate Deadpool into the MCU. I love the Deadpool movies and looking forward to there being more but they don’t really fit into the MCU, plus I don’t want to see any links (even tenuously) between the MCU and Fox X-Men

Marvel Studios can produce Deadpool and release it under the Fox banner. He can even make some jokes and references to the MCU and not being in it. That would actually be pretty awesome and fun.
I don't see that as a possibility. While I do want to see Deadpool join the mcu, if he didn't, I think it could still work. Disney spent way to much money on fox to not integrate xmen and Deadpool into their golden goose franchise. Deadpool was never really a constant part of the avengers anyway. So I could see Deadpool being mostly seperate and then joining up for the event films. Spider-Man and Deadpool have had some good stories, so I would like to see that play out.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Given how the MCU is leading into the Secret Invasion/Secret Wars story arc there is no way that DP will be sidelined from that (or the X-Men either for that matter).

Basically its a foregone conclusion that DP and the rest of the Fox X-Men universe will be integrated into the MCU, even if its just tangentially as being part of the Multiverse. The writing has been on the wall since the Fox acquisition.

Its the reason why there were reports of Patrick Stewart of having talks with Feige to reprise his role as Professor X.

Feige wants to play with all his toys, and he has the chance. Its also the reason why Sony and Marvel/Disney have smoothed things over with their deal. Their separate universes will be joined in Spider-Man 3 and Venom 2.

Lucky Rabbit

It’s not a big deal to me either way, but there’s zero chance Feige is going to support a non-MCU Marvel universe. That’s why he cancelled all of Marvel TV’s shows when he took over. There’s just one Marvel going forward.

doctornick

It’s not a big deal to me either way, but there’s zero chance Feige is going to support a non-MCU Marvel universe. That’s why he cancelled all of Marvel TV’s shows when he took over. There’s just one Marvel going forward.

I'll admit that the cards don't look good for what I want, but I think Deadpool is a character that would work great as an independent film series that is not part of the MCU. Personally, I don't think that his films fit well with the MCU and attaching them to the franchise weakens both. YMMV.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Helstrom proceeded. He's playing nice with Sony over their Spider/Venomverse and Spiderverse Animation. Animated Marvel series continue that operate in an adjacent multiverse. A MODOK animated series is finishing production. Marvel in theme parks exist in an adjacent multiverse.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'll admit that the cards don't look good for what I want, but I think Deadpool is a character that would work great as an independent film series that is not part of the MCU. Personally, I don't think that his films fit well with the MCU and attaching them to the franchise weakens both. YMMV.
I'm not sure why you don't think DP fits into the MCU. The good thing about the MCU is that each film has the ability to be independent while still being part of the larger narrative being told. So the same can be done with the DP films, still independent in the story within the film, but still contributing to the larger narrative being told in the next saga.

Also you do know that the Marvel comics have been doing this for 81 years. The characters all are intertwined with each other while still being independent.

I have faith in Feige that he'll find a way to bring DP into the MCU without weaken the character or the franchise. Additionally I know that Ryan Reynolds himself would ensure that any story being told where he is playing DP would also be on brand. So there shouldn't be much to be worried about.

erasure fan1

I have faith in Feige that he'll find a way to bring DP into the MCU without weaken the character or the franchise
This is really it for me. In Feige I trust. He hasn't let me down yet so I have to believe it will be done right. Realistically he has probably had a plan for Deadpool and the xmen since well before Disney purchased Fox. He seems like the kind of guy to have multiple story paths and what if scenarios "just in case". I feel like that's why Spidey fit in so easy.

Lucky Rabbit

Helstrom proceeded. He's playing nice with Sony over their Spider/Venomverse and Spiderverse Animation. Animated Marvel series continue that operate in an adjacent multiverse. A MODOK animated series is finishing production. Marvel in theme parks exist in an adjacent multiverse.
My comments were strictly about live action Marvel shows/movies. If Feige had taken over sooner I think he stops Helstrom. Though he had all Marvel branding removed from the show.

I am curious in how many concessions Sony got out of Feige in connecting Venom/Morbius to the MCU. I’m sure it’s worth it to keep Spidey, but I imagine they’ll just say the Sony movies are in the multiverse. If they retcon Venom to have happened in the main MCU timeline, then that opens up some interesting possibilities.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My comments were strictly about live action Marvel shows/movies. If Feige had taken over sooner I think he stops Helstrom. Though he had all Marvel branding removed from the show.

I am curious in how many concessions Sony got out of Feige in connecting Venom/Morbius to the MCU. I’m sure it’s worth it to keep Spidey, but I imagine they’ll just say the Sony movies are in the multiverse. If they retcon Venom to have happened in the main MCU timeline, then that opens up some interesting possibilities.
The latest rumor is that Venom takes place in the Andrew Garfield Spidey universe. So the moment Andrew Garfield shows up in Spider-Man 3 with Tom Holland (and Tobey Maguire), then Venom is part of the MCU. How that plays into Venom 2 we don't know yet, but it's all interesting times ahead for the MCU and Sony universes.

Lucky Rabbit

The latest rumor is that Venom takes place in the Andrew Garfield Spidey universe. So the moment Andrew Garfield shows up in Spider-Man 3 with Tom Holland (and Tobey Maguire), then Venom is part of the MCU. How that plays into Venom 2 we don't know yet, but it's all interesting times ahead for the MCU and Sony universes.
With Jamie Foxx returning for Spider-Man 3 that makes sense. I could be mistaken but didn't they film Venom 2 around the time of the Sony/Disney breakup? I wonder how that impacted them referencing anything.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
With Jamie Foxx returning for Spider-Man 3 that makes sense. I could be mistaken but didn't they film Venom 2 around the time of the Sony/Disney breakup? I wonder how that impacted them referencing anything.
Why would that have any impact? Spider-Man is technically owned by Sony in terms of the film rights. So in reality its Marvel that is getting access to him. So Venom 2 would have no issues with getting Tom Holland if they wanted to have the "MCU" Spider-Man in the film.

But all of that is moot as the Sony/Marvel issues were resolved prior to filming starting on Venom 2, which started in November 2019. In it iconic reality it was said that it was Tom Holland that lead to the smoothing of things between the two studios.

Lucky Rabbit

Why would that have any impact? Spider-Man is technically owned by Sony in terms of the film rights. So in reality its Marvel that is getting access to him. So Venom 2 would have no issues with getting Tom Holland if they wanted to have the "MCU" Spider-Man in the film.

But all of that is moot as the Sony/Marvel issues were resolved prior to filming starting on Venom 2, which started in November 2019. In it iconic reality it was said that it was Tom Holland that lead to the smoothing of things between the two studios.
100% but until they knew the direction of Spider-Man 3 and the MCU deal, they may not of had Venom 2 rely heavily on Spider-Man. We now know under the new deal Holland will be appearing in the Sony-verse movies going forward.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
100% but until they knew the direction of Spider-Man 3 and the MCU deal, they may not of had Venom 2 rely heavily on Spider-Man. We now know under the new deal Holland will be appearing in the Sony-verse movies going forward.
Yes but we're talking now not over a year ago which is when everything was up in the air. While 2020 has brought us a pause in releases of new MCU content, the news out of Marvel has not. We've been getting constant news this whole year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom