Deadpool 3

erasure fan1

It looks good. Post endgame the films that had me most excited were spider man, thor, guardians and this. Thor was a letdown but I really liked guardians and no way home. I'll be very curious how this does. I don't expect it to hit guardians 3 box office because of the rating. But 700 to 750mil is very possible, and if it's the best of the 3, I could see it getting close to the 800mil mark.

Phroobar

It looks good. Post endgame the films that had me most excited were spider man, thor, guardians and this. Thor was a letdown but I really liked guardians and no way home. I'll be very curious how this does. I don't expect it to hit guardians 3 box office because of the rating. But 700 to 750mil is very possible, and if it's the best of the 3, I could see it getting close to the 800mil mark.
I don't think the theater market can do 700-750m anymore. However, I think 300m is possible.

jpinkc

I don't think the theater market can do 700-750m anymore. However, I think 300m is possible.
I hate to agree but, until the Movie Companies, start holding back on sending things to streaming so quickly, Theaters are in trouble. But the likely hood of that happening is Slim to none in my book. If anything Streaming costs are going to end up as high or higher than full service Cable at the current rate. Which defeats cutting the cord err cable.

Phroobar

I hate to agree but, until the Movie Companies, start holding back on sending things to streaming so quickly, Theaters are in trouble. But the likely hood of that happening is Slim to none in my book. If anything Streaming costs are going to end up as high or higher than full service Cable at the current rate. Which defeats cutting the cord err cable.
That is why we need to buy BluRays or watch Tubi and PlutoTV.

erasure fan1

No doubt 300m is a definite possibility. If the movie is largely considered average, it will be on the low side for sure. But in my opinion, the box office can still hit 600 to 800m+ with the right property. And Deadpool is one of those properties in my opinion. What box office has showed me over the last few years is, mediocre is more often box office poison. That early hype is very important. People just don't seem all that willing to take a flyer on something that's mediocre to poor. But as we've seen, spiderman, guardians, barbie... All did fine because they had the hype and excitement behind them. Deadpool has that same hype, and with wolverine, even better. It will be up to the movie to deliver from a quality standpoint.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The trailer for Deadpool & Wolverine set a new record for the most-viewed movie trailer within 24 hours.

"The first trailer for “Deadpool and Wolverine,” which debuted Sunday during the Super Bowl, has broken the record for the most-viewed movie trailer within 24 hours with an astounding 365 million total views, per Disney.

The previous record holder was the trailer for “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” which had 355.5 million views in its first 24 hours."

Willmark

Deadpool is such an outlier of property I’m not sure good or bad what potential returns will actually tell us.

Or put another way if it doesn’t live up to expectations or if it over performs I don’t think Deadpool is a good indicator of Marvel. It’s a property that is almost stand alone IMO.

Screamface

That terrible Joker movie made a billion with an R rating. The Deadpool films aren't even very good and yet they both made around 800 mil. This one will be massive bringing back the Jackman. There's good will to the character. Good will to Wolverine. People crave good comic book films. As long as it isn't terrible everyone will go see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom