DDP what do you get for your credits at....

DreamalittleDisney

Original Poster
Heya

Coming back over from UK in a week and have reservations at the below sometimes it's not super clear what you get for a TS credit with some meals (I apologise in advance if I'm being a bit dense!)

So at the yachtsman what can I choose from with by x 2 TS credits? I've heard about a porterhouse is it worth it - what's the extra charge?

Teppan Edo - what do i get as standard with my TS credit

Any help appreciated

James J

In the Parks
No
It's one entree, one dessert (at lunch and dinner only) and one drink, whether you're at a signature restaurant that requires two credits like Yachtsman Steakhouse or a one credit restaurant restaurant like Teppan Edo.

The 32-oz Porterhouse at Yachstman is for two people so I believe you'd use 4 credits for it?

On the Disney Holidays site (https://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/dining-plans/) it also says:

"Items on the menu that 'exceed $40.00 ($75.00 in Signature Restaurants) may not be available for a waiter service meal without payment of a surcharge."

Last edited:

DreamalittleDisney

Original Poster
It's one entree, one dessert (at lunch and dinner only) and one drink, whether you're at a signature restaurant that requires two credits like Yachtsman Steakhouse or a one credit restaurant restaurant like Teppan Edo.

The 32-oz Porterhouse at Yachstman is for two people so I believe you'd use 4 credits for it?

On the Disney Holidays site (https://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/dining-plans/) it also says:

"Items on the menu that 'exceed $40.00 ($75.00 in Signature Restaurants) may not be available for a waiter service meal without payment of a surcharge."
Thanks

StarshipDisney

Unfortunately, I do not believe above is fully accurate. I am pretty sure that Disney removed dessert from the DDP Counter Service (CS) since my last visit in 2016 same as they removed the appetizer from the DDP Table Service (TS) after our 2007 trip. CS is only entrée and beverage now. You still get dessert for TS but not sure how much longer that may last with all the ongoing cuts.

henwen

In 2018 they added an alcoholic or premium beverage with TS and QS credits. Those using Deluxe DP credits will still get an appetizer, entree, and dessert.

StarshipDisney

In 2018 they added an alcoholic or premium beverage with TS and QS credits.

One thing to remember...and correct me if I am wrong...is that the alcoholic beverage is a "one and done" option. That is, don't expect a refill unless you pay extra. On the other hand, tea and soda are still free refills as much as you want.

If you do get free refills on the alcohol please let me know. I may use it myself. But one drink is never enough for dinner.

henwen

One thing to remember...and correct me if I am wrong...is that the alcoholic beverage is a "one and done" option. That is, don't expect a refill unless you pay extra. On the other hand, tea and soda are still free refills as much as you want.

If you do get free refills on the alcohol please let me know. I may use it myself. But one drink is never enough for dinner.

Ha! Yes, one entitlement per diner (one glass of wine, beer, etc.) Can you imagine how much money they'd lose with refills :)

However, the one that I know of is Hoop-de-doo where your admission gets you unlimited drinks, with beer and wine included.

James J

In the Parks
No
Unfortunately, I do not believe above is fully accurate. I am pretty sure that Disney removed dessert from the DDP Counter Service (CS) since my last visit in 2016 same as they removed the appetizer from the DDP Table Service (TS) after our 2007 trip. CS is only entrée and beverage now. You still get dessert for TS but not sure how much longer that may last with all the ongoing cuts.

Yes, but I was talking about TS credits as that's what the OP mentioned.

Last edited:

TeriofTerror

Ha! Yes, one entitlement per diner (one glass of wine, beer, etc.) Can you imagine how much money they'd lose with refills :)

However, the one that I know of is Hoop-de-doo where your admission gets you unlimited drinks, with beer and wine included.
Yes, but wouldn't it be lovely if HDD had unlimited drink options worth, you know, actually drinking? 😉
I'd seriously be happy with options as basic as a Sam Adams seasonal and a house pinot noir. Is that really too much to ask?!

slappy magoo

Sorry. The second quote is what threw me. I have never thought of using a TS for lunch. To me that is CS.
It wouldn't be "economical" in relation to what you're paying for the regular dining plan to use your one daily (nightly) table service credit on a lunch. But on the Deluxe Dining Plan, if you've got the hankering for gut busting meals 3 times a day, go for it.

When we've done the Deluxe Dining Plan, we'd usually do a sit down meal (often a character meal, at a park before it officially opened), a counter service lunch or just a snack if we weren't too hungry (and we often weren't), and a table service dinner. Definitely a snack for lunch if we had a Signature meal planned that day. My oldest turned 10 before our last trip so no dining plan was "worth it" as she does not eat like an adult and usually ate off of kids' menus when given the option. Many of the restaurants we went to offered to charge her as a child, even at buffets or at Be Our Guest, because she ate so little (FTR we did not ask for adjustments, it was offered to us or just done and we wouldn't know until I really inspected the bill afterwards).

Personally, I'd prefer if the counter service options gave you the choice of a dessert or an alcoholic drink (I'm not much of a drinker). Although the regular dining plan gives you 2 snacks a day (night) versus 1 before they added on alcohol, so you could always add a dessert to your lunch if you wanted, I suppose.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yes, but wouldn't it be lovely if HDD had unlimited drink options worth, you know, actually drinking? 😉
I'd seriously be happy with options as basic as a Sam Adams seasonal and a house pinot noir. Is that really too much to ask?!

:D The Sangria Swill is something that will haunt your dreams.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom