Trip Report DD in WDW without me :-(

Hey Gang,
It's been a while for me an no Disney hit, and nothing planned for the moment :-( My DD just left this morning to WDW with her mother (we are divorced and DD is 6yo, relationship with the ex is awesome though). I'll be kept in the loop throughout the trip, so maybe I can enjoy vicariously now!! Here are the specifics.

Tuesday through Saturday at the AOA.

Well, that's about all I know at the moment. My ex didn't score any ADR's (Really?!?!) And worst of all she didn't even score BBB for my DD :eek: I am not sure what the ex was thinking, I've had DD at BBB and CRT on both the last trips!!! worst of all she wouldn't use my trip planning subscription and doesn't have T-lines to guide her, she's going in blind!!
I took DD on JOTLMM for a documented 13 runs last trip. We used a lot of planning Fast passes and magic bands to make that happen. I'm afraid DD will be standing in line most of this trip as I fear the ex is unprepared....
Anyway they should be driving through the gates now!! I'll keep you posted with what's happening.
:)

RickP

RickP330

Original Poster
Okay, here is their update!! Travel was smooth although we got a couple of inches of snow this morning. She said it started snowing while they were on the plane, but they made it on time! Warm enough to work up a sweat they said. Smart move - spent the day at the resort and in the pool. Said they got a reservation at DHS not sure where, I'm guessing Si-fi? I'll find out more later!!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 44
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 33

DisSplash

It must be bittersweet enjoying Disney this time through your daughter's eyes, but I'll bet this gets you in the mood to plan your next trip there! Your ex must have started the planning late not to get any ADR's, although I'll bet she might be able to snatch a few "walk up reservations" at the last minute as I would think the crowds are not too bad this time of year.

prfctlyximprct

Your daughter is probably having a blast! Glad you can be there vicariously thru her! She looks likes she's having a good time at the pool.. what I'd give to be there instead of dealing with more snow! :eek:

RickP330

Original Poster
Hey Guys, it's "almost" as good as being there LOL. I'm not sure what restaurant they went to last night, but I have to guess it was the 50's prime time or Si-Fi diner. They are on their vacation so I don't want to keep bothering them for an update, but it's fun guessing too! Here are some more photos.
photo 300.JPG

FlaggNL

For your daugther it is great, but for you it's nothing more than sad! But seeing the trip trough your daugther's eyes is at least something! Keep us informed :)

RickP330

Original Poster
For your daugther it is great, but for you it's nothing more than sad! But seeing the trip trough your daugther's eyes is at least something! Keep us informed :)

Hey it's all good!! I actually had taken her the last two years in a row, So I am really lucky in those regards! Besides she is already planning on when we go back together. I told her next time it's just me and our DGF and we are going to stay at the "big white hotel". The GF. She wants noooo part of that LOL.
Rick

DisSplash

What?! It's a "No" for the GF? That has to be due to her young age ... just give her a few years and she will probably be begging for all that luxury!

RickP330

Original Poster
What?! It's a "No" for the GF? That has to be due to her young age ... just give her a few years and she will probably be begging for all that luxury!
LOL, We did some resort tours last trip. One was through the GF. She thought it was too stuffy!! So she said me an DGF can go by ourselves next time and stay there!! I don't think she knows it has a sand bottomed pool!!!!

Yesterday they spent all day in the MK. I know she did the JOTLM and Arial's grotto - I can't believe she did it only once, I'm sure it was a fight with her boy cousin who wants SM or HM.... She also wants nothing to do with those!!
RP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom