DCL 's pre boarding vs RCCL's pre boarding

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
My family of three are booked on a Royal Caribbean Cruise (RCCL) departing Cape Liberty NJ on Dec. 24th.
Stopping at Cape Canaveral on the way to the Bahamas.
In order to be allowed on the ship the day of departure, EVERYONE ( including those of us who are fully vaccinated) has to get a Corona Virus Test proving we are healthy. It has to take place within the 72 hours or less timeframe prior to the ship sailing.
IS DISNEY CRUISE LINE REQUIRING THAT?

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
On Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Cruise Line forum, some have said they are expecting to pay out of pocket for the rapid test, because they might not have proof of the 3 day test in time. Even that 3 day result test which used to be free of charge, some say is no longer free unless you have obvious symptoms.
Anyone want to share their feedback on my OP or this post?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I think you're not getting many bites because most people here go on DCL v Royal Caribbean.

But I went to the DCL website and found this:

It currently looks like if you are vaccinated you can upload a copy of your CDC card allowing you to waive the testing requirements that the unvaccinated need to do.
Thank you.
Scrolling down on the link you provided is the answer.....just to be clear....this is for a DISNEY Cruise....
20210802_102732_HDR.jpg

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I have now learned that Royal Caribbean requires ALL passengers to be fully vaccinated unless departing from Florida.
I personally AM fully vaccinated but my wife and daughter chose not to be.
We have not yet paid our balance due.
Most likely we will just cancel and get a refund on the deposit.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom