DCL comments contact

TiggerDad

Original Poster
We just got back from our first cruise and wanted to provide some feedback in a more detailed way than the comment card allowed (both positive and negative). Can anyone point me to a good avenue for reaching someone who would care?

TiggerDad

Original Poster
@TiggerDad Would you mind sharing your thoughts? I’m always interested in a first time cruiser’s thoughts.
I think every person can have a radically different experience on a cruise because there is so much to do. Our 19 yo loved it because there were things she could do with others her age. Our 11 and 9 yos loved the freedom we gave them to check in and out of the club and lab and edge for the older one. We saw all the big shows and did other activities too but barely did 10% of what was on the schedule. And we had no overlap with what others have done on their cruises (based on a few trip reports here and some friends).

The cast members were mostly amazing and really set a high bar. The character interactions were mostly top notch for interaction, and the way they popped up at random reminded me of DL (but sadly not WDW). We had a server who really hit it out of the park and needs to be acknowledged.

Port adventures were all over the place. We got stuck in a monsoon looking for stingrays in Cayman, with lightning striking the boat next to us. Not good to have people in the water in that situation. I am not a beach person so Castaway didn't do anything for me. I know everyone loves it, but I was ready to get back on board.

The big negative for me was being cut off from the real world. I had some work issues I needed to keep up with and that was really hard. My wife bought the biggest internet package and blew through it in two hours. I was able to make my package last the whole week but only by aggressively logging out after just a few minutes each time. I get that you're on vacation but I should be able to take 30 minutes to catch up on things each day if I need or want to.

The other issue is cost. This was one of the most expensive vacations we have ever taken, so I wanted to get the value from it. Because of other life decisions, I don't think we will choose to spend this kind of money multiple times a year or even once a year. But at some point we will do it again, maybe Alaska or the Mediterranean.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom