DCA's Viva Navidad! and my Christmas wish for all of you!

TP2000

Original Poster
In the fun Top 3 thread that @1LE McQueen started, I listed the Viva Navidad! show at DCA as one of my favorites. I don't think you could get a bigger dose of Christmas cheer with a SoCal flair if you tried, and it's a sparkling little jewel in Disneyland's crown of many holiday happenings.

But before I get to the video, and before the flying reindeer whisk us all into a busy holiday, I wanted to say something today as my reindeer will be waiting for me tomorrow morning; Gate 58, Hawaiian Airlines Flight #3, and I will be gone for a long Christmas vacation in our 50th state.

2019 was such a bizarre and sometimes hysterically funny year for me personally, and for many of us here, and certainly for the execs and cubicle army in TDA who thought Disneyland would be slammed with historic crowds the moment Star Wars Land opened (Oops!). I wanted to thank all the nice folks here I chatted with on the boards, old friends I reconnected with offline, and new ones I got to know better after they reached out regarding bizarre events of that hilarious Medium article this past August, in no particular order and apologies to those I missed; @Curious Constance, @Dr. Hans Reinhardt, @Darkbeer1, @raven24, @Figments Friend , @Phrubruh, @FerretAfros, @Old Mouseketeer, @mickEblu, @SSG, @Mickeyboof, @brb1006, @Disney Analyst, @Kram Sacul, @Animaniac93-98, @MansionButler84, @flynnibus, @THE 1HAPPY HAUNT, @George Lucas on a Bench, and others.

So anyway, thanks for all the laughs and the fun and the endless chatter. It's been a wild and wacky year, and I hope we can all spend some lovely moments with those we love and laugh with over the next two weeks.

My Christmas gift to all of you is this video of the ridiculously catchy Viva Navidad! show at DCA.
Enjoy, and have a very merry Christmas!
🎄

Last edited:

brb1006

Merry Christmas TP2000,

I'm already curious to see how TDO is going to deal with WDW's 50th Anniversary with some announcements sometime in 2020.

Darkbeer1

To TP2000 and everyone else here in this quirky DLR section.

First off Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays...

What a Wild Ride for me personally in 2019. Last night, I got home from the Angels Rally and went straight to bed, I was that tired and worn out. While the outside of the house is decorated, the inside isn't, and Lisa and I will be out of town this weekend. Some things have to give, at least the presents are bought.

The Angel Stadium deal was something I knew was in the works, and the deadline, but still, lots of special meetings, etc.

At yesterday's S.O.A.R. meeting, in my mind, how did I end up in this room of power players. (I do know, and it is for the insights I bring, and my skill to read between the lines on what others (read into that UNITE HERE) are working on. We are discussing the details of the land sale deal, with some of the biggest land owners in town (Hotel owners, relators, etc.), politicians, and fellow power players. (Who gave me this power?).

I joke about getting to meet, sit down and discuss things with Disneyland Resort Presidents, something I know many of here would love to do. Trust me that I look back twenty five years ago, and realize that I did it back then, just in a different role. Thanks to my father, I got to start attending all the Southern California Tourist attractions as a Toddler, and throughout my childhood. I learned about how things work, met some great Imagineers, some at WDI, some at other places. That ended up getting associated with Theme Parks in General, first at SeaWorld and Belmont Park, to Disneyland, Knott's, Magic Mountain and Universal. Looking back to my regular visits with Jack Falfas at the Amber Waves Bar. We talked about life in general, and parks. I have gained some amazing friends. To think that I have been around for over half of Knott's existence, to have been able to walk in Disneyland during the early Walt Years, to see SeaWorld, Universal, Castle Park, Magic Mountain, and LEGOLAND California to be born and grow. (Yes, that includes the WestCot and early DCA years)

And I also have been lucky enough to share some of those experiences with others.

There is part of me wanting to join TP2000 in the Aloha State (I have a piece of property on the Big Island that is rented out), but alas, I know I have to stay in town to make sure the city that has become a big part of my life moves forward.

I look forward to get to ride West Coast Racers Saturday. Seeing Holidays in the Park and Harry Potter Christmas. Spending Christmas with my lovely Wife, Lisa, who I met 15 years ago at Disneyland and my Mom, who is still sharp at 88. Spending a second Christmas (date TBD) with my Uncle and cousins, and then my 10th Anniversary on January 9th. But over the last few weeks, I have also had the time with many other friends, and more over the next week. (I have the CTA Mixer tonight, that will have many Tourism folks in attendance).

But this board has been a place to blow off some steam, get a little silly and crazy with fellow posters who also have that appreciation of Theme Parks. And yes, I have known some of you on the boards for decades, some for a lot less. And yes, if you put us all in the same room, people would call it a melting pot, so many differences if you look at all these things that people want to categorize, race, gender, preference, political beliefs, etc. One thing I learned early on, people are people! And yes, we will have our disagreements, but I am glad that not everyone is the same. I want to learn what others think.

So I want to make sure that my wishes for the Merriest of Christmas, and whatever Holiday you celebrate, are accepted as that, regardless of any disagreements we have.

So sometime while I serve Jury Duty on the week of December 30th, I will think of having a drink on a patio with TP2000 overlooking a beautiful beach, while poking fun at every Disneyland President we can remember, and that is all of them! (Yes, two old farts shooting the breeze), and wishing the rest of you could join us in the laughs. That has always been a key of life. We all have had our lows, but we have to move forward. And this time of the year, we remember those in our past, celebrate them, AND celebrate those in our lives today.

Almost three years ago, I basically died, spent a couple of weeks in a coma, and came out of it for a second chance at life. I am truly blessed and realize it every day. And I had to fight for it, starting in a Nursing home, to learn how to get out of bed, use the bathroom, walk, think, and other challenges. Every day, I try and get a little bit closer to "normal", and everyone, including my medical team, has been amazed on how far I have progressed.

So my message to you, don't give up, accept the challenges handed to you, realize you will fall along the way. The key is to get up, and keep moving forward. And realize you have family and friends that will help you get back up and move forward. Also realize that others need help and assistance, probably not the same type of help, but still something you can do. Make sure those close to you know you appreciate them.

Here is to a very Happy New Year.... Thinking about it, here we go into the Roaring 20's, break out those Flappers!

Last edited:

smooch

I only joined this board at the beginning of summer and didn't make an account til it got towards the end of the summer, but I look forward to coming here any chance I get. Your posts are always so insightful and you have a wonderful sense of humor. I hope you have a merry Christmas, a happy New Year, and safe travels to an from Hawaii. I love it on Maui, I am so jealous I wish I was there instead of in the pouring rain. I am looking forward to seeing what happens this next year and getting to know everyone here even better, and hopefully contributing more often to these boards.

TP2000

Original Poster
Not just the holiday. The whole damn week. Should be nice and sunny by the time everyone goes back to work.

We landed in Honolulu a half hour late due to some very strong headwinds across the entire Pacific according to our pilot, probably that train of storms headed to SoCal for Christmas. But that allowed enough extra time for the stewardess to pass out a second round of Mai Tais after lunch. 🧐

DSC01056.jpg

Last edited:

BrianLo

In the fun Top 3 thread that @1LE McQueen started, I listed the Viva Navidad! show at DCA as one of my favorites. I don't think you could get a bigger dose of Christmas cheer with a SoCal flair if you tried, and it's a sparkling little jewel in Disneyland's crown of many holiday happenings.

But before I get to the video, and before the flying reindeer whisk us all into a busy holiday, I wanted to say something today as my reindeer will be waiting for me tomorrow morning; Gate 58, Hawaiian Airlines Flight #3, and I will be gone for a long Christmas vacation in our 50th state.

2019 was such a bizarre and sometimes hysterically funny year for me personally, and for many of us here, and certainly for the execs and cubicle army in TDA who thought Disneyland would be slammed with historic crowds the moment Star Wars Land opened (Oops!). I wanted to thank all the nice folks here I chatted with on the boards, old friends I reconnected with offline, and new ones I got to know better after they reached out regarding bizarre events of that hilarious Medium article this past August, in no particular order and apologies to those I missed; @Curious Constance, @Dr. Hans Reinhardt, @Darkbeer1, @raven24, @Figments Friend , @Phrubruh, @FerretAfros, @Old Mouseketeer, @mickEblu, @SSG, @Mickeyboof, @brb1006, @Disney Analyst, @Kram Sacul, @Animaniac93-98, @MansionButler84, @flynnibus, @THE 1HAPPY HAUNT, @George Lucas on a Bench, and others.

So anyway, thanks for all the laughs and the fun and the endless chatter. It's been a wild and wacky year, and I hope we can all spend some lovely moments with those we love and laugh with over the next two weeks.

My Christmas gift to all of you is this video of the ridiculously catchy Viva Navidad! show at DCA.
Enjoy, and have a very merry Christmas!
🎄

Left off the @TP2000 Christmas card :cry:

Merry Christmas!

:cry::cry::cry:

Mickeyboof

What a remarkable, messy, and downright brilliant year. Equal parts shocking and sweet.

Your post, @Darkbeer1 , had me tearing up! Thank you for the message of encouragement to us all.

I truly hope one day we can all cram into 21 Royal, enjoy a long meal and endless bubbles over a perfect view of Walt's original Magic Kingdom.

Ahora(!), bright suns, and have a magical holiday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom