DCA's Marvel Land Opening Delayed - July 18th Opening Date Cancelled

MarvelCharacterNerd

While I'll admit it mostly reminds me of Disney Springs - especially around the Marvel and Star Wars stores:

1586723144358.png
1586723163090.png

And while I certainly preferred the fun well-themed areas that they had in the Super Hero Headquarters upstairs in Tomorrowland where there were all kinds of cool displays and props around where the characters would meet:

1586723271114.png
1586723295149.png
1586723451122.png

Wait... what was my point again?

Oh yeah - I miss Super Hero HQ in Disneyland! :D And I wish they'd made that building a permanent 'Stark Expo'. But I'm still happy if there will be more characters hanging around the campus once it opens. :)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I have to push back a little. It's Tough to be a Bug was a really cute show. It was a great place to get out of the sun and get into some A/C.
You can still visit it in AK in Florida.....my family usually :rolleyes: when I say we HAVE to....but its a classic in the base of the Tree of Life, awesome setting in WDW. I am not a superhero geek....so likely won't be spending time in that new area when I do finally make it to DLR....;).

mickEblu

You can still visit it in AK in Florida.....my family usually :rolleyes: when I say we HAVE to....but its a classic in the base of the Tree of Life, awesome setting in WDW. I am not a superhero geek....so likely won't be spending time in that new area when I do finally make it to DLR....;).

Like ITTBAB, I hope they continue to keep the originals of everything around like they did with TOT, Country Bear Jamboree, Mr. Toads Wild Ride and Snow White.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Like ITTBAB, I hope they continue to keep the originals of everything around like they did with TOT, Country Bear Jamboree, Mr. Toads Wild Ride and Snow White.
Agreed....makes it more special to visit the other park, something familiar no longer available more local. So looking forward to riding Mr Toads Wild Ride again.....:happy:👍

mickEblu

Agreed....makes it more special to visit the other park, something familiar no longer available more local. So looking forward to riding Mr Toads Wild Ride again.....:happy:👍

I mean don’t get me wrong I wish we could have TOT back at DLR but the silver lining is that they seem to be intent on keeping the originals around although a few bullets have been dodged like with Toad at DL. There were also rumors swirling that WDWs TOT was on the chopping block when Chapek decided to GOTG DLs. I remember reading that it was spared mostly due to the fact that the park needed enough rides open while SWL and TSL were being built. There were also some rumors recently by Marni I believe that they were considering getting rid of CBJ at MK. With all of that said, it’s hard to believe that all of the originals of these attractions have survived from just sheer luck.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Frontierland needs CBJ imho. Helps make it more of a land, used to love exiting into Pecos Bill and smelling the burgers....they USED to have the most awesome burger toppings bar anywhere....sigh. WDW no longer has Snow White either.....but we do have Seven Dwarves Mine Ride so I guess she is there still.....another thing I look forward to at DLR!:cool:

mickEblu

Frontierland needs CBJ imho. Helps make it more of a land, used to love exiting into Pecos Bill and smelling the burgers....they USED to have the most awesome burger toppings bar anywhere....sigh. WDW no longer has Snow White either.....but we do have Seven Dwarves Mine Ride so I guess she is there still.....another thing I look forward to at DLR!:cool:

Have never been to WDW but looking forward to it someday. By the time I had the desire to go to WDW, I also had a baby so it didn’t make much sense. Now my son is 4.5 but I have another one on the way so it might not make sense for another 6 years or so when they can both go on the majority of attractions and I’m not having to child switch everything with my wife. Flirted with the idea of going to WDW for our honeymoon but went with Kauai instead.

Princess Leia

I’m planning my first trip to Disneyland in October, and was really hoping for the Marvel Land to open in the summer so there wouldn’t be as much of a rush in the fall (at least that was the hope). Now, I’m a little nervous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom