DCA's AP Lassiter's Lounge (Cove Bar) reopens today.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/...bar-reopening-at-disney-california-adventure/

>>
Here are 5 things you want to know:

1 The Cove Bar reopens on Friday, March 16, but only until Monday, May 28.

2. Yes, you can still get your lobster nacho fix.

3. You’ll also be able to get two new snacks: Deviled Eggs with Creamy Egg Salad, Tarragon Romesco Sauce, Manchego Crisp, Dill and Toast Points
along with Tuna Poke — Yellowfin Tuna Poke “Rice Bowl” with Magic Watermelon, Edamame, Shio Peppers and Spiced Mango Nectar.

4. All three of these will also be for sale when the building reopens this summer as the Lamplight Lounge.

5. Sorry, Ariel’s Grotto is closed for good and won’t reopen, except in your memories.<<

Magic Watermelon......Toast Points, wonder what at damage to your wallet will be?

I missed the Wolfgang Puck's Clam Chowder, and a nice peaceful, empty bar.

Ismael Flores

I'm glad Ariels Grotto is closed for good. I ate their once because I couldn't find reservations for anything else and I was in a jam to get seats for dinner for the next day.

The food was ok especially the lobster and steak dinner but the location was terrible. They asked us if we were ok seating inside but the noise level was unbelievable. So we got a seat outside. It felt like I was eating in some grungy area that I would find in Ports of call in Los Angeles but paying four times the price of the meal. The concrete floors and dirty awnings as well as the unkept feeling of the place. I always make it a habit to wash my hands before eating and was glad that the eatery had its restroom facility their and not like places at Disneyland where you have to walk to the other side of the park just to wash your hands when eating in their sit down restaurants. The problem was that the hallway and restroom itself was disgusting. paper towels everywhere and the sinks splattered with soap.

I understand that they had the Princess luncheons with lots of kids but that is the reason this place should have more staff to make sure the place matched the price point of the food.

TP2000

I'm glad Ariels Grotto is closed for good. I ate their once because I couldn't find reservations for anything else and I was in a jam to get seats for dinner for the next day.

The food was ok especially the lobster and steak dinner but the location was terrible. They asked us if we were ok seating inside but the noise level was unbelievable. So we got a seat outside. It felt like I was eating in some grungy area that I would find in Ports of call in Los Angeles but paying four times the price of the meal. The concrete floors and dirty awnings as well as the unkept feeling of the place. I always make it a habit to wash my hands before eating and was glad that the eatery had its restroom facility their and not like places at Disneyland where you have to walk to the other side of the park just to wash your hands when eating in their sit down restaurants. The problem was that the hallway and restroom itself was disgusting. paper towels everywhere and the sinks splattered with soap.

I understand that they had the Princess luncheons with lots of kids but that is the reason this place should have more staff to make sure the place matched the price point of the food.

Sometimes the restaurants at the Disneyland Resort can just be really grungy and dirty and dingy. I haven't eaten at Ariels' Grotto since it was operated by Wolfgang Puck in 2001, but I'm remembering why now. The last few years Ariel's Grotto always seemed like a bland stucco-and-cement food barn with dirty awnings and a slovenly hostess glaring at you from the podium out front.

But we were supposed to be excited because some Fullerton Junior College Co-Ed was dolled up in a Little Mermaid outfit and red wig? Why bother with that crap?

The Cove Bar, on the other hand, seemed to be an entirely different operation. How odd that Disneyland management is so bad at keeping standards up to a reasonable level at all locations. Total management failure when it came to Ariel's Grotto!

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

Sometimes the restaurants at the Disneyland Resort can just be really grungy and dirty and dingy. I haven't eaten at Ariels' Grotto since it was operated by Wolfgang Puck in 2001, but I'm remembering why now. The last few years Ariel's Grotto always seemed like a bland stucco-and-cement food barn with dirty awnings and a slovenly hostess glaring at you from the podium out front.

But we were supposed to be excited because some Fullerton Junior College Co-Ed was dolled up in a Little Mermaid outfit and red wig? Why bother with that crap?

The Cove Bar, on the other hand, seemed to be an entirely different operation. How odd that Disneyland management is so bad at keeping standards up to a reasonable level at all locations. Total management failure when it came to Ariel's Grotto!

yes, it was odd to me that Ariels grotto was even a place that sold itself as a place with a high price point and not feel like one. I never went in there when it was Wolfgang Puck so was not sure what their price point was. That location should have been treated like any other open air seaside eatery that sold food with decent size portions but had a mid level price point.

I have a feeling the outside area got worse after WOC was added, only because of all the extra mist and water that most likely hit the area. I am almost certain that water accumulated and just made the place look grungy.

I am still hoping that with the remodel that they at least put a permanent roof line and have areas that are more enclosed for a better experience. Only problem i would see is if they would clean all the water spots fro, any new windows that would be added nightly

westie

Nice to hear about CB. That part of the park over the bridge seems like "desolation wilderness" since so much is shut down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom