DCA turns 19 this Saturday (2/8/2020)

TP2000

Their goal was to infuse more Disney IPs into the park, why not have two big Mickeys as the backdrop for WoC ;)

How about this instead...

Keep the giant Mickey on the wheel facing the direction everyone can see it, but then rename it Pixar Pal-A-Round and slap Pixar character decals on all the cabins so when you actually ride it there's no connection to Mickey Mouse at all. We now have two IP's in one attraction!

Mr. Chapek is brilliant at this theme park thing! He has an incredible gift, and we are just lucky he shares it with us.

maxresdefault.jpg

EPCOTCenterLover

With the exception of the Cars Ride (don't care for the rest of the land), I think that opening DCA trumps the current one.

2004-2016 DCA will always be the best years for it in my opinion though.
I'd love to hear more about your thoughts why you like DCA at opening better. I don't agree but I'd love to see things from another angle.

britain

Keep the giant Mickey on the wheel facing the direction everyone can see it, but then rename it Pixar Pal-A-Round and slap Pixar character decals on all the cabins so when you actually ride it there's no connection to Mickey Mouse at all. We now have two IP's in one attraction!

Mr. Chapek is brilliant at this theme park thing! He has an incredible gift, and we are just lucky he shares it with us.

maxresdefault.jpg

Well, at least the sign is nice.

EPCOTCenterLover

To me shows such as WoC / Frozen are a one and done kind of thing.

I prefer opening DCA to current DCA due to my favorite ride in the park having been Soarin Over California. My other two old DCA favorites are California Screaming and Tower of Terror. These 3 attractions to me along with Grizzly River Rapids are what made the park fun.

Now it's unfair to include Tower as it was not there for a few years after opening. However, I'd rather have a park with Soarin Over California and California Screamin than the current park with bad overlays for both attractions. Muppets 3D was great, never saw Millionaire or Superstar Limo though.

The Whoppi Goldberg film was really well made and gave you a place to rest.

Radiator Racers is fun and all but I'm not a huge fan of it vs the other attractions. The rest of Cars Land to me is a giant mess of six flags kids rides and poorly laid out dinining / shopping space.

Paradise Pier pre WoC used to feel like a Pier with Beach Boys / Mamas and the Papas music and waves. The point of the Pier being a Pier is now completely lost. As mentioned earlier, the Mickey loop and Sun Wheel looked so much better.

I also don't understand why they got rid of Condor flats. It was a great representation of California desert and now the Grizzly forest just extends forever.

I'm not saying I love DCA 1.0 by any means, but compared to DCA 2018, I'd definitely prefer it.
Thanks for sharing this!

disneylandcm

maxresdefault.jpg
You know, when you’re inside that cabin, even though you can’t see what character it’s wrapped with, you just feel, like, so immersed. Like it’s a totally different experience on the Pal-Around than the Fun Wheel. What a “reimagining”! Money well spent on a third version. 😏

Phroobar

You know, when you’re inside that cabin, even though you can’t see what character it’s wrapped with, you just feel, like, so immersed. Like it’s a totally different experience on the Pal-Around than the Fun Wheel. What a “reimagining”! Money well spent on a third version. 😏
I always wait for the Sadness cabin. It is how I feel about Pixar Pier.

Sailor310

I miss the CALIFORNIA letters out front.They were such a great photo op.
I miss Condor Flats also. I used to regularly drive from LA to the Air Force Rocket Propulsion Laboratory in the hills overlooking the runways at Edwards AFB for meetings. Condor Flats caught a little of the flavor of Edwards and the Rocket Lab. They had rocket motors on test stands all over. Fuel and oxidizer tanks. Even a Space Shuttle Main Engine in the back of the Taste Pilot's Grill patio. Probably lost on anyone but me.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I think the biggest issue with DCA is how it's diluted and confused Disneyland's brand.

Now instead of 'Disneyland' being actual Disneyland, it encompasses the hotels, two parks, and Downtown Disney due to the poorly planned 'Disneyland Resort' branding of the whole complex. I'd have preferred they called the whole package "Disney California Resort' or something to help keep Disneyland Disneyland and help give DCA it's own identity.

To make things worse, you can buy Disney California Adventure branded clothing, but any Disneyland clothing that isn't a vintage recreation (since they do that now) insists on putting 'resort' there in small print- I don't think I've ever seen a Disneyland 'park' branded sweatshirt or T shirt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom