DCA Summer of Heroes commercial

BubbaQuest

Original Poster
Recently saw this on a local LA TV station:

I know I need to just get over it, but I really don't want to see Spiderman flying over DLR :(

Ismael Flores

Imagine if they did a firework show and had Spider-Man swinging from the Matterhorn or iron man flying over the castle instead of tinkerbell. ;-)

D

Deleted member 107043

For a year or two it was in Tomorrowland, in front of the closed Mission To Mars ride before it became Toy Story Fun House in 1995.

Toy Story Fun House - another misplaced disaster I'd forgotten about. The 90s were not kind to Disneyland.

Ismael Flores

oh i remember those years, we all seem to forget all those weird commercials and promotions now-a-days.

Anyone remember when insiders said that Disney was thinking of doing a huge Muppet promotional stunt?
supposedly Mickey and gang had decided to go on vacation and in a staged event they would hand over the keys of the park to Kermit and ask him to please make sure everything ran smoothly. for the summer Mickey and gang would be gone from the park and or maybe just be located in toontown and the muppets would be in control of Disneyland.
In muppet tradition things would get out of hand and the firework show as well as other entertainment including parades would always have something crazy happen. One of the muppets would have a crazy idea to put a big muppet sign on matterhorn and maybe even paint it green.
I don't know why but i actually thought that would have been fun. I don't know how the park would have serviced without having Mickey and gang doing meet and greets though. This was before DCA so tourist might not have liked the idea of not having photos of the gang. After DCA opened i thought it would have worked better because they could have used the storyline that Mickey and gang had taken a vacation and were spending time in DCA.

that reminded me of the other ideas they had for the early 2000's as promotional stunts for the movie Dinosaur and lilo and stitch that never happened. The one for the movie Dinosaur was suppose to include large size Dinosaurs walking down mainstreet. WDI even released a small video on a prototype skeleton of an AA they had been working on. The one for lilo and stitch included special effects that would light up the sky and create the illusion of a space ship that would eventually land in tomorrowland. The innoventions building would be lit up with special lighting, smoke and projections and be turning to make it look like the ship had just landed. One of the large doors would open and a parade of creatures and aliens would walk out of the building and head towards mainstreet.

Its funny how ideas never die, makes you wonder if someone saw old paperwork of that entertainment idea and then came up with the Alien invasion idea that happen in Hong Kong Disneyland for halloween

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom