[DCA] It's Back! Carpet Flies Again at "Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular"

sponono88

Original Poster
After a very long hiatus, the magic carpet is once again flying in the show! Here's the first video of the carpet back in action (captured by tadpohl23 on youtube)

Back in 2011 there was a scary incident where the carpet flipped over and had the actors dangling upside down over the theatre audience. This new carpet is supposed to be wider so hopefully something similar to that will never happen again.

The flying carpet scene is a big highlight of the show so it's nice to finally have it back.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Dang! We were a week too early...we were so looking forward to the flying carpet! We remembered it from our 2005 trip. Glad it is working again.

TP2000

What I'm curious about is why the Eiffel Tower, a structure not built until 1889, shows up in the tale of Alladin that takes place in 12th century Arabia?

Aside from that weird time-warp issue as the carpet flies past structures not to be built for many centuries, it's nice to see the carpet back. :cool:

croboy82

Oh wow, can't believe they finally fixed it.

I know there were rumours they were not fixing it cause it would close eventually. With Aladdin going to Broadway next year, it looks like they might want to keep the show a bit longer ;)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm curious-- what happened in the show without the carpet?
When we saw it a week ago, Aladdin and Jasmine sang "A Whole New World" offstage (which was weird in itself) while performers carried objects (like the Eiffel Tower) across a barely-lit stage. When the song was over, Aladdin and Jasmine climbed back in her bedroom window as if getting off the carpet. A major letdown.

Zman-ks

When we saw it a week ago, Aladdin and Jasmine sang "A Whole New World" offstage (which was weird in itself) while performers carried objects (like the Eiffel Tower) across a barely-lit stage. When the song was over, Aladdin and Jasmine climbed back in her bedroom window as if getting off the carpet. A major letdown.
75.gif

Really wierd....seems like they could think of something better or atleast have Aladdin and Jasmine on stage.

Cosmic Commando

What I'm curious about is why the Eiffel Tower, a structure not built until 1889, shows up in the tale of Alladin that takes place in 12th century Arabia?

Aside from that weird time-warp issue as the carpet flies past structures not to be built for many centuries, it's nice to see the carpet back. :cool:
Well, you see, as the carpet approaches the speed of light, Aladdin and Jasmine begin to experience time at a slower rate than us in the audience as outside observers. So, what seemed like minutes on the carpet for them would actually be centuries for the outside world. All you need is a lightspeed carpet and/or a black hole to orbit. Simple. The physics aren't as friendly for travelling back in time, though, so I don't know how they got back to their time after the song is over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom