Day Trip to somewhere other than Paris?

Rich T

French version of Magic Mountain. ;)
Parc Asterix is much more charming and fun than Magic Mountain. If you happen to be a fan of the comic (I sure am), you'll love the details. It's not Disneyland, but it's 1000% more themed than Magic Mountain. A couple of world-class coasters among the mix, too. :)
(EDIT) ...but stay off Goudurix.

sophie_the_pooh

I could spend a month in Paris and not have enough time to see everything I want to! Tour Eiffel, Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysées, a boat tour on the Seine, walking along the Seine to shop with the "bouquinistes", musée du Louvre, musée d'Orsay, musée Rodin, musée Jacquemart-Andre, Sacré-Coeur, Arènes de Lutece, Opéra Garnier, just walking around the different areas, etc. Get a good guide book and pick your favorite choices! Personnally, if I had 2 days in Paris, I would go back go the Tour Eiffel, then take a boat tour on the Seine, visit either Musee d'Orsay or Musée Rodin, and just walk around the city the rest of the time (ok I would stop for a glass of wine and people watching...!). Enjoy!🙂

D4vids0n1987

Paris can keep you busy for 4-5 days easily, but if you want something else though, Versailles is less than one hour from Paris, and it's beautiful. I've been there twice, and I still have a lot more to see. I love France in general because it's a beautiful country with a beautiful culture, and France is safe for travel (https://www.africanjacana.com/france/). I can also recommend, Avignon, Nimes, Nice, and Cannes, but you need more time, so maybe let this for another trip. So many people just go to Paris without thinking about other places, but the countryside is also very beautiful.

Last edited:

Robbiem

If you’ve been to Versailles try a visit to Fontainbleau, it’s a nice alternative.
Another great Paris region day trip is Monet’s house and garden in Giverney it was one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen. If you like Monet also check out the musee orangerie in Paris, the wrap around water lilly paintings are amazing.
if you were being adventurous you could also have a day trip to London, although this would be a bit of a long day it’s perfectly doable with a little planning

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom