Davy Jones & Blackbeard Waterfall Effect Removed from WDW's Pirates

Imagineer999

Original Poster
For the past few months, I have noticed that the Davy Jones and Blackbeard misty waterfall effect has been missing from WDW's Pirates of the Caribbean. Their dialogue, however, was left on for a while. Well two weeks ago I noticed that the waterfall effect AND dialogue have been removed. Now all you hear as you ride through the first half of the cave is "Dead men tell no tales," waterfalls, and the calm grotto music. Rumors say the removal is permanent, but I have not heard anyone associated with Disney confirm this. It's possible though because Disneyland permanently removed the effect last year, and the effect did not age well. In recent years the projections of Davy Jones and Blackbeard have looked really blurry and unaligned with the mist. I also think there were other complications with it.

I am hoping the original Yo Ho music will be restored to the cave. I really miss it.

Bocabear

For the past few months, I have noticed that the Davy Jones and Blackbeard misty waterfall effect has been missing from WDW's Pirates of the Caribbean. Their dialogue, however, was left on for a while. Well two weeks ago I noticed that the waterfall effect AND dialogue have been removed. Now all you hear as you ride through the first half of the cave is "Dead men tell no tales," waterfalls, and the calm grotto music. Rumors say the removal is permanent, but I have not heard anyone associated with Disney confirm this. It's possible though because Disneyland permanently removed the effect last year, and the effect did not age well. In recent years the projections of Davy Jones and Blackbeard have looked really blurry and unaligned with the mist. I also think there were other complications with it.

I am hoping the original Yo Ho music will be restored to the cave. I really miss it.
I only ever remember Dead Men Tell No Tales and calm grotto music in the caves...until the Mermaid and mist screen...Glad to hear it has returned to it's original state.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom