David's or DVC Rental Store?

DocAlan02

Original Poster
Hi all - sorry if this has been discussed before. We are looking at a trip from 7/1 - 7/9 and would like to rent at the Beach Club Villas. Is there a consensus, as far as which one of these rental sites is better? I like that DVCRS doesn't require full payment until 45 days out. I am wondering if anyone has insight into any other factors here, as far as which one of these sites is better to use.

Thanks in advance!

nickys

Premium Member
Hi all - sorry if this has been discussed before. We are looking at a trip from 7/1 - 7/9 and would like to rent at the Beach Club Villas. Is there a consensus, as far as which one of these rental sites is better? I like that DVCRS doesn't require full payment until 45 days out. I am wondering if anyone has insight into any other factors here, as far as which one of these sites is better to use.

Thanks in advance!

You are already within the 7 month window. So any points are good to book it with, but availability will be diminishing from now on.

David’s is based in Canada, does that impact you in terms of exchange rate on a CC?
What about cancellation insurance? Does one include it as automatic?

I haven’t rented points, although I may be about to contact David’s to rent some out. I chose them because they seem to offer me slightly better terms as an owner, and they are a site sponsor of another forum I am a member of.

Availability of the villa will be the same for both, and as you are within the 7 month window any owner can book. Therefore go with the one you feeel more comfortable with, but don’t delay too long in making a decision. You don’t want to miss out!

JaxFLBear

You are already within the 7 month window. So any points are good to book it with, but availability will be diminishing from now on.
As of today (12/5/2018), none of the room categories at BCV have availability for all nights of the OP's desired dates.

DocAlan02

Original Poster
As of today (12/5/2018), none of the room categories at BCV have availability for all nights of the OP's desired dates.

Oh no! I am somewhat flexible with my dates. Do you know which are the problem dates in that range? This is for a studio.

JaxFLBear

Oh no! I am somewhat flexible with my dates. Do you know which are the problem dates in that range? This is for a studio.
Right now, the 1st through the 5th are booked up. Tomorrow the 6th will likely fill up, followed the next day by the 7th, etc.

As @nickys noted, it's right at the opening of the 7 month booking window for members that own points at other DVC resorts that want to switch over to BCV so availability is going to be very sparse.

nickys

Premium Member

Just had a look. It’s the 1st to the 5th which are booked out. In other words, the studios are filling up with people trying to book at the 7 month mark. People will have been online today booking for the 5th of July, and they will be on tomorrow booking for the 6th and so on.

Edit: I see @JaxFLBear has beat me to it!

DocAlan02

Original Poster
Hmm. So maybe I won't be able to do this, I guess? I appear to have gone about this the wrong way. If I book the 6th-14th today, do I pay more because it is beyond 7 months?

nickys

Premium Member
Hmm. So maybe I won't be able to do this, I guess? I appear to have gone about this the wrong way. If I book the 6th-14th today, do I pay more because it is beyond 7 months?

I know David’s charge more for 7-11 month booking. I assume the others do too.

aliceismad

I've read that BCV is one of the most desirable DVC resorts, studios are in short supply, and it is especially popular in the summer due to Stormalong Bay's popularity.

FWIW, I've used David's twice and they have been nothing but wonderful.

nickys

Premium Member
Do you still see availability from 7/6-7/14?

I can’t see if those dates are actually available to book because I don’t own there.

If you contact one of the agencies they will tell you if there is availability or not. Or someone who owns at BCV.

Minthorne

As a DVC member, I have found 7 Months at Beach Club for a studio in the summer hard to book. Home resort owners usually book them before the 7 month mark.

Plowboy

Have never used David's; however, we have used DVC Rental Store 3 times and have nothing but good things to say about them and our agent Lauren in particular. Wonderful communication, great follow-up, timely suggestions, etc. I would not hesitate for a second to use them.

correcaminos

I can’t see if those dates are actually available to book because I don’t own there.

If you contact one of the agencies they will tell you if there is availability or not. Or someone who owns at BCV.
You do not have to own there to check availability. You just cannot book.

As of today July 6th & 9th are booked, but the rest are open. I'm sure the 6th booked up today.

As a whole, summer is not s super busy DVC time. Still for BCV studios are harder to come by right at the 7 month mark. Though the 1 bedrooms are still open. BWV Boardwalk view studios are still open too as are Garden/pool views.

DocAlan02

Original Poster

As of today July 6th & 9th are booked, but the rest are open. I'm sure the 6th booked up today.

As a whole, summer is not s super busy DVC time. Still for BCV studios are harder to come by right at the 7 month mark. Though the 1 bedrooms are still open. BWV Boardwalk view studios are still open too as are Garden/pool views.

Thanks! A one-bedroom would break our budget for this trip, unfortunately.
I hadn't really considered BWV. Looks like the cost of a boardwalk or Garden/Pool view is similar (slightly less) than the BCV rooms. When you say those are open, is that for the 7/6-7/14 dates? Or also for the 7/1-7/9 dates? If it's not cool to ask this, please let me know.

nickys

Premium Member

Oops! ;)

That’s what I thought..... but the new RAT / booking tool gives me a headache! It highlighted the days I selected but it wasn’t then clear to me which of them were available - because they weren’t in either colour!

correcaminos

Thanks! A one-bedroom would break our budget for this trip, unfortunately.
I hadn't really considered BWV. Looks like the cost of a boardwalk or Garden/Pool view is similar (slightly less) than the BCV rooms. When you say those are open, is that for the 7/6-7/14 dates? Or also for the 7/1-7/9 dates? If it's not cool to ask this, please let me know.
At this point from the 1-14th I'll just tell you what dates are gone.

BWV Garden/Pool - 1st & 4th is booked (not shocked being 4th of July) all other dates are open
BWV Boardwalk - 1st & 2nd and 4th-6th are booked at this point. The 6th was open this morning but not surprisingly it's gone.

BCV - 1-5th booked. 9th booked.

Unfortunately the longer you wait to book, the more things book up.

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier.
Oops! ;)

That’s what I thought..... but the new RAT / booking tool gives me a headache! It highlighted the days I selected but it wasn’t then clear to me which of them were available - because they weren’t in either colour!
LOL - very strange. Bat RAT ;)

DocAlan02

Original Poster
At this point from the 1-14th I'll just tell you what dates are gone.

BWV Garden/Pool - 1st & 4th is booked (not shocked being 4th of July) all other dates are open
BWV Boardwalk - 1st & 2nd and 4th-6th are booked at this point. The 6th was open this morning but not surprisingly it's gone.

BCV - 1-5th booked. 9th booked.

Unfortunately the longer you wait to book, the more things book up.

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier.

LOL - very strange. Bat RAT ;)

Thank you so much! I will talk to my wife tonight and make a decision.

DocAlan02

Original Poster
One more question, if I may. Am I correct that you don't pay extra for additional guests in these rooms? The studios sleep up to 5, they say. I am unsure at this point if we will be 3, 4, or 5. Does it matter?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom