Daves' DVC Rentals - What's the catch?

Glen B

I've seen numerous posts about Dave's DVC rentals and their prices. I finally went to their website to compare prices and was astonished at the major price discount vs. booking through Disney. My first thought was, "Is this too good to be true?" Besides the no refund policy, what other factors are out there to not jump on these deals?
If anyone has used them, I would like to hear your experiences both favorably and unfavorably. We are planning a mid October trip, if that matters.

Club Cooloholic

I am going by what they have on their site. It does say a 44 point minimum for reservations. Also, the same room I booked would have cost me $497 on Dave's, which is the same price Disney has the room on their site ($422+tax=$497) using the room discount. I rather go with Disney then and be able cancel if needed. To be honest, I didn't even consider Dave's for this one night stay because of the cost per point is too high. I have never paid more than $15 per point.
If ever in a renting mood again let me know!

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

WOW, if people are willing to spend up to $14/point, I might start selling my points. The Poly is my home resort.

I don't want to pay that much, but based on how much some pay on Dave's and other sites, $14 per point is not that bad. I would gladly pay less if someone is willing to sell them to me cheaper.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom