DATELINE: Walt Disney World and The Attractions that never happened

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Stumbled on this little interesting video from the classic and better era of The Disney Channel when they would keep you up to date about all the new things coming to the Resorts....Well, this is a goldmine of attractions that never came...This was during 1991 as they mention about the Swolfin and Port Orleans during the time when Riverside was Dixie Landings..But wait til you hear of all the stuff that was coming......That Never Did......Enjoy!

catmandoo

Aww, that made me a little sad. I remember staying at Dixie Landings when I was much younger, must've been shortly after it was open... probably 1992ish (I was 13 or so) on our first and last family trip. That was probably the same trip where they had the Dick Tracy musical show... (Calling Dick Tracy! He'll know just what to do! Calling Dick Tracy! You do the crime and he'll come after you!) I don't know if it's sad or impressive that I can remember that. I wonder if it's on Youtube. (I realise they're going to censor Mr. Tracy's first name there...)
Anyway, at least we got MuppetVision 3D out of all of those.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Man, if only we actually got all that... DHS would be great. Were these ever actually announced?

The concept art that was shown is swimming around the interwebs..Including concept art of the Muppet Studios area and Great Muppet Movie Ride...
Muppet%2BCtyd.jpg

Muppets.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Aww, that made me a little sad. I remember staying at Dixie Landings when I was much younger, must've been shortly after it was open... probably 1992ish (I was 13 or so) on our first and last family trip. That was probably the same trip where they had the **** Tracy musical show... (Calling **** Tracy! He'll know just what to do! Calling **** Tracy! You do the crime and he'll come after you!) I don't know if it's sad or impressive that I can remember that. I wonder if it's on Youtube. (I realise they're going to censor Mr. Tracy's first name there...)
Anyway, at least we got MuppetVision 3D out of all of those.

Yep..Here it is...

216bruce

In the model shown for The Boardwalk during the video, there's what appears to be either an old school coaster ala' CA's in Anaheim or an extensive facade of one as an 'atmospheric' piece. Any light to be shed on if a real coaster was ever considered as part of Boardwalk?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In the model shown for The Boardwalk during the video, there's what appears to be either an old school coaster ala' CA's in Anaheim or an extensive facade of one as an 'atmospheric' piece. Any light to be shed on if a real coaster was ever considered as part of Boardwalk?
IIRC it was a facade.

Brad Bishop

It's sad in that nothing really happened with the parks and also what the Disney Channel turned out to be (ABC reruns).

The Disney Channel was pretty cool during the 1990s with shows like, "Behind the Magic," hosted by Lavar Burton and, "Vault Disney."

Now it's complete junk.

Also notice in one of the drawings that there was a huge pole in the middle of the lake for the Epcot Resorts with lights streaming off in every direction. That would have been interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom