DAS pass entrance

Songbird76

I am planning our next trip and based on our last one, I'm wondering if the DAS pass might be a good idea. We didn't have a diagnosis on our last trip, but now we know my son has Autism. He's not real patient, but the real problem is the theming of some of the queues. He could probably handle most of the queues if it wasn't for the scary/overstimulation of the theming. On our last trip, he freaked out in the preshow part for Tower of Terror so much that, when we went to MK and tried to ride Haunted Mansion, he freaked out before even getting into the line. He absolutely refused to get into the line until we had double checked that there was a rider swap. The problem was that the rider swap turned out to be INSIDE, not outside, and after standing in line for 25 minutes, he ended up screaming bloody murder because he didn't want to set foot in the ride, including the stretching room. A lot of the rides have similar creepy theming before you actually make it to the ride. What I need is specifically to avoid those parts of the queues, so I need to know, does using the DAS pass bypass those areas? Does it take you to a separate waiting area until it's your turn to ride, or would he still have to go through pre-show areas? He'll be 11 on our next trip and I'm HOPING he'll actually do some of the rides like pirates of the caribbean and Haunted Mansion, but it doesn't look good for that right now, and if he WON'T, I don't want to have to stand in line for however long only to have to exit back through the waiting line and then get in line again myself and wait that whole time again. So where do you enter if you have DAS? Would this be a good solution for him?

RememberWhen

When you get your DAS talk to the CM and see which rides can accommodate you. I would bet that if you talk to the CM, you could probably go in the back of Haunted Mansion and skip the stretching room. I think for pirates you would have to go through the line, but there may be other rides that could work the way you want.

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

Sorry to hear of your DS diagnosis, just know that Disney is really lovely and accommodating when it comes to disabilities. My first born is special needs, has been since he was a toddler (he's 25 now) and we have been going to DW for years. Not sure which park you'll be in first (that's where you'll go to guest services to get the DAS), but we always do AK since the the area for DAS is so quiet and out of the way now, and rarely crowded. We don't feel rushed, can take time to ask questions, and don't feel like loads of people can overhear the conversation. Also, if the CM at guest services isn't sure of an answer, many times I've just asked the operators at the attractions if they can help me. Since they work at it and know the attraction better, many times they are the ones to find a solution - and you can talk to them before entering the line so you don't waste that time. Good luck, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom