Dark PerGron’s Manor of Mysteries [Teaser Thread]

PerGron

Original Poster
As you punch in the code, the door swings open, letting you in. You rush to your table scarfing down the food as quickly as possible, fully expecting it to now be cold, but somehow you haven’t learned by now, despite how long you felt you were solving the puzzle, little to no time has elapsed and your food is still as warm as it was when it was dropped off. Still, you eat quickly and decide that you’ve had enough of today and you head to bed.

Upon awakening, you don’t notice anything immediately out of the ordinary. You peek your head out your bedroom window and notice the strange tropical garden is completely gone. You go downstairs and find your doorknob exactly where it was before and despite all your looking, you cannot find any of the ornate boxes that you had with you yesterday. You soon begin to wonder if it all wasn’t a super vivid lucid dream, but the trash from last night’s dinner confirms your suspicion that you wouldn’t be so lucky. Still, this morning, everything seems normal.

It’s a weekend, so you don’t need to head to work, so you decide to decompress with a hot shower before heading out and doing whatever your plans for the day entailed. You enjoy your shower, letting the hot water wash your stress from the previous day away and putting you into a better mood. Perhaps today is just a normal day, maybe, just maybe, the weekends remain sacred.

Yet as you pull back the shower curtain, peering at the steam-coated mirror, your heart sinks for written in the steam is a message: “Take” with a note taped to the mirror, the tape wet and barely adhering to the glass. The note is wrapped up with a pink piece of string and out of obligation, you reach out and unfurl it. As you do so, the ink begins to run due to how wet the parchment had gotten through the steam. However, the letters are still legible and the note reveals the next puzzle.

On this day, a new puzzle is here, to send you joy or send you fear. If you can complete it, then do so now, the way to solve you should know how. I hope your location knowledge will show its face, because the answer to each question is a different place.”

Complete the Puzzle

Chaos Cat

I managed to get everything except 29. My best guess for that one is Mount Sunda, but I can't get that to fit the space.

Edit: Nevermind got it
crossword.png

PerGron

Original Poster
You finish the puzzle and leave the bathroom to get ready for your day. In doing so, you kept checking to make sure your socks didn’t contain any parchment or that your left pant leg hasn’t disappeared. No shenanigans seem to be occurring so, cautiously, you leave your room and make your way out the door to your car. You examine it to check for any changes and nothing seems to be wrong, so you sit down in the driver’s seat, clicking the seatbelt in.

As you examine your surroundings, everything continues normally, so you plunge your keys into the ignition and prepare for the inevitable, but surprisingly, the vehicle starts with no issue. You drive around, completing all the errands you have to do, unharassed by the forces at play.

As you approach your door, the doorknob remains as is and you cautiously open it, yet inside, there is nothing out of the usual. You approach the kitchen table where you see a single piece of parchment not wrapped as usual, just sitting out, with black ink painting it. You sit down, pulling the parchment closer to you and take a look.

It reads “This past week you’ve overcome the odds, with challenging puzzles and many parchment wads. Yet for the challenge we have next, I hope that it won’t leave you vexed. For today ‘tis not that tough, just go looking through your stuff. Take a picture and show it well and this challenge will be quelled. Now go and seek within your house, and present something from The Mouse.”

This challenge is the easiest one, yet! Simply post your picture of your object in a spoiler below!

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
You finish the puzzle and leave the bathroom to get ready for your day. In doing so, you kept checking to make sure your socks didn’t contain any parchment or that your left pant leg hasn’t disappeared. No shenanigans seem to be occurring so, cautiously, you leave your room and make your way out the door to your car. You examine it to check for any changes and nothing seems to be wrong, so you sit down in the driver’s seat, clicking the seatbelt in.

As you examine your surroundings, everything continues normally, so you plunge your keys into the ignition and prepare for the inevitable, but surprisingly, the vehicle starts with no issue. You drive around, completing all the errands you have to do, unharassed by the forces at play.

As you approach your door, the doorknob remains as is and you cautiously open it, yet inside, there is nothing out of the usual. You approach the kitchen table where you see a single piece of parchment not wrapped as usual, just sitting out, with black ink painting it. You sit down, pulling the parchment closer to you and take a look.

It reads “This past week you’ve overcome the odds, with challenging puzzles and many parchment wads. Yet for the challenge we have next, I hope that it won’t leave you vexed. For today ‘tis not that tough, just go looking through your stuff. Take a picture and show it well and this challenge will be quelled. Now go and seek within your house, and present something from The Mouse.”

This challenge is the easiest one, yet! Simply post your picture of your object in a spoiler below!
My most recent acquisition from The Mouse:

IMG_4537.JPG

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Another task to complete at home and take a picture with your phone. Today we seek out unique things, but we’re not thinking jewels and rings. Instead find things like plants and hives, for we want pictures of things alive.
Meet our resident Monstera adansonii (Swiss Cheese Plant), happily raised by my brother whilst being confined to his apartment during the pandemic (and now living at home):
A7ABCDE4-49FE-4B74-BA6C-2334E81CE3B6.jpeg

PerGron

Original Poster
Announcement

Greetings puzzle solvers, while the puzzles may have fizzled out due to personal life getting in the way, I promised an announcement on March 30th so I shall deliver it.

Some things behind the scenes have changed and we’ve had to make tweaks to our timeline, but I’m officially announcing it here.

Dark PerGron’s Manor of Mysteries begins this fall!

Now I know so many of you have been curious as to what I was doing here, so I’ll tease some information.

Manor of Mysteries will be a highly immersive storytelling experience you are all invited to participate in. What does that mean though? It’s a new comp!

This competition will see players engaging in a variety of unique armchair imagineering prompts as they attempt to solve the mysteries that lie within the manor. This game will feature an original storyline written by myself incorporating events within the game to create an immersive experience that I hope everyone will adore.

More info will come this summer as we unravel the secrets behind the scenes, but one last reveal: I’m happy to announce that my good friends and fellow More Pooh Talk cast members @JokersWild and @mickeyfan5534 will be returning to help host this game.

With that, I look forward to welcoming you all into my Manor of Mysteries this fall!

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Manor of Mysteries will be a highly immersive storytelling experience you are all invited to participate in. What does that mean though? It’s a new comp!
Should we expect you, @JokersWild, and @mickeyfan5534 to suddenly appear at our doorsteps with baseball bats, whack us on the head with them, and drag us to a nearby getaway car bound for a godforsaken Victorian home in the middle of nowhere to compete?

PerGron

Original Poster
Should we expect you, @JokersWild, and @mickeyfan5534 to suddenly appear at our doorsteps with baseball bats, whack us on the head with them, and drag us to a nearby getaway car bound for a godforsaken Victorian home in the middle of nowhere to compete?
That’s why it’s not until the fall. We gotta find all of you and get you, takes time

spacemt354

Chili's
Announcement

Greetings puzzle solvers, while the puzzles may have fizzled out due to personal life getting in the way, I promised an announcement on March 30th so I shall deliver it.

Some things behind the scenes have changed and we’ve had to make tweaks to our timeline, but I’m officially announcing it here.

Dark PerGron’s Manor of Mysteries begins this fall!

Now I know so many of you have been curious as to what I was doing here, so I’ll tease some information.

This competition will see players engaging in a variety of unique armchair imagineering prompts as they attempt to solve the mysteries that lie within the manor. This game will feature an original storyline written by myself incorporating events within the game to create an immersive experience that I hope everyone will adore.

More info will come this summer as we unravel the secrets behind the scenes, but one last reveal: I’m happy to announce that my good friends and fellow More Pooh Talk cast members @JokersWild and @mickeyfan5534 will be returning to help host this game.

With that, I look forward to welcoming you all into my Manor of Mysteries this fall!
We have 999 happy rock walls here, but there's room for a thousand.

Sneak peak at @goofyyukyuk 's bedroom?
rjc__20170130_homewall_3762.jpg

All kidding aside, this sounds really fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom