Dark Dr. Seuss

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
From the Orlando Sentinel

Dark Dr. Seuss

ORLANDO (Orlando Sentinel) -- Can Dr. Seuss be horrifying? No, not the threat in The Cat in the Hat of mom discovering the wreckage wrought by Thing One and Thing Two. We're talking chillier than that. Well, Univer-sal Orlando went public last week with rumored plans to relocate Halloween Horror Nights to its Islands of Ad-venture theme park from the adjacent Universal Studios. The move will cast Dr. Seuss in a new and darker light. Universal's press release on the move says the Islands' little kid-oriented Seuss Landing attraction and the comic environment of Toon Lagoon will become "twisted pathways to unexpected places" and "the stage for fiendish confrontations with childhood nightmares brought to life." Of course, Halloween Horror Nights isn't recommended for small children and Universal's description of this year's new venue makes it clear that isn't about to change: "... things that are known and loved by day within each of the islands will become distorted, twisted, nightmarish versions of themselves at night."

Nova16

If Seuss Landing is gonna be like that, one can only imagine what they're planning for the overgrown paths of Jurassic Park, eh? Can we say terrifying?

WDWFREAK53

I wish I could make it down for one of those...
I was there for it last year but my girlfriend didn't want to go...(she HATES halloween)...kinda bummed me out but oh well...I digress...see what I sacrifice for the girl ;)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
It should.. it generally runs the very end of sept-first day or 2 of november

Sketch105

I can only imagine the evil versions of Toon Lagoon and Seuss Landing.

How bout Boris, Natasha, Bluto, and Snidely Whiplash taking over Toon Lagoon???

Speaking of Seuss Landing:

Don't you think Giesel's widow (yes, I spelled it wrong) would object to this representation of Seuss Landing?

Unless they made it tasteful and had simply villians like the EVIL Grinch persona (not the happy Grinchmass one seen in the commercials every December)

(of course HHN shouldn't be about "good taste" :drevil: )

pheneix

>>>Don't you think Giesel's widow (yes, I spelled it wrong) would object to this representation of Seuss Landing?<<<

I read somewhere online (don't know if it is 100% true myself, but it might) that they have her permission to basically do whatever they want with Seuss Landing for HHN, *providing* that is doesn't involve changing the family friendly nature of SL during the day. If this is true, then I definitely see them doing something twisted with Dr. Seuss. This years HHN will not be the toned down "Polliticly Correct Version" they threw at us last year.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by pheneix
>>>Don't you think Giesel's widow (yes, I spelled it wrong) would object to this representation of Seuss Landing?<<<

I read somewhere online (don't know if it is 100% true myself, but it might) that they have her permission to basically do whatever they want with Seuss Landing for HHN, *providing* that is doesn't involve changing the family friendly nature of SL during the day. If this is true, then I definitely see them doing something twisted with Dr. Seuss. This years HHN will not be the toned down "Polliticly Correct Version" they threw at us last year.

I wish I could get down for that!!! SOMEONE TAKE PICS PLEASE!!!

HMGhost13

know what would be perfect for halloween horror nights at IOA? if they actually built the JP car ride, soing that at night. now that would be scary!

Sketch105

I agree. I would love to have a JP car ride. I personally would love another ride that has encounters with animatronic dinosaurs. To meet up with the Spinosaur or more time with the T-Rex and raptors, or whatnot.

By the way, look at this concept art. Is it me, or does anyone see a large gray building behind the Discovery Center that is not there right now??

Attachments

• island001.jpg
    island001.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 82

pheneix

Yep, that is a large grey building. I don't really know if that is the Jeep Adventure though, because everything I know about it says that it is strictly a rumor.

Also of note is the large purple coaster in the Lost Continent instead of two red and blue coasters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom