DAK Club33 (former Lion King dark ride thread)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The permit shown in the article is from Buena Vista Construction, Disney's internal construction company. I don't think I have ever seen a permit filed by BVCC for the early stages of a large project. Disney has big contractors that handle this sort of stuff. I have also not seen any permits referencing Project L.

lazyboy97o

The reason why Zootopia is inappropriate for Disney’s Animal Kingdom also applies rather well to The Lion King. That the film is very similar to Hamlet is not some shocking claim, and I think it would be hard to find any serious examination of the play that identifies the power and importance of nature as a theme. Yes, the film does add the Circle of Life concept, but it does not really have much purpose other than giving Simba a claim to the thrown that is not entirely based on primogeniture.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The reason why Zootopia is inappropriate for Disney’s Animal Kingdom also applies rather well to The Lion King. That the film is very similar to Hamlet is not some shocking claim, and I think it would be hard to find any serious examination of the play that identifies the power and importance of nature as a theme. Yes, the film does add the Circle of Life concept, but it does not really have much purpose other than giving Simba a claim to the thrown that is not entirely based on primogeniture.

Yeah, but The Lion King gets grandfathered in since it's already been in DAK for a long time (since opening?). In other words, there won't be anyone complaining about adding another Lion King attraction.

jaxonp

It's funny because much like Poppins in the UK this is a NO BRAINIER we shouldn't even have to theorize about a lion king ride coming should of came years ago. That being said if a project like this was to come to AK I feel like this would finally put AK on closer to a level of the other parks. I personally love AK but alot of my family/friends treat it like the black sheep of Disney World. This combined with Pandora and the looming Zootopia could make AK amazing. It being based on the live action movie though...that is odd. I feel like if it was resurrected surely we would of heard from some other insiders going crazy about these permit filings? Literally no one talks about it which seems weird Diz Twitter/News loves to jump at everything.

Correction. AK is the best park in Orlando thematically with the best one two punch in FOP and EE. The black sheep no more.

DisneyDodo

Correction. AK is the best park in Orlando thematically with the best one two punch in FOP and EE. The black sheep no more.
With Kilimanjaro, Everest, Dinosaur, and Flight of Passage and two great stage shows, DAK is definitely finding it own way!
Quality-wise, I don't think very many people will doubt the merits of AK. However, along with DHS and Epcot, AK continues to suffer from insufficient quantity. I think additions like this proposed LK ride are exactly what AK needs most - fun-for-all-ages, not overly cost prohibitive, but not off-the-shelf, rides to complement the state of the art E-tickets they already have.

jaxonp

Quality-wise, I don't think very many people will doubt the merits of AK. However, along with DHS and Epcot, AK continues to suffer from insufficient quantity. I think additions like this proposed LK ride are exactly what AK needs most - fun-for-all-ages, not overly cost prohibitive, but not off-the-shelf, rides to complement the state of the art E-tickets they already have.

Not ever park is or needs to be the magic kingdom. AK does not need MK style dark rides.

RSoxNo1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom