DAK Club33 (former Lion King dark ride thread)

Disney Maddux

The problem is that it doesn’t belong at DAK.
I personally think it does, but I can see why you'd think otherwise.

But say the land is to go into DHS instead, you'd have no problems with it at all and even be on board with it?
Alright... I remember a while back, certain people seemed to have a death wish on Zootopia and anyone who wanted it incorporated into the parks at all.

Surferboy567

There are a couple of furries on the board who are way too into Zootopia in a super creepy way. They're obsessed with the idea of a Zootopia land at DAK.

Forgot about this...good point maybe I should start or revive another Zootopia thread so this can stay Lion King and the other can be all about Zootopia never realized how hotly contested this was. That furry thing is an interesting variable I never considered.

Disney Maddux

Not trying to be rude. Just honest.

And we’ve been through all of this before.
But like I was saying before... If it were to go to DHS, you'd be completely on board with it?

Also, I'd like it to see it at DHS instead as well, since it would fit better there, and could be a lot bigger (the space behind Star Tours).

peter11435

But like I was saying before... If it were to go to DHS, you'd be completely on board with it?

Also, I'd like it to see it at DHS instead as well, since it would fit better there, and could be a lot bigger (the space behind Star Tours).

Yes. That’s what I was refering to us having been through before. The opposition is not about zootopia it’s about it not belonging in DAK.

Tom Morrow

I have to agree with @peter11435. Zootopia doesn't fit at all, the entire film makes jokes at the expense of the animals and DAK is all about respecting the animals and portraying them and the worlds they inhabit realistically. If they ever even suggest it I hope Joe Rohde fights tooth and nail to prevent it because as-is, DAK is, IMO, the most cohesive and immersive theme park in the US.

Regarding the OP, I'm not a fan of having multiple attractions dedicated to the same film in a park (outside of IP-specific lands). They already have FOTL which is better than whatever budget dark ride they could squeeze in, so I hope this doesn't happen either.

999th Happy Haunt

If they still want to use the animated version as the source material, they could frame the ride so the backstory is that we’re stepping into an African legend/fairytale, these characters don’t actually exist in the very real-world Africa depicted on the safari or around the land.

Edit: I’m referring to the Lion King dark ride, not Zootopia

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom