Daily food budget?

charisse scully

Any idea what an *Average Day* of eating will cost per person per day? Nothing fancy but would prefer to eat healthy, mostly quick serve restaurants. Maybe one night table service Just trying to figure out a food budget.

eliza61nyc

Wow, we don't spend near what most of you do. We usually do breakfast in the room. We get food delivered for the week for breakfasts with instacart. So about $5 for the 5 of us for breakfast. Lunch is QS, and $50 on average and dinner is the same.

$105/day for 5 people... 2 Adults, 2 kids and a kid that eats like an adult.

I think many folks, including me plan on the high side but most of the time we may not spend that. Now I rarely eat in the room, lol for me it's vacation and my family really do love a nice breakfast. It probably stems from the fact that in real life we rarely eat in the morning. Also I have big college football playing sons, lol a bowl of cereal isn't going to cut it. lol, this recent trip my 25 year old skinny niece went with us and she went toe to toe in the food department with her cousins.

We don't do QS for dinner either so I think it would be impossible for us to get a 50 dollar dinner for 3 people.

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I keep seeing the $10pp number being thrown out for QSR. That's comically low. I would say, $15pp would be the low end. $10pp....I guess if you share food, or don't get a drink, or a dessert ever. I dunno.

Upvote 0

yaksplat

I keep seeing the $10pp number being thrown out for QSR. That's comically low. I would say, $15pp would be the low end. $10pp....I guess if you share food, or don't get a drink, or a dessert ever. I dunno.

We averaged $15/pp. Rice bowls at pecos bill were tasty and cheap. We also tried to avoid the daily burger. It's too much food.

Upvote 0

thomas998

Any idea what an *Average Day* of eating will cost per person per day? Nothing fancy but would prefer to eat healthy, mostly quick serve restaurants. Maybe one night table service Just trying to figure out a food budget.
Here's a link to a article that lists some options for people wanting to eat healthy... https://www.orbitz.com/blog/2017/07/try-these-15-healthy-disney-world-food-options/ It also shows some prices for the items but bare in mind they are about 1 year out of date so prices may have increased... Also note that some of the items look much better than they taste and the prices are for the entre only and don't include drinks. Frankly if you want healthy reasonable breakfasts get your own food or eat offsite. Breakfasts that are healthy and taste good are difficult to find at Disney.

Upvote 0

Andrew Appleby

I have to say, after reading over this thread I honestly don't know how people dont think the meal plan is worth it?

I'll be honest and say I'm not sure if the cost in the USA but in the UK its £38 for adults and £17 for kids. With current exchange rates that $140ish per day. With 2 QS meals and 2 snacks that's more than enough to feed us all day, and now with alcohol included it makes it even better value!

Upvote 0

yaksplat

We have eaten kid's meals on occasion. $8 for a turkey sandwich, fries and a drink is still plenty of food. Personally, we're there for the parks and the hotel. I don't get enough satisfaction from a $50 meal to warrant it more than once on a trip. We're just happy that it's easy to eat at WDW while dealing with allergies.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I have to say, after reading over this thread I honestly don't know how people dont think the meal plan is worth it?

I'll be honest and say I'm not sure if the cost in the USA but in the UK its £38 for adults and £17 for kids. With current exchange rates that $140ish per day. With 2 QS meals and 2 snacks that's more than enough to feed us all day, and now with alcohol included it makes it even better value!

It is a great value, if the plan matches up with how you want to eat. The cost for QS dining plan would be $150/day for U.S. residents. If the average cost of an adult meal is $15, kids meal is $8, and snacks are $5 apiece, the average out-of-pocket cost for a day's dining with 2 CS meals and 2 snacks per person would be $132 (just $18 less than the CS DDP would cost). Obviously, you can order the most expensive stuff --alcohol or specialty beverages instead of fountain drinks -- and get a lot of use out of your refillable mug, and raise your total well above $132.

But if the family is like mine, where we don't always want fountain beverages/desserts, would rarely want more than 1 snack per day, DH and I sometimes split meals or have a snack _as_ our meal, both kids are over age 9 (so our CS DDP cost would be over $200 per day!!!) but still like to order from the kids' menu on occasion, we end up spending little more than half as much out-of-pocket as we would for the QS DDP.

Obviously, if you can eat everything the plan offers and order expensively, you can save money on it. I'm just pointing out that it's not a money-saver for all families, especially those who don't eat as much as it offers, or whose children are just above the age of 9 -- still eating like kids, but being charged as adults if we get the QS DDP.

Upvote 0

Sabriel

$15 per meal, per child, and $25 per meal, per adult is how I budget it, with buffet or signature dining listed separately.
I find that doing it that way gives you leeway if you spend a little more or a little less on different meals and allows for snacks, but won’t break the budget if you decide you really need to stop at Ghirardelli every day. :joyfull:

Upvote 0

thomas998

It might be a deal if your stuck onsite and have no access to the outside world. But for us, we always have a rental car and will normally only do one meal on site per day... Usually the breakfasts are offsite before we get to the park, with lunch only done in a park if we plan on staying the whole day which is probably only half the time the other half we park hop and just get something on the trip from one park to the other. Paying Disney prices for food that is often just not that good is not something I can stomach doing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom