D23's Fanniversary for Epcot's 35th is SOLD OUT

prberk

Original Poster
Just saw this today, that it was sold out, on the D23 site for the October 1 Epcot "Fanniversary" event for its 35th:

https://d23.com/d23-event/d23s-fanniversary-celebrates-35-years-of-epcot/

I was really hoping to go to that this year, but due to some work constraints, I am not able to plan that far in advance. I knew that the progressive dinner offered that same evening was already sold out, but it was smaller I had assumed, and seemed to sell out early.

Anyhow, there is a waitlist, and I did join. But I really wish they knew what they had in EPCOT, and would do more with this. A TV special would have been in order, but no. Maybe they will stream part of it, like they did the Contemporary thing about CoP several years back.

Here are the details on the event, for those who want to know anyway:

OVERVIEW
D23’s Fanniversary kicks off a month-long celebration with a one-of-a-kind event on the 35th anniversary of the fan-favorite theme park. The event will include a series of presentations celebrating the magic of Epcot over the past 35 years.

DETAILS
Check-in location and timing details to come. Lunch will be provided to all attendees during the event.

Available to Gold and Gold Family Members
You will be required to show a photo ID. Members will be required to show their D23 Membership Card.

Join The Official Disney Fan Club as we celebrate the 35th anniversary of Epcot during D23’s annual Fanniversary celebration throughout the month of October! Inspired by Walt Disney’s vision for an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, EPCOT Center opened on October 1, 1982, as the second theme park at Walt Disney World Resort.

Gold and Gold Family Members have the chance to kick off Fanniversary with a visit to Epcot on October 1 for a D23-exclusive celebration event!

The event will take place at the World Showplace Events Pavilion and includes three presentations that celebrate the magic of this fan-favorite theme park over the past 35 years. The presentations will include rare content and stories from Disney luminaries who played an influential role in the development of Epcot!

All attendees will also have the chance to enjoy a lunchtime look back at Epcot over the years while snacking on a boxed lunch at your table. No event would be complete without a one-of-a-kind gift created exclusively for this celebration.

Learn more about our D23 progressive dinner, celebrating 35 years—which takes place later that evening—here! This separate ticketed event has very limited seating.

NOTE
  • D23 Gold and Gold Family Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest.
  • Due to the nature of this experience, all attendees must be at least 12 years of age or older to partake in this D23 event.
  • This event does not include admission to Epcot. Guests will need to have or purchase admission to Epcot to attend. If planning to use a Walt Disney World Annual Passport to attend, each guest should check blockout dates to verify that the pass is valid for admission on Sunday, October 1, 2017.
  • Admission includes a prix fixe boxed lunch. Food allergy and restrictions must be communicated to our Guest Services team prior to the event.
  • There is a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to provide their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership cards may not be admitted to the event. Ticketed Members who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event.
  • All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice. There are no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place at Walt Disney World Resort during the event you will be attending. By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize The Walt Disney Company, its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Producer”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Producer.
Here are the details about the dinner that night, which has been sold out for a while:

OVERVIEW
On the evening of the 35th anniversary of Epcot, a group of D23 Gold and Gold Family Members have the chance to attend an intimate behind-the-scenes, progressive dinner taking place at a variety of private venues throughout Epcot. The multi-course meal will highlight fan-favorite foods found throughout Future World and World Showcase. In addition, honorary Disney luminaries and members of the D23 family will join the group along the way. At the conclusion of the dinner, guests will enjoy a special, behind-the-scenes experience of an iconic Epcot attraction.

DETAILS
The event begins at 6 p.m. Check-in will begin at 5:45 p.m. Please do not arrive before 5:45 p.m. The event will last approximately 4 ½ hours.

Available to Gold and Gold Family Members
You will be required to show a photo ID. Members will be required to show their D23 Membership Card.

Join The Official Disney Fan Club as we celebrate the 35th anniversary of Epcot during D23’s annual Fanniversary celebration throughout the month of October! Inspired by Walt Disney’s vision for an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, EPCOT Center opened on October 1, 1982, as the second theme park at Walt Disney World Resort.

The Fanniversary kick-off celebration continues on the evening of the 35th anniversary of Epcot with a behind-the-scenes, progressive dinner in a variety of private venues in the theme park. Guests will have the chance to enjoy four courses throughout the evening, the last of which will be a dessert reception along the World Showcase with VIP viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth!

Attendees will progress through dinner within private areas of Epcot including the General Motors Lounge above Test Track and The Living Seas Salon!

Throughout the progressive meal, guests will have the opportunity to spend time with fellow Disney fans, as well as honorary Disney luminaries and special guests.

Before the evening concludes, attendees will enjoy an exclusive, behind-the-scenes experience of an iconic Epcot attraction.

This one-of-a-kind experience wouldn’t be complete without a custom gift, created exclusively for you.​

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Thanks for the info! ....I'm anxiously waiting to book the Christmas Holiday event in December at WDW, but I keep asking them if any new info and when we can book and they said not yet just keep checking. We have paid to go to their holiday events in the past and loved them back in 2012 and 2013. Sadly though I lost some of the personalized gifts given from those 2 in the flood here last August. :( ;)

Figments Friend

How far we have come. 10 years ago Disney was doing literally nothing to mark the 25th Anniversary and a group of fans had to literally shame them into it. A lot changed in the 10 years.

And don't forget that the 25th Event that did happen in the end was FREE ( except for gate entry and the optional Dessert Party happening ).
;)

Five years later, for the 30th, the newly created D23 organization held a pricey 'anniversary event' at the Contemporary.
Hmm..wonder where they got that idea from...

Ten years later, they are at it again...but at least this time it's actually taking place in the Park itself.
For a steep price, mind you.
:greedy:

Thanks for remembering our 25th Event, @HMF
Always nice when someone remembers what we all accomplished back then.
It mattered at the time, and still does to me at least.
That was a true one off, never to be recaptured or repeated.

-

Last edited:

HMF

And don't forget that the 25th Event that did happen in the end was FREE ( except for gate entry and the optional Dessert Party happening ).
;)

Five years later, for the 30th, the newly created D23 organization held a pricey 'anniversary event' at the Contemporary.

Ten years later, they are at it again...but at least this time it's actually taking place in the Park itself.

-
How could I forget it? I wasn't there and that was before I joined wdwmagic but it is something I followed online quite closely. That whole Summer of 2007 starting with the Wand Removal and culminating with that made me think Epcot might get back on track. Then Spaceship Earth 07 happened and things continued to go downhill.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for the info! ....I'm anxiously waiting to book the Christmas Holiday event in December at WDW, but I keep asking them if any new info and when we can book and they said not yet just keep checking. We have paid to go to their holiday events in the past and loved them back in 2012 and 2013. Sadly though I lost some of the personalized gifts given from those 2 in the flood here last August. :( ;)

Christmas Holiday event? Please 'splain? I'll be there around NYE

asianway

;)

-
Dessert parties happen daily for various groups and companies - how is that worth mentioning?

And the D23 30th event was in the park.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Christmas Holiday event? Please 'splain? I'll be there around NYE

No it's not usually for Christmas itself they hold it early - mid December some years but it likely won't be for Christmas week/New Years. It's one or two days and they schedule special things like dinners or desert parties , Candlelight processional sitting, and all kinds of fun stuff. In 2012 it was called Magic and Merriment and was 2 days. In 2013 it was called Holiday Splendor and was 1 day. Tickets usually were around $200 a piece and they had a catered meal usually. One we dined on the Indiana Jones stage and the other one we ate in American Adventure downstairs in the big lobby. Food was always delicious. And all events scheduled were fun like private showing of Osborne Lights for one example. Gifts were always nice too. They have not released the dates this year or price etc yet. ;)

Figments Friend

Dessert parties happen daily for various groups and companies - how is that worth mentioning?

And the D23 30th event was in the park.

The 25th Anniversary Event instigated by the fandom involved more then just a dessert party.
Much more.
I mentioned the dessert party element only because the point I was making was it was a free event, but there was a additional option offered for those attending with a additional cost.
All other planned activities and happenings that took place for the event were free.

Regarding the D23 30th happening, up to now I've only been aware of the event they held at the Contemporary.
Besides a quick 're-dedication' speech in World Showcase, I don't recall anything else really happening on the actual day in the Park.
I was not there for the 30th myself, and just going by what I remember seeing at the time.

-

asianway

The 25th Anniversary Event instigated by the fandom involved more then just a dessert party.
Much more.
I mentioned the dessert party element only because the point I was making was it was a free event, but there was a additional option offered for those attending with a additional cost.
All other planned activities and happenings that took place for the event were free.

Regarding the D23 30th happening, up to now I've only been aware of the event they held at the Contemporary.
Besides a quick 're-dedication' speech in World Showcase, I don't recall anything else really happening on the actual day in the Park.
I was not there for the 30th myself, and just going by what I remember seeing at the time.

-
It wasn't at the Contemporary...a simple google search will verify

HMF

Much more.

-
Basically nothing happened except for some D23 upcharges a small ceremony in the America Gardens , Overpriced Merchandise and a tag to IllumiNations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom