D23 Predictions...

Surferboy567

Original Poster
First off first thread, I lurk a lot and have seen multiple projects being talked about and possibly rumored coming to multiple parks. It may be too early to ask this but do we have any idea what could possibly be announced at this year's D23? Serious predictions not just what we want but we think will happen.

Just spit balling here but I can guess:
-Poppins in the UK
-Imagination and Spaceship Earth Update?
-Zootopia in AK (less likely still has a chance)
-Beast gets switched out, maybe mermaid replacement (HWS)
-Stitch Great Escape Replacement?
-Philharmagic Update
-Update on the Marvel Land coming to California Adventure

Any ideas?

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

First off first thread, I lurk a lot and have seen multiple projects being talked about and possibly rumored coming to multiple parks. It may be too early to ask this but do we have any idea what could possibly be announced at this year's D23? Serious predictions not just what we want but we think will happen.

Just spit balling here but I can guess:
-Poppins in the UK
-Imagination and Spaceship Earth Update?
-Zootopia in AK (less likely still has a chance)
-Beast gets switched out, maybe mermaid replacement (HWS)
-Stitch Great Escape Replacement?
-Philharmagic Update
-Update on the Marvel Land coming to California Adventure

Any ideas?
None of the above?

Surferboy567

Original Poster
@The Mom Another D23 predictions thread, can it be moved to 'General Discussion' since it's conjecture/guesses and nothing actually relevant to the 'News, Rumors, and Current Events' forum?

Since I’m new didn’t realize these kinda threads are so common. If their are so many of them how about we have one thread (doesn’t have to be this one) that is sticked (not sure if that’s what it’s called here) to either this or general. My reasoning for posting it here is that these predictions dip into the rumor territory.

djkidkaz

The only park not doing anything at this time is animal kingdom. I could see something announced for that park to correlate with the 50th. Animal kingdom finally made some good strides in guest traffic with pandora, Disney won’t want to kill that by have Epcot with guardians ratatouille, magic with tron and studios with Mickey and Star Wars. They want people to come and visit all 4 parks, not just 3 and then go to universal instead of dak.

HauntedMansionFLA

The only park not doing anything at this time is animal kingdom. I could see something announced for that park to correlate with the 50th. Animal kingdom finally made some good strides in guest traffic with pandora, Disney won’t want to kill that by have Epcot with guardians ratatouille, magic with tron and studios with Mickey and Star Wars. They want people to come and visit all 4 parks, not just 3 and then go to universal instead of dak.
Will DAK reopen the planet watch under a new theme??

Imagineer777

In my personal opinion, I think it would be really cool if they brought the rumored DCA Doctor Strange show to Hollywood Studios since Doctor Strange is one of the few Marvel SUPERHERO characters they can use at WDW, and by the time they got it done, it could easily open alongside Doctor Strange 2 in theatres for good use of synergy 🤷‍♂️

GlacierGlacier

I think it's going to get something small, either a parade or a ride upgrade announced. Heck, a new show to replace Nemo would be welcome. But not big yet.

It certainly deserves big things. It's going to need work to keep up with the crowd draw the other parks are going to generate over the next few years. But I don't think it's anything big yet.

I'd absolutely love to be wrong, though.

GeneralKnowledge

I suspect they give some info on SSE. If it’s going down around the end of the year for a multi-year refurb I would expect them to give some kind of explanation.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just please don't harangue our insiders with what they think will be announced. They generally don't have ears within Marketing, which in itself often doesn't know what it's doing until the last minute, and that changes often.

Within a week of D23, the insiders start hearing stuff.

GlacierGlacier

Just please don't harangue our insiders with what they think will be announced. They generally don't have ears within Marketing, which in itself often doesn't know what it's doing until the last minute, and that changes often.

Within a week of D23, the insiders start hearing stuff.
Even on top of that, insiders don't know absolutely everything being announced. There was a surprise or two last time, as well as a few things they were expecting that didn't show up, if I'm remembering correctly.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
My prediction of the announcements will be:

The announcement of opening day for SWGE at DL and WDW. While everybody is yelling and screaming and cheering and hollering and texting and calling - They'll (in a very soft tone of voice-almost under their breath) announce - Resort Fees, Price Increases, Parking Fee Increases, a couple of new hard ticket events, and a new Mickey cupcake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom