D23 predictions and odds

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
So...I became a magic member many moons ago because whilst reading about Dizney World on the world wide web I found this place to be the most fun. So, let's have some fun.

Back in HS I had a lot of fun running an NFL gambling ring. This would be circa 86/87 so part of the reason I got caught was that I used this thing called paper to distribute odds for various happenings in the world of American football. One of these papers made its way to the principal. Not a good look. However, punishment for this crime was mitigated by the fact that in lieu of currency we were gambling with these little candy squares called Now&Laters. They were inexplicably popular in my high school (I was part of the Armwood's second graduating class for those of you approaching WDW on eastbound I-4). Anyway, that was fun.

I also think considering what may be coming to the Parks and Resorts and what may be announced for TWDC as a whole at D23 is kind of fun. So, let's combine those two things. Here is the idea. Make a prediction for something that will be announced at D23 and put odds on it. It could be anything. Zootopia is going to be a country in WS, HM refurb, after the Fox acquisition you will be able to get a Disney Visa card with Homer, there will be a new turn of the century midwestern themed resort coming to WDW called Rockwell Land, dammit! I know the secret announcement is a monorail expansion!, etc.

Now, for those of you who aren't degenerates, we're going to do basic betting odds and they work like this - 100:1 means you think something is very unlikely. If you bet 1 dollar, you would bet 101 dollars back (your dollar, plus the 100 for betting on something that is only 1% likely). 1:2 odds means that something is likely. If you bet a dollar, you get your dollar back plus 50 cents if you're correct (in this case you think something is 2/3 likely, no fractions or percentages to mitigate concerns that I am seeing Iron Maiden for the 10th time in life going back to 85 on Saturday). Or bigger number on left, less likely, bigger number on right more likely. I probably should've mentioned that the two examples I posted would be read 100 to 1 or 1 to 2....this is also a perfectly fine way to write the odds if you don't like the old school ratio approach. We're ignoring juice because I don't think Clammy will be coming after anyone with a baseball bat.

So post the prediction, odds, and any reasoning (this is not required) for your prediction. Oh...the other fun thing is that after the expo we can come back here and crow about our predictive success or gently needle others about how wrong they were.

I'll start with two examples in the OP.

Buzz being plussed to even better than DLs and being moved to TSL whilst something more fitting in Tomorrowland takes its place - 5000:1 - makes too much sense and I don't know of any bigwig insider ever bringing this wish of mine up

All the MK refurbs/plussings (HM, CoP, BTMRR, and JC) - 1:4 - seems straightforward with the 50th fast approaching and all the bigwigs seem on board with this.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, I'll be Captain Lame and be two out of three posts in this thread. I will then let it die its slow, inevitable death as it falls into the pit of old threads.

10-1 Wakanda in the World Showcase

I would guess the odds are more like 5-1....I hope it doesn't happen though.

I'll put the updated Imagination ride with lots of Figment at 1-1.

Cmdr_Crimson

Wakanda isn’t even a real country
Same as Arendale..
Yet-Here-We-Are.gif

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
20 - 1 JII will receive a massive refurb. Dreamfinder will once again join Figment in a whole new set of amazing song filled sensory and imaginative scenes. Dreamfinder merchandise will flood EP along with a Dreamfinder celebratory welcome back cupcake.

Would be beyond awesome if this were true. Beyond awesome. I might just take this bet because I'd be pretty happy about it. Out of curiosity, has there been any Dreamfinder mentions by the big wig insiders in News & Rumors? I certainly don't see every post.

gobstoper27

Side note: thank you for explaining odds, I have been trying to understand them for quite sometime.
"bigger number on left, less likely, bigger number on right more likely= THUMBS UP!!!

Nottamus

No anti-gravity thing Disney invented for the space restaurant, to make the whole experience more realistic?

food just floats past your table, and you just reach out to pick what you want...

the delay in opening, I'm sure has something to do with the rest room dilemma...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom