D23 Orlando.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Now Much like how comic con is stationed and stapled over in California but there is a smaller yet similar version in new york why can't d23 happen in Orlando in the same manner as well? The exclusive merch and gear alone is appeal enough for me as well as the panels. Plus that way they could focus on specific updates to disneyworld over at our D23 and maybe the panels could cater more to the disneyworld crowd to make the event exclusive. Besides its not like Orlando doesn't have a great convention center as we just got a new one not to long ago. Now I know this won't happen because D23 is having trouble by itself already so I don't see them investing in two events but still it would be cool wouldn't it.

Californian Elitist

I can't see this happening. Given that it takes Disney two years to prepare for one expo, and the expos cover both the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World fairly equally, it wouldn't make much sense to spend more money just to reveal the same thing.

Sped2424

Original Poster
I can't see this happening. Given that it takes Disney two years to prepare for one expo, and the expos cover both the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World fairly equally, it wouldn't make much sense to spend more money just to reveal the same thing.
But if they both focused more on their own respective parks It would be all the more personal! It just kinda stinks that info revealed about our resort is held all the way in cali :<

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Most of the Imagineering staff and such are located on the West coast, much as Florida fans may not like it, D23 is California-centric. They have done some events in Fla, but by far the majority are in Cali.

I have to travel wherever they hold things I want to see... Canada hasn't hosted anything yet! LOL

Californian Elitist

But if they both focused more on their own respective parks It would be all the more personal! It just kinda stinks that info revealed about our resort is held all the way in cali :<

I know it sucks. If it makes you feel any better, the last expo was pretty whack.

If they focused only on WDW, that would only take a day, at most. The idea is nice, but Disney is cheap and they're not going to fly themselves and others to Florida for an "expo" that's based only on WDW. Not to mention they're greedy. They'll be milking guests of their money for the next three days, just from merchandise alone. Not to mention tickets, parking and Disneyland right across the street. Attendance will most definitely be up tomorrow and this weekend at the parks. Disney will be making bookoo money in the next three days. Imagine what a big difference that would be like with a WDW-only expo. It sucks for our east coast friends, but it's reality, unfortunately.

The good thing is D23 hosts special WDW events for their paying members in Florida, usually at least once a year.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Plus the exclusive merch! If anything they could have a a location here that while D23 is going on in cali sells some of the exclusive merch! That wouldn't be hard to do!

Sped2424

Original Poster
I know it sucks. If it makes you feel any better, the last expo was pretty whack.

If they focused only on WDW, that would only take a day, at most. The idea is nice, but Disney is cheap and they're not going to fly themselves and others to Florida for an "expo" that's based only on WDW. Not to mention they're greedy. They'll be milking guests of their money for the next three days, just from merchandise alone. Not to mention tickets, parking and Disneyland right across the street. Attendance will most definitely be up tomorrow and this weekend at the parks. Disney will be making bookoo money in the next three days. Imagine what a big difference that would be like with a WDW-only expo. It sucks for our east coast friends, but it's reality, unfortunately.

The good thing is D23 hosts special WDW events for their paying members in Florida, usually at least once a year.
True, if only they actually had enough material for both parks that would be worth the convention, I wouldn't even mind the convention only lasting a day, anything I think would be better then nothing but I see your point. They don't wanna hurt the convention they already have and considering how they need both resorts to keep it really alive they won't do it. But I feel if they were to try they could they just need to learn what draws people to con's in the first place. Exclusive merch, panels, etc etc. They really could make this work if they tried sigh.

Californian Elitist

True, if only they actually had enough material for both parks that would be worth the convention, I wouldn't even mind the convention only lasting a day, anything I think would be better then nothing but I see your point. They don't wanna hurt the convention they already have and considering how they need both resorts to keep it really alive they won't do it. But I feel if they were to try they could they just need to learn what draws people to con's in the first place. Exclusive merch, panels, etc etc. They really could make this work if they tried sigh.

I bolded the last part for emphasis. You are exactly right. If they tried harder, imagine all the happy people there would be. This is actually a problem with D23 as a whole. I'm a charter member, and so far I've been very pleased with D23...but I live in SoCal, specifically Los Angeles, where the majority of the really good events are held. I've been to many, many fun and interesting events. While that makes me happy, it's VERY unfortunate for those who live in the other 49 states, not to mention our friends, like @Monty, who live in other countries (and they pay a whole bunch more for shipping!). For the money Disney charges to join this "official club for Disney fans", they need to make it more worth it for people living in other states, besides California, and the international members. This is a problem they seem to have yet to fix, as of right now. They could easily host some screenings each month across the country. That's better than nothing.

tare

Plus the exclusive merch! If anything they could have a a location here that while D23 is going on in cali sells some of the exclusive merch! That wouldn't be hard to do!
Yes that is an excellent idea. They set up spots for other occasions of merchandise.

lazyboy97o

Despite the notion of D23, a good many people in charge of Disney want nothing to do with the foamers and the Walties. Getting them to schlep down to Anaheim every two years is far easier to accomplish than convincing them to hike out to the swamps of Florida. D23 doesn't get to force participation in the D23 Expo and they won't get much of a show in Florida.

Stu29573

I was happy when they started D23, and I was all ready to join until I found out what wonderful benefits I would get. Since I live in Texas, its basically a magazine that I can buy at the local book store. Thanks, but no thanks.

Sped2424

Original Poster
I bolded the last part for emphasis. You are exactly right. If they tried harder, imagine all the happy people there would be. This is actually a problem with D23 as a whole. I'm a charter member, and so far I've been very pleased with D23...but I live in SoCal, specifically Los Angeles, where the majority of the really good events are held. I've been to many, many fun and interesting events. While that makes me happy, it's VERY unfortunate for those who live in the other 49 states, not to mention our friends, like @Monty, who live in other countries (and they pay a whole bunch more for shipping!). For the money Disney charges to join this "official club for Disney fans", they need to make it more worth it for people living in other states, besides California, and the international members. This is a problem they seem to have yet to fix, as of right now. They could easily host some screenings each month across the country. That's better than nothing.
Yes yes yes and yes^ Something at least. Like I said I would be happy with just an exclusive merchandise outlet somewhere at disneyworld! Something to give the fans over here at least!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom