D23 Magazine

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I was told by Rikki from be our guest podcast that you could get it at barnes & noble book store. we don't have one in our town so I don't know that for sure.

Yes, it's available in the periodicals section at Barnes and Noble.

And to answer the OP's question, I have a subscription and didn't receive mine yet, either.

Cmdr_Crimson

I just picked mine up today...It's really cool with rare pictures of the resort. One is of the preview model that is shown in 1969..Makes me wonder where that model is..(Of course I'd also would love to see where the Big Epcot model is as well)

My favorite articles were Gone But Not Forgotton...Some things that bugged me is that they Mention WoL But go on more about Cranium Command and Mr Toads Wild Ride is a small Snippet compared to many of the other attractions..The Other article of the Top 40 facts of WDW was pretty cool.

wedenterprises

The disney store doesn't sell the D23 magazine? what DO they sell? Remember when the Disney Store used to be like going into a park store? There were CDs, books, movies, theme park stuff...

now it's just princess and cars stuff. ugh.

Can't wait to see the new issue, sounds fun!

David S.

I picked it up today at a Barnes and Noble. It's really well done! If it was discussed here that the entire magazine was devoted to WDW in honor of the 40th, I must have missed that thread due to being busy, so it was a nice surprise to find out it was a "Special Issue" about WDW. The cover is really cute, too! :)

Jakester

Original Poster
I guess ill be headin to the nearest barns and noble.
I went a couple days ago to the Barns and Noble in WaterFord (Just down Alafaya from UCF) and looked in the wrong section.
Anyone know the price they are asking ??

David S.

The price is $15.95 (as printed on the magazine) plus tax. I noticed you're in Orlando; if you go to WDW you might be able to find it there as well, as it is often found at the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney, the Main Street Cinema shop at the MK, the Animation shop at the Studios, the first store on the right after you cross the bridge into Discovery Island at AK, and I think the Disney art shop at Epcot in the Innoventions building to your right as you first walk into the park. Basically the shop in each park that sells Disney art collectibles.

Scuttle

Just bought the 23 magazine and all I can say is that it was well worth 16 dollars. If your a fan of WDW you seriously have to have this magazine. The extinct attractions part is great. Also a lot of pictures I've never seen before. There is an aerial shot of river country and it's phenomenal.

jjharvpro

Still waiting to receive mine in the mail! But I know it's gonna be a great issue from what I've heard.

Expo in less than 2 weeks!!!

Scuttle

Wow I am hooked on this issue. There's an article about Roy Disney and his brilliance and how he opened WDW. I knew a lot about the opening and how Roy postponed retirement and all, but this article blew my mind. It is his grandsons story of what he remembers about opening day and the years prior. I didn't know he opened WDW debt free. Pretty impressive what he did. Anyway I'm sure you'll will enjoy it. The pictures are just incredible. :kiss:

MKCP 1985

It seems that in the 3 years of this program, the delivery has never been uniform to all members, and people are buying the magazine in stores before members are receiving them in the mail.

So, of course I contacted guest relations at the Disney Store today via e-mail. Now, props to them for responding so quickly, on a Saturday even, but their own information seems to be mistaken. The text of the message back to me says:

"[W]e released the 2011 D23 Fall Magazine to be shipped to our D23 Gold Members on August 2, 2011. The D23 Magazine will not be available in stores until August 8, 2011."

:shrug:

I guess I will have to stay off of this thread so that the content will be a surprise to me when the magazine finally comes.

MKCP 1985

You'll find there's no shortage of mis-information on the official Disney website(s), and telephone lines. :shrug:

But yeah. :lol:

MissMorrow

I guess ill be headin to the nearest barns and noble.
I went a couple days ago to the Barns and Noble in WaterFord (Just down Alafaya from UCF) and looked in the wrong section.
Anyone know the price they are asking ??

I was never able to find anything in that Barnes and Noble when I lived up there. I liked the one on Colonial much better. Try that one if you can't find it at Waterford, it's much bigger.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Got mine on Friday in the mail.

GREAT issue. Required reading for any WDW fans. I think this might be my favorite issue of the magazine thus far. Very informative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom