News D23 Expo 2019

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Highlights for me:
A bit of detail on poppins. There will be a cherry tree lane and some type of ride TBD
Ideas for lighthouse point
New ship name and a piece of concept art
The new Epcot song

Biggest disappointments:
Was hoping for something on Brazil
Also. Nothing on figment or imagination

Everything else was ehh.

Ponderer

This was one of the worst presentations I've ever seen. It is inconceivable to me that an entertainment company cannot come up with something better than this.

I've sat through many, many E3 and CES presentations. This is much closer to the norm than something like Apple's polished presentations. They're almost always nightmares, especially including entertainment companies.

(If you've never seen Tom Hanks' 2009 Sony presentation at CES that totally melts down...my friends, you're in for a treat.)

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I've sat through many, many E3 and CES presentations. This is much closer to the norm than something like Apple's polished presentations. They're almost always nightmares, especially including entertainment companies.

(If you've never seen Tom Hanks' 2009 Sony presentation at CES that totally melts down...my friends, you're in for a treat.)

Indy_UK

I enjoyed the show.

I was expecting more talk for the 50th but I guess that will be kept for Destination D next year.

At the end of the day, they had already a lot of these projects a while ago and there not near being finished. Their plan is obviously to finish a bulk of the projects and get Epcot underway before Iger and probabaly Chapek leave the company.

Any big expansions are going to be for next D23.

Epcot expansion looks amazing and is exactly what the parks need. A Poppins ride is overdue and glad it's not just a merry go round.

Mega excited about Lighthouse point and the new ships, but was expecting more info.

bubbles1812

I see the culture of youtube/facebook comments has found it's way to WDWMagic.... everything is either the best thing ever... or complete garbage.
I’ll be your lone moderate then. ;)

I’m very excited for the revamp of Future World. It looks pretty and it’s desperately needed in a park that has effectively stagnated for years. I spend the least time there of all the parks, riding JII, SE, TT, and Living with the Land and then I’m out.

I also wasn’t expecting HUGE announcements for WDW because last D23 resulted in the announcement of huge(ly expensive) things. There are two rides already on the way so I wasn’t expecting them to announce more. Expecting multiple E ticket attractions every D23 with today’s TWDC but honestly, even the Disney of yesteryear, just seems unrealistic. So I “hoped” accordingly.

The walk through attraction looks cute, I’m pleased about the Mary Poppins ride, and I’m even nervously looking forward to the new Spaceship Earth. I love the ride but it’s needed a remodel for years. The ending is just outdated. I wanna eat in the Space Restaurant now. Looks super cool.

I am disappointed JII was not included in the revamp and hope the ride will get a makeover in the next round of spending a few years from now. I also wished for a new pavilion but ces’t la vie. It’ll come at some point. Maybe with the delay in an announcement, they’ll think about adding another ride, when the time comes.

I don’t care what anyone else says. The Star Wars hotel, if it’s all it is made out to be, will be awesome and I’d give it a whirl, even knowing it’ll be gonzo expensive. Thankfully and gratefully, I’m in an income bracket where I know I’ll be able to afford it. I just wish that immersiveness had been including in SWGE.

The announcements were certainly not the worst things ever... but of course, they could have always gone farther, spent more. But people who are so stuck in what Epcot was in the 80s are never going to be happy. We aren’t ever going back to that time or those long gone rides so I’m going to try to embrace the new, with some reservations. Otherwise, I might as well stop going to Epcot.

I wish we’d gotten more than a tease about the 50th but I suppose that means we might get some exciting announcements next year.

I tempered my expectations for today and so overall, I’m (fairly) happy.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom