News D23 Expo 2019

SirLink

Because in my years of being on this board I realize that what we say doesn't mean squat in this situation. The only reason we might even be getting Figment is because his merchandise sells.

If people actually voted with their wallet and not go you'd get more change far quicker.

lentesta

Premium Member
Not sure if this has been posted to this thread yet:

ETA: The tweet has been taken down. It was from Mercyhurst University's Hospitality program. They gave an update on an alumnus named Nate who's also a Disney CM. They said that Nate was headed to Brazil to recruit CMs for the new Brazil Epcot pavilion. This was tweeted on August 18.

Last edited:

MKeeler

Does the “mobile base” on this map refer to the Marvel Day at Sea with DCL, or something new?

View attachment 400905
Source:

This image makes it clear to me that the Disney company needs a liaison between Marvel and Disney who can fluently speak both companies. Who has a knowledge of old Marvel trademarks and titles and Disney products and trademarks, and who can suggest appropriate name suggestions.

Avengers Campus should really be Avengers Academy. It was a Marvel comic and a Marvel mobile game. The through line would be perfect to have in the parks.

Likewise, the Mobile Base, presumably referring to the cruise line, should be Hydrobase. It was an Avengers headquarters in the comic.

These are small things, but they would play well to Marvel fans and are the type of Easter eggs that should be encouraged. Plus Hydrobase can be trademarked, Mobile Base cannot.

And while I'm at it, let me take this opportunity to volunteer for the position I suggested above. To all the Disney corporate personnel reading this thread and others (as we've learned this week), I am more than happy to discuss my qualifications for the job.:)

DCLcruiser

This image makes it clear to me that the Disney company needs a liaison between Marvel and Disney who can fluently speak both companies. Who has a knowledge of old Marvel trademarks and titles and Disney products and trademarks, and who can suggest appropriate name suggestions.

Avengers Campus should really be Avengers Academy. It was a Marvel comic and a Marvel mobile game. The through line would be perfect to have in the parks.

Likewise, the Mobile Base, presumably referring to the cruise line, should be Hydrobase. It was an Avengers headquarters in the comic.

These are small things, but they would play well to Marvel fans and are the type of Easter eggs that should be encouraged. Plus Hydrobase can be trademarked, Mobile Base cannot.

And while I'm at it, let me take this opportunity to volunteer for the position I suggested above. To all the Disney corporate personnel reading this thread and others (as we've learned this week), I am more than happy to discuss my qualifications for the job.:)
Avengers Academy is on the cruise ships already in the kids area...

My guess the point of "Campus" is that in future movies they will enlist young mutants/heros to join the Avengers. This will allow guests to feel like they are joining also. A Stark version of the "Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters."

doctornick

Academy sounds like a school/training facility. It depends on the execution of the attractions, but if the concept is more that of guests visiting the Avengers HQ, then "campus" makes more sense. If it is more of the guests being a recruit, then "academy" would be more sensible.

I'd agree that the alliteration of Avengers Academy sounds better though.

eddie104

Is it me or does that Spider Man look creepy as heck ?? :oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom