Rumor D23 Expo 2019 expected announcements

Kamikaze

The Simpsons don’t have the charm to be with Disney. In my opinion the franchise is just... well..... “Krusty”

But I guess we’re here... sadly.

I’ll always associate The Simpsons with Universal and I REALLY hope they don’t bring this non-family friendly franchise into the parks. They are crude and very unwelcome.

The only thing The Simpsons have to do with Universal is that the attraction/land is in their park. They've always been a Fox property. Do you associate Marvel with Universal as well?

Indy_UK

I love the Simpsons. I think they'll make a good tent pole IP but my only slight concern is that after 30 years... how much longer can they carry on

sallyslater

The only thing The Simpsons have to do with Universal is that the attraction/land is in their park. They've always been a Fox property. Do you associate Marvel with Universal as well?

When it comes to theme parks, I associate The Simpsons IP with Universal. Outside of that I have never associated them with anything else in particular. In my mind, they have nearly lost all cultural relevance and I’ve never bothered to look into what else associates themselves with them.

And yes, prior to Disney’s aquisation of Marvel and it’s current use of the franchise in its parks, I associated the use of Marvel in theme parks to be a Universal thing. Now, I think Marvel’s presence in Universal is awkward and I can’t WAIT for Disney to get the rights to use them in WDW.

And no, I never thought The Simpsons (or Marvel, HP, etc.) were owned by Universal.

Last edited:

mhaftman7

I can honestly say I haven’t watched The Simpsons as a show in the last 20 years. We saw the movie and thought it was great. I think they could be a tremendous addition to Hollywood Studios. As far as their association with Uni goes, that ride is the back to the future ride. They changed the video, the audio, and the paint scheme, but that ride is still the BTTF ride.

AVAC Juice

I would love to see D23 introduce 50 plusses to Mk, Contemp, Poly and Ft.Wilderness.

Little things for each area of the MK and local resorts circa 1971.

I wish Disney would go back and review the parks in that era and replace or replicate some things that they removed and replaced as a knod if even for the 50th. Tiny things.

The return of unique topiaries, trash can designs, attraction poster art, walk around characters, area soundtracks, etc.

I would love to see attraction vehicles, art and props the way that they did for the 25th in Exposition Hall.

Last edited:

justintheharris

I would love to see D23 introduce 50 plusses to WDW. Mk, Contemp, Poly and Ft.Wilderness.

Little things for each area of the MK and local resorts circa 1971.

I wish Disney would go back and review the parks in that era and replace or replicate some things that they removed and replaced as a knod if even for the 50th. Tiny things.

The return of unique topiaries, trash can designs, attraction poster art, walk around characters, area soundtracks, etc.

I would love to see attraction vehicles, art and props the way that they did for the 25th in Exposition Hall.
I think they already said something about 50 enhancements around the resort for the 50th anniversary even if some of the enhancements have already existed 4 years prior to 2021 or are as minor as one new animatronic in a ride that's been standing for 40 years.

AVAC Juice

I think they already said something about 50 enhancements around the resort for the 50th anniversary even if some of the enhancements have already existed 4 years prior to 2021 or are as minor as one new animatronic in a ride that's been standing for 40 years.
Great.

What I was suggesting was 50 plusses to the original Vacation Kingdom which is turning 50.

AVAC Juice

Seems like we may not be the only ones who fondly remember the unique topiaries from earlier visits (i.e. first time at CR in 1970's). We wonder how many future memories would be made if the topiaries were once again a WDW feature.
Great memories. I think the sea serpent is all that's left of the originals.

Also Dumbo in MK. I don't think that the Dumbo goes back further than the 90s.

Anyone?

We do have 900 duplicate twisty shrubs in the Hub however.

justintheharris

Your probably right. I’d love to be pleasantly surprised though. Sure doesn’t seem to be looking to good for the rumored new entertainment.
I'm going to be honest with you, I couldn't care less if Country Bear Jamboree gets bulldozed. It's considered one of the worst attractions at Disney World. The only things that have kept it alive so long is nostalgia and the fact that the show occupies such little space that it's hard to find a replacement. In regards to everything else, Tron Lightcycle Power Run is the only worthwhile thing that seems to be headed for Magic Kingdom. Literally EVERY ride (except maybe Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) in Magic Kingdom needs a refurbishment or serious upgrade. ALL OF THEM. Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, It's A Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and more. And I would bet that Disney may refurbish two rides prior to 2021. Woody's Round Up would be an alright addition for the fact that people would actually go see the show, I'm not placing bets on anything replacing Stitch and they're super unlikely to announce another E ticket for Magic Kingdom which it DESPERATELY NEEDS.

sallyslater

What is the actual status of Stitch?

I was at MK recently and saw loads of people under the attraction’s awning looking like they were queuing for it. Maybe they were just trying to find shade, but cast members were outside holding a sign saying “Character Experience: Alien Encounter” or something along the lines of that.

I thought Stitch had been destroyed (the actual animatronic) and that the attraction was closed for good.

What is going on?

MaximumEd

What is the actual status of Stitch?

I was at MK recently and saw loads of people under the attraction’s awning looking like they were queuing for it. Maybe they were just trying to find shade, but cast members were outside holding a sign saying “Character Experience: Alien Encounter” or something along the lines of that.

I thought Stitch had been destroyed (the actual animatronic) and that the attraction was closed for good.

What is going on?

Attraction is closed, but there is a character M&G there.

britain

I'm going to be honest with you, I couldn't care less if Country Bear Jamboree gets bulldozed. It's considered one of the worst attractions at Disney World. The only things that have kept it alive so long is nostalgia and the fact that the show occupies such little space that it's hard to find a replacement. In regards to everything else, Tron Lightcycle Power Run is the only worthwhile thing that seems to be headed for Magic Kingdom. Literally EVERY ride (except maybe Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) in Magic Kingdom needs a refurbishment or serious upgrade. ALL OF THEM. Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, It's A Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and more. And I would bet that Disney may refurbish two rides prior to 2021. Woody's Round Up would be an alright addition for the fact that people would actually go see the show, I'm not placing bets on anything replacing Stitch and they're super unlikely to announce another E ticket for Magic Kingdom which it DESPERATELY NEEDS.

Bold statement to be sayin’ round these parts!

dreday3

Seems like we may not be the only ones who fondly remember the unique topiaries from earlier visits (i.e. first time at CR in 1970's). We wonder how many future memories would be made if the topiaries were once again a WDW feature.

I remember the topiaries too, our first stay when I was a kid in the early 80's. I think I saw them all on the way to Contemporary? I looked for them when I started going back again after 2000. Either I exaggerated in my memories or most were gone!

TTA94

Can’t seem to remember but was the last D23 parks and resorts presentation live steamed or just posted after?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom