Rumor D23 Expo 2019 expected announcements

RSoxNo1

Disney announces 2019's D23 schedule which includes Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm. No word on 20th Century Fox so far. Marvel Studios is expected to release the full Phase 4 lineup.

Where are you seeing Disney explicitly saying "Phase 4"? They could also do this at Comic Con.

nol_dur

Ummm.... I wouldn't expect even half of that to be addressed at D23 2019.

People need to stop with this obsession that D23 is the be-all-end-all for Disney announcements, and that it's chock-full of juicy details on everything they're doing for the next 3-5 years.
It’s like Nintendo and E3. Everyone expects a lot to be announced but it’s just another direct

brodie999

Where are you seeing Disney explicitly saying "Phase 4"? They could also do this at Comic Con.
Well, they didn't explicitly say Marvel will reveal Phase 4 at Comic Con. But Marvel Studios hasn't announced whether they're going to Comic Con too. So there's a article saying they could reveal the future of the MCU at D23 on comic book.com

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, they didn't explicitly say Marvel will reveal Phase 4 at Comic Con. But Marvel Studios hasn't announced whether they're going to Comic Con too. So there's a article saying they could reveal the future of the MCU at D23 on comic book.com

Speculation is Thor 4 and ant man 3 maybe announced...

But that’s not gonna shock anyone

We know there’s a captain marvel - black panther - dr strange 2 coming at some
Point as
Well

RSoxNo1

Speculation is Thor 4 and ant man 3 maybe announced...

But that’s not gonna shock anyone

We know there’s a captain marvel - black panther - dr strange 2 coming at some
Point as
Well
A phase 4 announcement (in some form) is happening this summer. Comic Con would be their first opportunity. It's 2 weeks after Far From Home, so most people that would be upset about the Phase 4 announcement "ruining" Spider-man would have already seen it.

Comic Con is a bigger event, but a Phase 4 announcement would also inflate the value of D23. It just seems a bit odd to bury the Phase 4 announcement into the greater Disney Studios presentation. Historically the animation presentation and the live action presentation were both 2 hours. I could see a combined presentation being 3 hours, and a full Phase 4 announcement would need 30-45 minutes.

TeriofTerror

Random (very long) thought:
David Ogden Stiers voiced both Cogsworth and the opening narrator in Beauty and the Beast, Governor Ratcliffe and Wiggins in Pocahontas, Fenton Q. Harcourt in Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Mr. Jolly in Teacher's Pet, Jumba Jookiba in the Lilo & Stitch franchise, Kamaji in the English dub of Spirited Away, Mr. Piccolo in the English dub of Porco Rosso, and the Archdeacon in The Hunchback of Notre Dame. He also voiced the Narrator in My Neighbors the Yamadas. Additionally, he played Ken Bradfield in the 1996 Miramax film
Everyone Says I Love You. He has also narrated several Winnie the Pooh stories and was the narrator in the American Dragon: Jake Long episode, "The Talented Mr. Long". He portrayed J.W. Harper in the film Iron Will, Alexei Jovanovic in the film Jungle 2 Jungle, Laius in Mighty Aphrodite, Judge Justin Beach in Bad Company, and Henry Spivey in Krippendorf's Tribe. He also voiced the King and the Prime Minister in the Mary Poppins short The Cat That Looked at a King. He has also voiced three characters in the adventure video game series Myst.
Can someone please explain to me why this man is not a Disney Legend?!

Sir_Cliff

This I do not love, even as a person who does love The Simpsons. It smacks to me of the increasing move of Disney fandom to being a fan of a corporation and so automatically anything it acquires becomes part of that fandom. I think they'd be wise to keep the two brands apart, as The Simpsons really has its own sensibility that I think is kind of weakened by pushing the idea that it's now "Disney's" The Simpsons.

I do look forward to more It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia content in the parks, though.

Indy_UK

I think where Disney purchased Fox there's a few large IPs which they are pulling out and making them stand on their own rather than being tied to the Fox brand.

National Geographic was the first and The Simpsons are next.

I for one are all on board with this and are interested to see where they take the franchise next

sallyslater

y’all...

Attachments

• 6682A5B2-775C-419D-907F-54EAC4FBF0F5.jpeg
    6682A5B2-775C-419D-907F-54EAC4FBF0F5.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 171

sallyslater

The Simpsons don’t have the charm to be with Disney. In my opinion the franchise is just... well..... “Krusty”

But I guess we’re here... sadly.

I’ll always associate The Simpsons with Universal and I REALLY hope they don’t bring this non-family friendly franchise into the parks. They are crude and very unwelcome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom