Rumor D23 Expo 2019 expected announcements

Haymarket2008

They will almost certainly have DCA's Marvel Land be the heavy hitter of the event. I would expect a full lineup of what is to come.

And they really should deliver on the Epcot front. After giving us the blue sky concept art in 2017, they need to get the ball rolling. I would imagine Epcot will be the main focus of the WDW portion. Some more rounding out of what is to come in Future World.

And any supplemental things will probably be concerning the upcoming plusses for WDW's 50th.

RandySavage

^ Would be nice if that MS Theater were being re-imagined as a wider full-land expansion (with direct access to Tomorrowland) as was rumored here (maybe wishful thinking).

As far as announcements, they tend to avoid cannibalizing hype from things that are already revealed and underway, so I'd be surprised if they make any major announcements for most of the worldwide parks where we know what's coming over the next 1-5 years.

That leaves:
-DLP: This park deserves to finally get a new ride (or two), since it hasn't had a single actual ride added since 1995!!

-Shanghai DL: Zootopia land rumored.

-AK: Now that its plate is cleared, and if the Shanghai rumor is true, I could see Zootopia getting co-developed for AK.

-I really hope they re-theme the MK Speedway to something that looks, sounds and smells futuristic.

-I'm hoping and expecting to see a design model for Hong Kong's new castle.

disneylandmagic

WDW: More details about projects in construction. Some Epcot additions and may be some updates around WDW
DLR: Details on Marvel at DCA. Mickey in Toontown and may be additions and changes in Fantasyland (Frozen?)
DLP: Details on Marvel and Frozen-Star Wars coming to WDS. May be a new e ticket ride for Disneyland Park in Paris cause it really needs one more ride!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Every nostalgic place you previously enjoyed will be turned into a meet and greet for a character you don't care about

Disney will release a new movie related to India so they can do an IP overlay of Expedition Everest...or whatever

A new parade will be announced for DAK which will be timed to clog up the most busy pathways at the busiest time of day

A new Jack Sparrow attraction will take place outside of POTC that's a rum drinking game, take a drink every time someone corrects to "Captain" Jack Sparrow....only $24.99 for a glass

Tower of Terror gets a year-round nightly show with the cutest characters possible, projected on the facade

Indy_UK

I think quite a few announcements for WDW will be bundled into the 50th.

This is what I’d like

1. Detail about the Epcot revamp and idea of extra rides or land reworks that are coming. I think there will be a 2nd Marvel ride announced.

2. More updates to Hollywood studios. I’d like the shows replaced. Fate of Animation Courtyard and Indy area.

3. Fantasmic getting updated to be in line with Disneyland.

4. More entertainment for Disney Springs including the new Cirque show.

5. New monorails but not holding my breath there.

6. Replacement for Stich ride.

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
What I feel like we could see:
1. More details on the 50th
2. MUCH more details on the Epcot Spine revamp as well as some of the pavilions
3. Possible new country to world showcase???
4. Maybe new show coming to Hollywood Studios
5. Runaway Railroad heading to Mickey's Toontown
6. Marvel land blue sky art
7. Details on Tomorrowland revamps on both coast
Just somethings I feel like we could possibly see

Tavernacle12

I feel like we always get more excited than it's worth for Parks announcements, especially here on this board where pretty much everything gets leaked to us early. I imagine we'll get a huge SW and Mickey info dump, maybe updates on Rat and Tron. At this point I feel like we're not going to hear about Poppins unless it's really disappointing, and we'll hear nothing of Brazil. Maybe some concert art of the in-between IllumiNations replacement? Probably more info on Guardians too. I don't expect anything huge or life changing.

50 Captain Marvel attractions

Everyone makes fun of this, but like, he's the CEO of the company and they constantly made parades for films in the 90s, they absolutely should and could make one for Captain Marvel, at least for Disneyland (I don't remember what her status is for WDW).

DAK1928

I'm surprised at the comments about D23 not having a precedent for large announcements. Last year was a treasure trove with Tron/GOTG/MMRR/Ratatouille/etc all being announced. Sure, there are leaks and insider speculation here, but those have to be treated as rumors until we get the official green-light.

Interesting timeline, assuming the next D23 is August 2021. I would think that would be too late to start the WDWD50 promotions so I imagine we get an announcement about it during Destination D 2020.

SW:GE should be up and running for 2 months at DLR by August, so we probably won't need too much coverage there. Details for DCA's Marvel-land would likely the big headline. I'd also expect details on the MK Tomorrowland overhaul.

SirLink

They'll only talk about about WDW50 depending on when it is supposed to start and that depends on who you speak to internally some say it will start beginning of May and some say beginning of October. If its October the promotion won't be talked about until D23 2021.

For everything else I would wait until end of April - when they start deciding what they want to announce and show for more substantive inside information to come out.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well... Actually... It does have to do with rumors and news... Because I brought up rumored and announced additions I'm predicting for this D23.

With all due respect, your opinions and speculations are not "news and rumors". Without one of our insiders saying, "I heard x/y/z is going to be on the docket at D23" (and with this being 6+ months away, that isn't likely for a while), this is something for General Discussion.

BrianLo

^ Would be nice if that MS Theater were being re-imagined as a wider full-land expansion (with direct access to Tomorrowland) as was rumored here (maybe wishful thinking).

As far as announcements, they tend to avoid cannibalizing hype from things that are already revealed and underway, so I'd be surprised if they make any major announcements for most of the worldwide parks where we know what's coming over the next 1-5 years.

That leaves:
-DLP: This park deserves to finally get a new ride (or two), since it hasn't had a single actual ride added since 1995!!

-Shanghai DL: Zootopia land rumored.

-AK: Now that its plate is cleared, and if the Shanghai rumor is true, I could see Zootopia getting co-developed for AK.

-I really hope they re-theme the MK Speedway to something that looks, sounds and smells futuristic.

-I'm hoping and expecting to see a design model for Hong Kong's new castle.

Totally agree, it’s pretty much going to come down to the few parks that won’t have an active major project at time of D23.

The only park that has ongoing active projects that I think will receive some announcement of substance would be Epcot. Technically DCA could have their actual Marvel headliner re-re-reannounced (but that doesn’t really count in my mind).

-DL/DLP both could get a Runnaway Railways (DL will not have anything active at time of D23). DLP has budget carved out for something as part of the overhaul, so we’ll see what they settle on.
-Shanghai could definitely make the Zootopia announcement
-Animal Kingdom I think will be the sole park left out as not having an announced or under construction project when all is said and done. I wish that weren’t the case, but just a feeling.

-WDW 50th I think is too early for any major plans to be revealed.

We have so many roadmaps for so many parks, that I actually think this is going to be the year of ‘models’ rather than announcements. Which should make for a pleasant experience for attendees and a bit boring for people at home. Hong Kong, Disney Sea, Epcot’s hub, WDSP and DCA’s Marvel land are all options that have models ready to be trotted out. I’d love if they all made an appearance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom