Rumor D23 Expo 2019 expected announcements

Mason The 2nd

Original Poster
As D23 Expo is 4 months away, I would like to share the announcements I'm expecting from the Parks and Resorts panel.

-Star Wars Galaxy's Edge (WDW), Runaway Railway and Skyliner Opening Dates + Newer Details
-Disney World 50th Anniversary
-New Guardians Coaster & Marvel Land details
-Stitch's Great Escape replacement announced
-Future regarding Figment
-New WDW nighttime parade (?)
-New details on Illuminations replacement
-Announcement regarding 965 acre land bought near Celebration
-Marry Poppins ride at UK pavilion

All of them might not be announced, just my prediction.

Last edited:

SweetDuffy101

It’s not always about Groundbreaking announcements on every D23 expo, D23 EXPO is about Celebration of all things Disney,

But it doesn’t always mean Surprise announcements.

Orlando Makes most of its announcements on Destination D.

Other parks have announcements during Shareholders meeting.

On D23 you shouldn’t have High expectations.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
As D23 Expo is 7 months away, I would like to share the announcements I'm expecting from the Parks and Resorts panel.

-Star Wars Galaxy's Edge (WDW), Runaway Railway and Skyliner Opening Dates + Newer Details
-Disney World 50th Anniversary
-New Guardians Coaster & Marvel Land details
-Stitch's Great Escape replacement announced
-Future regarding Figment
-New WDW nighttime parade (?)
-New details on Illuminations replacement
-Announcement regarding 965 acre land bought near Celebration
-Marry Poppins ride at UK pavilion

All of them might not be announced, just my prediction.

The land purchase was almost definitely done for the purposes of conservation offset for other land they want to develop. This is not the sort of thing that would be discussed at D23.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It’s not always about Groundbreaking announcements on every D23 expo, D23 EXPO is about Celebration of all things Disney,

But it doesn’t always mean Surprise announcements.

Orlando Makes most of its announcements on Destination D.

Other parks have announcements during Shareholders meeting.

On D23 you shouldn’t have High expectations.
Well a lot went on at D23 2017 for WDW, so I think the expectation will be there.

Just incase anyone doesn't remember - https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/d23/...-all-the-announcements-from-d23-expo-2017.htm

Rodan75

I think 2019 might be Disneyland's year. Unless local politics changes that. Not expecting a lot for WDW but hopefully I am wrong.

I think you have that backwards given the 50th coming up. I think they will definitely flesh out the Marvel Lands for DL and DLP. But WDW's 50th should take up much of their presentation and much of the floorspace dedicated to the Parks.

Rodan75

That’s exactly what I want to see... I hope that the Marvel Lands don’t outshine WDW’s 50th announcements

It is Marvel, it will certainly be a big deal. But given all of the Capital that is going into WDW that is expected to have the resort ready for the 50th, just with things we know about today, I have to imagine that they want to make sure that all D23 members have their WDW nostalgia glasses on and booking trips in 2021.

capsshield

I think we are in for some nice surprises. Perhaps, a model or two. Disneyland's Marvel land or magic kingdoms Tomorrowland refresh or even a new country or attraction for Epcot could show up. I expect they will announce plans for the 50th with a few of the changes or additions coming with more to be revealed at a later date.

Galaxy's edge should be open by then in California so unless they are expanding it, that stuff will be old news.

Lots of Disney plus news. Star wars and Marvel footage shown with classic Disney stuff released from vault.
Marvel phase 4 details - Fantastic Four and or X-Men movies added to schedule.

trainplane3

I think we are in for some nice surprises. Perhaps, a model or two. Disneyland's Marvel land or magic kingdoms Tomorrowland refresh or even a new country or attraction for Epcot could show up. I expect they will announce plans for the 50th with a few of the changes or additions coming with more to be revealed at a later date.

Galaxy's edge should be open by then in California so unless they are expanding it, that stuff will be old news.

Lots of Disney plus news. Star wars and Marvel footage shown with classic Disney stuff released from vault.
Nearly happened in 2017 according to Martin. Red tape stopped it.

Rodan75

I wouldn't be surprised if they screen the first episode of The Mandalorian during D23 and probably the first ep of The Clone Wars S7.

I wonder if they will do a separate event to announce Marvel Movies, like they did with Phase 3?

capsshield

No one knows yet what Marvel phase 4 holds yet. A lot of strong rumors though. Avengers Endgame will have been out for at least two months and Spiderman's next movie in release. The Fox deal should be done by then. Between now and then they should start production on the next big release and I'm betting it will be a movie that reveals nothing about the end of Avengers Endgame. It will feature a character that survived the snap or one we haven't seen yet.
I don't think you will see a complete episode of the Mandalorian but you will see a lot of it. Maybe even characters walking around.
This event will be the perfect opportunity to put a focus on Disney Plus so I bet we will see a free month pass or discount signup event . If the people at D23 are not the perfect place to kick off the service I don't know who is. I wouldn't be surprised to see a room full of monitors showing or letting the crowd browse through the coming content.

I really hope they show us more expansion plans and attractions for the Studios, and Epcot. Galaxy's edge is going to overwhelm that park with crowds and needs a counterbalance.

Epcot is huge and has room for expansion, it could easily pull a big number of people in with a few additional changes. Mary Poppins, Coco, a Wonders of Life replacement, a new country, an Innoventions replacement, a new night time show, the list goes on.
I guess only time will tell though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom