News D23 Expo 2017

DAR1974

Something does have to go into the UoE apart from the dinos it's always been a pretty dull attraction. I'm just not sure GoTG is what should go in there. But I'll take a wait and see approach.

TP2000

i disagree
i think quite a bit of time will be spent on these additions.
2015 they spent 20 minutes on Avatar

They didn't have much else to talk about in '15, multiple solid insiders have said the plan to announce Marvel Land for Anaheim was pulled at the last second and they needed time fillers for the keynote address, and the entire WDI Pavilion in '15 was dedicated solely to Shanghai Disneyland which didn't allow them to showcase any other American project there.

This time the WDI Pavilion, D23 Expo's largest attraction by square footage and excitement-factor, will be entirely dedicated to Star Wars Land. The lines to get into that Pavilion will be huge, I'm sure, and everyone will be talking about it and blogging about the moment the Expo exhibit halls open on Friday morning.

On Saturday afternoon they've got 90 minutes of time to fill. If they waste it talking about Star Wars Land when everyone will have already seen the huge model and exhibit nearby, that means they haven't actually put funding and manpower behind some of the other big rumors we've been talking about and hoping for here.

TP2000

Speaking of the WDI Pavilion and being dedicated to Star Wars Land this year, that makes me wonder what the pavilion pre-show and entry process will be like? WDI has done some really nifty pre-show experiences for their D23 Expo pavilion in years past.

My absolute favorite was the pavilion they created for the 2011 Expo, called the Carousel of Projects that you entered via this wonderful pre-show theater...

How will they welcome us to the Star Wars themed WDI Pavilion next week?!? I can't wait to find out!

twebber55

They didn't have much else to talk about in '15, multiple solid insiders have said the plan to announce Marvel Land for Anaheim was pulled at the last second and they needed time fillers for the keynote address, and the entire WDI Pavilion in '15 was dedicated solely to Shanghai Disneyland which didn't allow them to showcase any other American project there.

This time the WDI Pavilion, D23 Expo's largest attraction by square footage and excitement-factor, will be entirely dedicated to Star Wars Land. The lines to get into that Pavilion will be huge, I'm sure, and everyone will be talking about it and blogging about the moment the Expo exhibit halls open on Friday morning.

On Saturday afternoon they've got 90 minutes of time to fill. If they waste it talking about Star Wars Land when everyone will have already seen the huge model and exhibit nearby, that means they haven't actually put funding and manpower behind some of the other big rumors we've been talking about and hoping for here.
i still disagree
they ll spend at last 15 minutes in detail for the rides and dining experiences
JMO
should be fun next week regardless

Haymarket2008

I'm really interested to see if they announce the Mickey ride at D23, considering the possible fan backlash there may be regarding the GMR closure to make way for it.

I really hope they do. I would be really surprised if they didn't. It's scheduled to close a little over 4 weeks after the event. And I'm not sure the backlash will he as big as Guardians, for instance.

brb1006

Speaking of the WDI Pavilion and being dedicated to Star Wars Land this year, that makes me wonder what the pavilion pre-show and entry process will be like? WDI has done some really nifty pre-show experiences for their D23 Expo pavilion in years past.

My absolute favorite was the pavilion they created for the 2011 Expo, called the Carousel of Projects that you entered via this wonderful pre-show theater...

How will they welcome us to the Star Wars themed WDI Pavilion next week?!? I can't wait to find out!

If they ever announce the return of Dreamfinder to Epcot. I hope they make a preshow dedicated to the original Journey Into Imagination attraction.

Kman101

What more could they go into detail about with Toy Story Land? The rides were previewed well enough last time. All they need to cover with it is the opening date which could have easily been done in a blog post and not at D23. Maybe throw out some different concept art. I don't see why they need to spend much time on it. IMO it should be apart of an overall DHS presentation about changes to the park.

Phicinfan

What more could they go into detail about with Toy Story Land? The rides were previewed well enough last time. All they need to cover with it is the opening date which could have easily been done in a blog post and not at D23. Maybe throw out some different concept art. I don't see why they need to spend much time on it. IMO it should be apart of an overall DHS presentation about changes to the park.
By all reports they will have a 3D model of SWE for this, I wonder if they won't do the same for TSL? Maybe to show some of the themeing?

Bocabear

Probably neither...they will probably still be denying it is actually happening, but wait! Cme over here and look at this model of a new Princess Meet N Greet area that is coming soon to Toy Story Land...
I attended D@# in 2011 and found a complete dearth of information...it was mostly forums to hype the next upcoming movie (which then was Frozen)... It was an expensive ticket to queue up in lines all day long...with little payoff at them end... Corporate cheerleading event.
I would not waste my money going again.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Probably neither...they will probably still be denying it is actually happening, but wait! Cme over here and look at this model of a new Princess Meet N Greet area that is coming soon to Toy Story Land...
I attended D@# in 2011 and found a complete dearth of information...it was mostly forums to hype the next upcoming movie (which then was Frozen)... It was an expensive ticket to queue up in lines all day long...with little payoff at them end... Corporate cheerleading event.
I would not waste my money going again.
Holy negativity!

Bocabear

I know...sounds that way, but it promised a lot of exciting information about the theme parks, and then after flying to California and a hotel for a few days and tickets to the events and all, found it had very little information, and was more about the presentations of materials I already saw online... If you like that sort of thing it is great, and it was not a complete waste as we got a chance to spend time at Disneyland... But I was very disappointed with the event as a whole.

TP2000

In terms of Disneyland, I think the surest bet will be a Marvel Land announcement?

Marvel Land for DCA, and sketches and info on the new luxury hotel being built in the Downtown Disney surface parking lot. I imagine the Star Wars Land model at the WDI Pavilion will be the Disneyland version, since it has the most intriguing border area with the newly re-Imagineered Rivers of America area that opens this month.

I doubt they'll get into the weeds with minor stuff like Paint The Night moving over to Disney California Adventure; that stuff can be Parks Blog posts, although it will kill the "Paint The Night Moving to WDW" thread here. I'll miss this one! :( http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...g-wdw-inevitable.916192/page-224#post-7785216

And the re-routing of the Disneyland Monorail for DCA expansion into the old bus loading zones can't be announced because the city of Anaheim is holding up the permit process on the Eastern Gateway transportation area until the fall, so Disney has to sit on that announcement for now.

My educated guess for D23 Expo announcements, in no particular order;
  • WDW Gondola System (Duh, it's already in construction!)
  • Great Movie Ride Replacement
  • Guardians of the Galaxy in Universe of Energy
  • Marvel Land for Disney California Adventure
  • Info on Luxury Hotel for Downtown Disney @ Disneyland
  • Some unknown SURPRISE! project no one has said a word about yet
That frees up D23 Expo 2019 to focus on revealing what the WDW 50th Anniversary will feature for 2021 (Magic Kingdom night parade, etc.), Frozen E Ticket for Disneyland, etc., etc.

Bocabear

I kinda doubt they will discuss the Great Movie Ride yet...it is too early... they may talk about the Gondolas,probably more Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land stuff...Possibly Marvel Land and a lot of movie clip shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom