News D23 Expo 2017

Haymarket2008

What I hope to hear about at D23 other than Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land
  • Overhaul for Epcot( Spaceship Earth,Ratatouille Ride,UK attraction, JTI, Energy and possibly new Pavilion)
  • The Great Movie Ride Replacement
  • Magic Kingdom Expansion?
  • New name for DHS
  • The Gondolas

Spaceship Earth just lost their sponsorship rather last minute. I really doubt we'll get anything about it, unfortunately.

WDWbuff2001

What I hope to hear about at D23 other than Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land
  • Overhaul for Epcot( Spaceship Earth,Ratatouille Ride,UK attraction, JTI, Energy and possibly new Pavilion)
  • The Great Movie Ride Replacement
  • Magic Kingdom Expansion?
  • New name for DHS
  • The Gondolas

They only have a hour and a half of a presentation... I'm hoping they can announce that much in addition to Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land in that much time

Goob

The one thing that would get me extra excited would be an announcement for something big happening at MK.

I feel like it's the only thing that has been kept quiet that we don't really know anything about. I'm thinking we are in for a surprise. Here's to hoping.

trainplane3

Let's see if fans boo the Pirates announcement, or if Disney's Magical Marketing Machine controls the feedback. ;)
I'm really curious how the UoE announcement will go over IF it happens at D23. Celebrating the 35th anniversary of Epcot and then promptly telling the hardcore Epcot fans that an opening day (for the most part) attraction is being replaced with Guardians is sure to go over well.

Haymarket2008

I'm really curious how the UoE announcement will go over IF it happens at D23. Celebrating the 35th anniversary of Epcot and then promptly telling the hardcore Epcot fans that an opening day (for the most part) attraction is being replaced with Guardians is sure to go over well.

I'm curious about that too. This is a far more incendiary change than Frozen was to Maelstrom. It is sure to receive some vocal push back.

Last edited:

TP2000

They only have a hour and a half of a presentation... I'm hoping they can announce that much in addition to Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land in that much time

They won't waste much, if any, of the 90 minutes discussing Star Wars Land or Toy Story Land. Both of those things have already been introduced and are well under construction.

And the massive WDI Pavilion in the exhibit halls will be focused on Star Wars Land, with a full scale model of the entire land and exhibits providing further detail on whatever they want to tell us about Star Wars Land.

The WDI Pavilion will be where everyone goes to get info on Star Wars Land, not the keynote presentation on Saturday.

MCast

@marni1971 - I'm trying to consolidate and surmise the possible announcements for Epcot at this year's event and ranked what I thought was most likely to least likely to be announced, if at all. Thoughts?

1. Rat for France
2. GotG for Energy Pavilion
3. M:S updated missions
4. Brazil for World Showcase
5. New attraction for UK
6. Spine update

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 - I'm trying to consolidate and surmise the possible announcements for Epcot at this year's event and ranked what I thought was most likely to least likely to be announced, if at all. Thoughts?

1. Rat for France
2. GotG for Energy Pavilion
3. M:S updated missions
4. Brazil for World Showcase
5. New attraction for UK
6. Spine update
My thought is I can't comment.

Nice math.

Just remember things can and do change.

twebber55

They won't waste much, if any, of the 90 minutes discussing Star Wars Land or Toy Story Land. Both of those things have already been introduced and are well under construction.

And the massive WDI Pavilion in the exhibit halls will be focused on Star Wars Land, with a full scale model of the entire land and exhibits providing further detail on whatever they want to tell us about Star Wars Land.

The WDI Pavilion will be where everyone goes to get info on Star Wars Land, not the keynote presentation on Saturday.
i disagree
i think quite a bit of time will be spent on these additions.
2015 they spent 20 minutes on Avatar

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom