D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

Captain Barbossa

027CA034-82C7-45F9-A6C4-3B8B9829B6EE.jpeg

293/300

Already some pretty significant wear/marks around the edges on the right going towards the bottom. MC had some when I got it, but not as bad as this. Luckily it won’t be visible once framed.

There are also a couple greyish looking paint or ink marks on some of the white areas due to human error unfortunately. Nothing noticeable from a distance, but still.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love it, and I’ll still argue that it’s the most beautiful out of all of them, but I thought that it’d be a little more bright in person. Maybe it’ll look better once framed and hung.

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
I have updated the initial post with additional release numbers. Previously, some numbers had been missing from April and May.

Given the amount of activity this thread has experienced, that initial post should have received more likes 😁

wonkabars7

View attachment 507394
293/300

Already some pretty significant wear/marks around the edges on the right going towards the bottom. MC had some when I got it, but not as bad as this. Luckily it won’t be visible once framed.

There are also a couple greyish looking paint or ink marks on some of the white areas due to human error unfortunately. Nothing noticeable from a distance, but still.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love it, and I’ll still argue that it’s the most beautiful out of all of them, but I thought that it’d be a little more bright in person. Maybe it’ll look better once framed and hung.
You should email them and cc Cyclops on it...they usually have extras to replace damages, but are first come first served...

Mesa Azul

You should email them and cc Cyclops on it...they usually have extras to replace damages, but are first come first served...
I always wondered about that. Would they reprint a poster if it was damaged? Like if 203 was just minced, would they reprint 203? Guessing you'd have to ship the pieces back? Just always curious how that would work.

hornett

Sometimes the gallery/artist/whatever will have you send pics of it cut up and destroyed then will just number a blank one 203 and send it back. They usually keep a few back for that purpose, so wouldn't reprint but have a finite number of extras. Cyclops has also sold previously sold out prints as "archive editions" so maybe next real D23 expo they will bring those out.

wonkabars7

With screen prints there are always APs (artists proofs) or PPs (printers proofs), if not a small percent extra for replacements, and what usually happens is the damaged print is sent back so they can number the new print and the edition is not altered.

(Side note: its ridiculous that Tan and Aoyuma do not get the usual APs artists get, for their own inventory to sell, keep, give to family ,etc...just moar Disney nonsense...)

trainplane3

I always wondered about that. Would they reprint a poster if it was damaged? Like if 203 was just minced, would they reprint 203? Guessing you'd have to ship the pieces back? Just always curious how that would work.
No reprints. Whatever they have left is all there is.

Personally, I wouldn't contact them for something that minor. I'd replace nearly all of mine since they all some kind imperfect edge. But art is art so it's as valuable to whoever owns it!

Last edited:

wonkabars7

Anything less than mint on a new print is not ok. I wouldn't settle. You should receive it in the same shape they sent it. At this point in the print game, they should have figure out how to securely package and ship a print. I'm shocked more aren't damaged with their packaging tactics.

thunderclap8

sort of off topic - does anybody know where to get the new/revised Epcot font? The ones I'm finding aren't quite right, the official font got some revisions before the last D23. Trying to match what's on the tube stickers.

Davesney

No reprints. Whatever they have left is all there is.

Personally, I wouldn't contact them for something that minor. I'd replace nearly all of mine since they all some kind imperfect edge. But art is art so it's as valuable to whoever owns it!
I was wondering about that. I had to send back a Norway that was basically folded in the middle where the tube got smashed in. So there you go you now have 1 of 299. This was one of many spots where it was creased.
Image from iOS (3).jpg

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
Welp, looks like poppins is canceled.

So this month is

• UK
  • Mexico
  • Grand FIesta Tour (Mexico Pavilion)
Leaving next month with
  • World of Motion
  • Test Track
  • Wonders of Life
  • Play Pavilion

Mariachi Cobre is one of the best known mariachi bands in the United States and has been performing at the Mexico Pavilion since 1982. To me, their images or silhouettes should have appeared at the entrance of the pavilion, rather than Miguel. The Jeweled Dragon Acrobats are featured on the China Pavilion poster and Sergio is featured on the Italy Pavilion poster. One would think that a nearly 40-year entertainment offering would have been featured proudly on a poster that is part of a series showcasing the past and future of Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom