D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

trainplane3

Each time a new batch arrives, they blow away how they look in JPGs on phone/computer screens. Super rad in person, colors just pop off the paper stock. People going big mad on twitter etc over "90 bucks for a poster" have no idea how amazing these fresh inks are in person.

View attachment 505160
Because they think this is being printed off a plain printer that you'd find in a FedEx store when it's a very specialized process that involves every poster being handled by a human at each step for multiple days.

DreamfinderGuy

Each time a new batch arrives, they blow away how they look in JPGs on phone/computer screens. Super rad in person, colors just pop off the paper stock. People going big mad on twitter etc over "90 bucks for a poster" have no idea how amazing these fresh inks are in person.

View attachment 505160
I don’t go on about “$90 a poster”. I go on about “$399+ a poster”.

wonkabars7

Because they think this is being printed off a plain printer that you'd find in a FedEx store when it's a very specialized process that involves every poster being handled by a human at each step for multiple days.
Of course...they think 'art' is some crap they see mass produced at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Its just not something they want to pay that much for, if anything, beyond their arbitrary made up appropriate price point.

wonkabars7

I don’t go on about “$90 a poster”. I go on about “$399+ a poster”.
That's you though...even with the random edition increase from 100 to 300, there are more than 300 folks who want an Epcot serigraph poster...Disney fans/collectors/nerds might even outnumber the Star Wars, Marvel, Funko, etc crazies, so the demand is appropriate. Being able to scoop one of these up for even around your number of $399 is nothing compared to most Mondo stuff back in the day, or the scarce vintage film poster that pops up once every several years if not longer.

trainplane3

Mine just appeared in UPS a few hours ago. Now the question, is it going to be a single tube or will two more packages appear in UPS? (because of how my orders were placed).

Edit: Turns out it's the Land poster now that SD updated. So, cool, three tubes it is then!

Last edited:

thunderclap8

The Land shipped overnight for me too! Phew. No movement on the others yet and I officially give up trying to assign a pattern to the way these ship.

I still have KK open from 3am, and another KK and Soarin that I ordered after The Land.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Question, so my Land poster just shipped via UPS Ground, but in the tracking it says that it requires adult signature. However I know at work UPS wont allow anyone to sign for anything because of COVID. So do I need to be home to accept delivery? Honestly going to be a little upset if I do, wife has been home since March when the schools shut down, which turned in to Maternity leave and is finally going back to work on Monday and of course UPS has it scheduled to be delivered Monday! If they ring the Ring and I answer will they leave it if I tell them its ok?

ImperfectPixie

Question, so my Land poster just shipped via UPS Ground, but in the tracking it says that it requires adult signature. However I know at work UPS wont allow anyone to sign for anything because of COVID. So do I need to be home to accept delivery? Honestly going to be a little upset if I do, wife has been home since March when the schools shut down, which turned in to Maternity leave and is finally going back to work on Monday and of course UPS has it scheduled to be delivered Monday! If they ring the Ring and I answer will they leave it if I tell them its ok?
Call UPS. I set it up a long time ago that I don't have to sign for anything.

trainplane3

Call UPS. I set it up a long time ago that I don't have to sign for anything.
You just have to be there to accept it. No signature needed.

If no one is there, they won't leave it. I think telling them through your Ring when they arrive would be good enough. Sign up for a UPS account too, always handy to have one since you can change the delivery date or have them hold it

ImperfectPixie

If no one is there, they won't leave it. I think telling them through your Ring when they arrive would be good enough. Sign up for a UPS account too, always handy to have one since you can change the delivery date or have them hold it
I haven't even gone to the door for deliveries in years. I signed a thing that said it was okay for them to leave things in a specific location.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No

Yea I just signed up for one for this reason. Figured that if I have any issues I can have the delivered to work.

trainplane3

I haven't even gone to the door for deliveries in years. I signed a thing that said it was okay for them to leave things in a specific location.
I used to have most deliveries setup like that but it depends on what's arriving and if I know I'll be home. Since it's 2020, I'm home literally 99% if the time so I haven't done it for a while.
All my Epcot posters have said signature required, but they've never actually asked for it - left at the door every time.
Also depends on the driver. My guy is super cool so I'm sure he'd leave it anyways.

ImperfectPixie

I used to have most deliveries setup like that but it depends on what's arriving and if I know I'll be home. Since it's 2020, I'm home literally 99% if the time so I haven't done it for a while.

Also depends on the driver. My guy is super cool so I'm sure he'd leave it anyways.
UPS rang the bell the other day and threw me off...but it was a new guy (not driving a UPS van, but wearing a uniform). He just wanted to verify our house number and left an expected package. (I would have totally freaked out otherwise, lol.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom