D23 Disneyland/DCA Predictions!

NateD1226

Original Poster
This is the thread of what might be announced for Disneyland/DCA at D23! Leave your predictions or what you might want to be announced at D23!

My predictions:
  • TomorrowLand Overhaul
  • Marvel Land rides/update
  • Mr. Toad replacement (I doubt this will happen but it needs to go)
  • M&MRR annoucment
  • Pixar Pier additions??(hopefully not)
  • Fantasyland expansion
  • Maybe something with Matterhorn (not sure what though haha)

Sharon&Susan

Mr. Toad replacement (I doubt this will happen but it needs to go)
AA76C485-C449-44ED-9B6A-C15962D413AC.jpeg

Sharon&Susan

Replacing Toad would be a terrible idea. If they wanted it to do a retheme, it couldn’t be closed for more than 5 months without being reinspected and would most likely not pass inspection due to the insufficient room on both sides of the track at certain points. If you wanted to start over with those new guidelines, the new ride would be shorter than Toad (and Toad is already the shortest runtime of the FL darkrides, I believe) with almost no queue space, even if they took out the Mad Hatter. Unless if you took out Peter Pan’s Flight too, the new ride wouldn’t be worth it.
Pooh’s a much better target it already has plenty of queue space, there’s room for expansion (CM Parking lot), and was built during the current safety guidelines if they wanted to do a retheme.

NateD1226

Original Poster
Replacing Toad would be a terrible idea. If they wanted it to do a retheme, it couldn’t be closed for more than 5 months without being reinspected and would most likely not pass inspection due to the insufficient room on both sides of the track at certain points. If you wanted to start over with those new guidelines, the new ride would be shorter than Toad (and Toad is already the shortest runtime of the FL darkrides, I believe) with almost no queue space, even if they took out the Mad Hatter. Unless if you took out Peter Pan’s Flight too, the new ride wouldn’t be worth it.
Pooh’s a much better target it already has plenty of queue space, there’s room for expansion (CM Parking lot), and was built during the current safety guidelines if they wanted to do a retheme.
Yeah I see what you mean. I could see Pooh leaving Disneyland, but the question is what would replace it? ;)

Californian Elitist

No, not really. It just gave me bad vibes. (if that make sense)

Toad’s Hell segment is what makes the attraction stand out not only amongst the other Fantasyland attractions, but the attractions within the entire resort. It is quite a unique segment, and if Toad were built today, I can strongly bet that scene would cease to exist.

It should be kept. Don’t ride the attraction if you don’t like it. Problem solved.😉

NateD1226

Original Poster
Toad’s Hell segment is what makes the attraction stand out not only amongst the other Fantasyland attractions, but the attractions within the entire resort. It is quite a unique segment, and if Toad were built today, I can strongly bet that scene would cease to exist.

It should be kept. Don’t ride the attraction if you don’t like it. Problem solved.😉
I dont haha. But I do see yours and @Mr. Johnson point on why to keep it!

Californian Elitist

POTC ends with a group of pirates being stupidly drunk by shooting at dynamite which will kill them. The Haunted Mansion starts out with a ghost encouraging you to hang yourself just like he did. Disneyland isn’t sunshine and rainbows.

Right. As a child, I was much more disturbed by the suicide in Mansion than the devil in Toad. I would be scared to look up because I despised (as still despise) hanging/lynching imagery. Toad’s Hell scene was different. I looked forward to that scene because of the heat and I thought the bouncing devils/demons were funny (and still do).

If Disney were to replace Toad, they’d have to temporarily shut down Alice, too. Alice sits right on top of Toad. I doubt Disney is interested in dealing with that.

Sharon&Susan

A part of the show that tries to be nostalgia inducing, but all they knew about Disneyland before 2006 came from the second DVD of Walt Disney Treasures: Secret Stories and Magic.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

What CM lot and expansion area is there next to Pooh in DL? Most if not all of that got taken out and used for SW:GE. So I'm not sure what you're talking about.... Can you please provide more insight into where this area is?

mickEblu

It’s amazing what they were able to do in Toad with such a small footprint, a bunch of plywood cutouts and simple effects. Having recently ridden all of the FL style dark rides at DL back to back I can confirm that Toad is in the top 3 along with Alice and Roger Rabbit... in no particular order and to nowhere in particular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom