Custom Videos for a surprise?

Mainahman

Is there anywhere you can create a custom video, or something about the parks, or a character to basically tell someone they are going to disney?

We booked our next trip, and this time were taking my Oldest Niece, and Oldest Nephew with us.

This is their very first trip to Disney. and its part of a 2 or 3 year plan to get them all there for the first visit ever. I would love to randomly send them a video, or something to surprise them to say your going to DISNEY!!!

I did some searching, and i couldn't find anything.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Interesting idea! I hope someone pops up with something. I got a use for that. Gonna have to watch this thread.
Thanks! They are back Home in maine, so we dont live right next to them anymore, and could just have them over for the weekend and tell them then, i thought the idea of a custom video would be cool. So far my sister inlaw has kept her mouth shut about it, and has not told them at all so thats good, and kind of how this all came to mind.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Why not use a camera to make a video!? If you don't have a camera, since they live a few miles away...why not make 2 boxes...and blue and pink(boy & girl), fill with balloons(black, red and yellow) an Official invitation from Mickey Mouse and the Gang(make this on your computer), make some kind of paper Magic Your Way Ticket that is oversized and printed with everything they will be doing, include a Favorite character, stuffed of course! Each box will have things from their favorite character....Invitation, Stuffed Animal, Stickers, other character themed items, etc! Make it practical and include those gifts that they will use! You could send them to them in Maine...I would include a "RESERVATION" that requires them to call and confirm...you can really play this up!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
Why not use a camera to make a video!? If you don't have a camera, since they live a few miles away...why not make 2 boxes...and blue and pink(boy & girl), fill with balloons(black, red and yellow) an Official invitation from Mickey Mouse and the Gang(make this on your computer), make some kind of paper Magic Your Way Ticket that is oversized and printed with everything they will be doing, include a Favorite character, stuffed of course! Each box will have things from their favorite character....Invitation, Stuffed Animal, Stickers, other character themed items, etc! Make it practical and include those gifts that they will use! You could send them to them in Maine...I would include a "RESERVATION" that requires them to call and confirm...you can really play this up!
Its like you read my mind! Were going to make up 4 boxes. 2 for SUPRISE your going to disney, and 2 for the other 2 that get to go the year after ( the lucky 2 that get to go for the 50th ha! ) that say dont think weve forgotten about you!! Your next!

We just couldnt swing doing all 4 of them at once, and 4 children ages from 10 to 17 for 2 adults is a bit much in the middle of summer crowds.

Were going to get some custom maps if you still can do that, Any idea if you can still get a physical DVD mailed to you for planning anymore? They have no idea what WDW has, just that auntie and Uncle go all the time, and ship them stuff. Were going to include things like stuffed animals, and maps, and stuff like that and then address it to them. i like the reservation idea! I wish there was a way we could get " mickey to call them" or a number they could call, that would be mickey saying we cant wait to see you real soon etc...

Upvote 0

yensid67

Sounds like a plan Man! No to the custom maps...MAYBE to the phone call from Mickey(from WDW) If not a phone call from Mickey maybe a letter from Mickey? I thought I read where Disney sent letters from your favorite character!? I dunno if they still do it-something that would be magical to kids it seems they cut...some magic!
I would call Disney and see if they can give advice on what to do and what they are capable of doing...at a price of course! Remember this is Disney:)! Keep us informed, take pics !

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
Sounds like a plan Man! No to the custom maps...MAYBE to the phone call from Mickey(from WDW) If not a phone call from Mickey maybe a letter from Mickey? I thought I read where Disney sent letters from your favorite character!? I dunno if they still do it-something that would be magical to kids it seems they cut...some magic!
I would call Disney and see if they can give advice on what to do and what they are capable of doing...at a price of course! Remember this is Disney:)! Keep us informed, take pics !
Thank you!!
I found somewhere to grab the latest maps in PDF, so i can print, and then laminate for them. Still working on videos on each park, ill have to figure that part out, but ill research the letter, as that would be really really cool!

Upvote 0

yensid67

Thank you!!
I found somewhere to grab the latest maps in PDF, so i can print, and then laminate for them. Still working on videos on each park, ill have to figure that part out, but ill research the letter, as that would be really really cool!
Sounds like a good plan...some advice...for the videos-can you use a sim card and record with a camera or phone on Youtube? MOST teenagers know what to do with a SIM card! Try taking stills and videos and using the Movie Maker on your computer! You can do some cool things, add music, etc...make sure you add LOOPS for each park! If you're not sure if you have Movioe Maker on your computer do a search in start menu! Letter- Do you know anyone from Florida that goes to WDW? Write the letter yourself from the characters and paste in their signature, send it to WDW and ask them to send it back with Magic Kingdom address and postmark on it! Don't forget to call 407-939-5277...Non Reservation call 407-939-2273 for their advice and ideas! Just little help! :cool:

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
Sounds like a good plan...some advice...for the videos-can you use a sim card and record with a camera or phone on Youtube? MOST teenagers know what to do with a SIM card! Try taking stills and videos and using the Movie Maker on your computer! You can do some cool things, add music, etc...make sure you add LOOPS for each park! If you're not sure if you have Movioe Maker on your computer do a search in start menu! Letter- Do you know anyone from Florida that goes to WDW? Write the letter yourself from the characters and paste in their signature, send it to WDW and ask them to send it back with Magic Kingdom address and postmark on it! Don't forget to call 407-939-5277...Non Reservation call 407-939-2273 for their advice and ideas! Just little help! :cool:
Im a tech guy by day, so i can totally do it all myself, i was more curious if they did it, so i could save some time haha! ive taken so many photos the last couple of years, so i really like that slideshow video idea for each park.

I have family that lives down there, but never go really, OHHHHHH i really like that signature idea! im sure i could even find a template for Character stationary!! Hmmmm... So many ideas!

Upvote 0

WEDYENSID

After you tell them, send a link for planning "Their" vacation?
Also, "Mom's Panel" to answer all of their questions.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
After you tell them, send a link for planning "Their" vacation?
Also, "Mom's Panel" to answer all of their questions.

Love it! might have to find a way to tie that in for sure!!

Upvote 0

yensid67

I am excited now! Can I go too!? LOL I HOPE you share the Making of a Disney Vacation Gift with us as it happens...step by step and post how to do it on here in Trip Planning...it may help someone someday with their trip! Also have your brother/sister take a pic of them when they open the boxes!( you might have to make the video for them then add their reaction to it and then post it on here!?)

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
I am excited now! Can I go too!? LOL I HOPE you share the Making of a Disney Vacation Gift with us as it happens...step by step and post how to do it on here in Trip Planning...it may help someone someday with their trip! Also have your brother/sister take a pic of them when they open the boxes!( you might have to make the video for them then add their reaction to it and then post it on here!?)
I'll see what I can do! That's a good idea! Kind of like a trip report in a way, Lord knows I need something to keep me entertained as we're 287 days out!

Wife's been on shop Disney all morning looking can at items we can oder to include in their boxes.

Upvote 0

yensid67

For the Character Signatures...do a search for that characters signature you should be able to find 'something!' or if you feel creative do the character signature yourself!!! Some signatures are easy to duplicate and some aren't!...Can't wait to see how this all plays out!

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
For the Character Signatures...do a search for that characters signature you should be able to find 'something!' or if you feel creative do the character signature yourself!!! Some signatures are easy to duplicate and some aren't!...Can't wait to see how this all plays out!
Im going to be starting the general idea and build out shortly. Were trying to hold off as long as we can on telling any of them. so i have time, but i like a project to keep myself busy.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Idle hands are the work of the devil! LOL!!!! Planning is the best part of a Disney trip!!!!

Hope you HAD a Magical time during your September trip...Happy Anniversary, btw!!

Upvote 0

WEDYENSID

Im going to be starting the general idea and build out shortly. Were trying to hold off as long as we can on telling any of them. so i have time, but i like a project to keep myself busy.
The best part of our trip (kids were 8 & 10 when we started going), was the 8 months of planning and talking about the vacation before we ever got there. My daughters are now in their 20's, but they still say that planning and anticipating the trip - was almost as good as the trip itself. The sooner you tell them, the more time they'll have to look forward to it?

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
The best part of our trip (kids were 8 & 10 when we started going), was the 8 months of planning and talking about the vacation before we ever got there. My daughters are now in their 20's, but they still say that planning and anticipating the trip - was almost as good as the trip itself. The sooner you tell them, the more time they'll have to look forward to it?
The hardest part, is explaining to the other 2, why they have to wait another year to go. So thats what were trying to wrap our heads around now. creating a box of " dont think we forgot you" either

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom