Curtailing Third Party Resale

PrincessNelly_NJ

He could be a disney park shopper. When limit time items are released, you can buy them through disney park shoppers. They go in the park and buy what you want for an upcharge of course.

DManRightHere

People are not buying Disney's entire stock of merchandise...I don't know why some people get so angry when they learn individuals can buy certain items and resell for a profit. Do they really think all businesses do not sell for a profit?

Remember Disney does limit quantities when it becomes a problem (Frozen).

I won't be going to Disney World this year and hopefully someone will be selling the collectible Star Wars cup, keep me in mind people :).

DManRightHere

Raise prices. If dummies are willing to pay $35 for them from a reseller, charge $35 for them up front. The resellers lose their incentive because their margin has been absorbed by disney.

I think there is a difference between what a park guest will pay and what a person that lives no where near Disney World, but still wants this collectible item will pay.

copcarguyp71

Sorry man but you're just dead wrong. See: limits on Frozen merchandise, limits on limited edition pins, limits on SotMK booster packs (when they were selling like hotcakes), etc. This particular example is probably flying under the radar because they're freaking popcorn buckets, but Disney absolutely cares about this kind of thing in principle.

haha...ok "man"...think what you want but they care quite a bit more about bottom line than most anything else. Empty unused entire buildings (and parts of others), turned off water features, homogenized dining choices, cheaply done overlays and any myriad of other easily perceptible issues speaks to the fact that as long as the parks are filled then they have very little urgency to fix these and you can argue all you want about principles.

There is this funny thing called an "opinion" and I am allowed to have one and you are allowed to disagree but calling someone out as dead wrong requires far more empirical evidence than your supposition that "Disney absolutely cares" I will continue to agree to disagree however calling somebody dead wrong based on their (or your) opinion is just plain sophomoric. Good luck on the forums;)

copcarguyp71

Except recent events contradict your theory. I know it's fun to bash TDO. But, bottom lines are effected by guest satisfaction. Look no further then the recent limits on Frozen Merch. Disney does not want these guys doing this. Wether they can find an effective way of stopping it, I don't know.

False...it is not fun to bash Disney and I do not think I set that tone at all...

You have seen my posts in the past and know that I do not bash for the sake of bashing but I guess I do tend to get a little Eeyoreish at times when there is so many diminished experiences that seem to go un noticed but I have to say I think it is unfair for you to throw that dispersion in my direction...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
False...it is not fun to bash Disney and I do not think I set that tone at all...

You have seen my posts in the past and know that I do not bash for the sake of bashing but I guess I do tend to get a little Eeyoreish at times when there is so many diminished experiences that seem to go un noticed but I have to say I think it is unfair for you to throw that dispersion in my direction...

You're right. That was unfair. Sorry for that. I guess chalk it up to my aggravation level with a lot of what's being posted in News and Rumors. Lots of negative posts about things that aren't deserving of such negativity. A lot of those folks that get called Doom and Gloomers are seriously over reaching to critique WDW lately. Anyways, that's not the subject here.

I think if Management gets wind that some maniacs are buying all the days stock of popcorn buckets, they will place limits. maybe I'm wrong, just my opinion.

copcarguyp71

You're right. That was unfair. Sorry for that. I guess chalk it up to my aggravation level with a lot of what's being posted in News and Rumors. Lots of negative posts about things that aren't deserving of such negativity. A lot of those folks that get called Doom and Gloomers are seriously over reaching to critique WDW lately. Anyways, that's not the subject here.

I think if Management gets wind that some maniacs are buying all the days stock of popcorn buckets, they will place limits. maybe I'm wrong, just my opinion.

It's all good. I do not frequent that discussion area of the forum so maybe I had a little trouble seeing where you were coming from as well...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom