Current Downtown Disney parking

CDavid

Original Poster
Does anyone have a map or diagram of what portions of the Downtown Disney parking lots (and facilities) are closed off right now? With the announcement that the Pleasure Island bus stop is also to be closed, I am wondering just what sections will remain?

Seems to be construction all over the place, and I am having trouble picturing it.

Mike730

Try this.

There may be more. Hopefully others will chime in.
DTD.jpg

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=28.370936&lon=-81.519134&z=16&m=b'

Pleasure Island is mostly closed.
This also may not be entirely accurate but you can see where they're headed.

DisneySprings.jpg

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/disneysprings/DisneySprings.jpg

Last edited:

roj2323

Try this.

There may be more. Hopefully others will chime in.
DTD.jpg

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=28.370936&lon=-81.519134&z=16&m=b'

Pleasure Island is mostly closed.
This also may not be entirely accurate but you can see where they're headed.

DisneySprings.jpg

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/disneysprings/DisneySprings.jpg

Don't forget that the area over by T-Rex is closed down and the area over on the far east side parking lot by the Co-Op is also partially closed down as well. This is in addition the the spaces that were removed in the west parking lot for the new cast facilities building.

PhotoDave219

Yes, you can see the Westside Cast Services Bldg under construction in that photo as well as the wall that takes out about 1/3rd of the spots in Lot Q.

Gonna be a while before things get better.

Mike730

So more like this...

DTD.png

With parts of A,B and E,F,G closed as well.

Can you describe the closed parts so they can be added or is it more random? @roj2323
Also does anyone know where cast parking is now? Think they'll move cast parking from the lot at the very bottom of this picture to Lot O,P,Q when the new Cast Services building is done?

roj2323

So more like this...

DTD.png

With parts of A,B and E,F,G closed as well.

Can you describe the closed parts so they can be added or is it more random? @roj2323
Also does anyone know where cast parking is now? Think they'll move cast parking from the lot at the very bottom of this picture to Lot O,P,Q when the new Cast Services building is done?

14123926997_7f6d436529_b.jpg

The area in E,F,G might be larger but I don't usually park over there so I'm not terribly familiar with the closure.

maxairmike

I think it has, although it may have just been the perception of having yet more parking walled off and unavailable. It would require another trip to DTD to double check, and that's something I'm not willing to do (unless I'm going to Riverside for something, then I may take the boat). I want to say they did push the walls out as they put more equipment in that area, though. They may have also bumped out the walls on the other side of that lot as well, though I'm not nearly as certain on that, but the image of those trailer areas being bigger is sticking in my mind. Hopefully those move across the road at some point.

CDavid

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, that's what I was looking for (though I think we would all still welcome more input, for anyone who wants to share).

I wonder how the construction getting underway at the Pleasure Island bus stops will affect lots E,F, and G? That's where the Town Center is going, but I can't see them closing more parking until that first garage opens late this year. On the other hand, how much work can they really do on Town Center without closing more parking?

roj2323

I think it has, although it may have just been the perception of having yet more parking walled off and unavailable. It would require another trip to DTD to double check, and that's something I'm not willing to do (unless I'm going to Riverside for something, then I may take the boat). I want to say they did push the walls out as they put more equipment in that area, though. They may have also bumped out the walls on the other side of that lot as well, though I'm not nearly as certain on that, but the image of those trailer areas being bigger is sticking in my mind. Hopefully those move across the road at some point.

I'll be in the area tomorrow. I'll go take a look and report back. I just hope they can get some additional parking open by the 4th of july weekend.

71jason

Easiest way is to take entrance 5, park behind Cirque, and keep driving until you have to tun right. Even with all the construction, Wednesday evening there were easily a couple hundred open spaces.

roj2323

Easiest way is to take entrance 5, park behind Cirque, and keep driving until you have to tun right. Even with all the construction, Wednesday evening there were easily a couple hundred open spaces.

This is really some sound advice. Unless it's crazy busy most people don't park over there and it's conveniently located. Once the boat starts going to Marketplace again, which will hopefully be soon, there will be no reason not to park over there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom