Current DLR Rides and Attractions You Haven't Experienced

CaptinEO

I never got to aboard on the Columbia or Mark Twain. I would love to try someday.

But I have NO desires to do the canoes. I found myself extremely tired to paddle the river! I can't do Autopia or the submarine either. Autopia is insanely slow and gotten me lower back pain. I had countless of terrible experience of smelling people bad body odor in the submarine. Never again!
For some reason I've also never been on the Columbia, just the Mark Twain.

mickEblu

For some reason I've also never been on the Columbia, just the Mark Twain.

The Twain is classic but I think I enjoy the views and experience on the Columbia more. From the shore though nothing beats seeing the Twain going around the river. At some point in the last couple years they were docking the Twain at Fowlers and Columbia in Frontierland and it just felt right.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
The only things I've never done at Disneyland:
  • Rise of the Resistance (Hoping to remedy that in June)
  • Savi's Workshop (Would love to, but too expensive, then again, I have a good job now...)
  • Mickey and the Magical Map (Though I've seen snippets while waiting for family to use the bathroom or going to or from the train)
I did see the BatB Storytelling at Royal Theatre (it was enjoyable) and most meet and greets except the princess one or pixie hollow.

DCA:
  • Golden Zephyr
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
  • Jessie's Critter Carousel (Triton)
  • Mickey's Philharmagic (nor Muppets)
  • Pixar Pal-Around (Mickey's Funwheel)
  • Red Car Trolly
  • Turtle Talk with Crush
  • The only ride I did in Bugs Land was Heimlich
Look y'all, I just made a bucket list (except for Zephyr, I hate spinning).

MarvelCharacterNerd

My time at the parks is spent far more with shows, characters, pin trading, eating, walking and shopping. Anything that's been there that I haven't done by now is not likely to change.

DL:

Chip 'n Dale Treehouse
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes -- kind of regret not having done this ever that I can recall, but doubt I'm up for it these days
Donald's Boat
Frontierland Shootin' Exposition
Gadget's Go Coaster
Goofy's Playhouse
Indiana Jones Adventure
Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run
Splash Mountain
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

DCA:

Games of Pixar Pier
Golden Zephyr
Goofy's Sky School
Grizzly River Run
Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT!
Incredicoaster
Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
Jessie's Critter Carousel
Jumpin' Jellyfish
Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
Pixar Pal-A-Round
Silly Symphony Swings
Sorcerer's Workshop -- not really sure why I've never wandered in here - I probably should
Toy Story Midway Mania

kamluvsdisneyland

Miru, what is "Chase the Baby"?

I am surprised by the number of people who haven't experienced Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Admittedly, it is not an exciting attraction, and it may feel like you are in class at school, but the significance in Disney history alone makes it something to see. Its connection to the 1964 World's Fair and the original audio-animatronic figure make it special to me. I assume that even if you haven't seen the Mr. Lincoln show, you've seen the great Disneyland exhibits in the lobby.

Also, for those who haven't been on the Columbia Sailing Ship, it is unique in that you can go below deck and see some (fake) boating items. As a child I was intrigued by the worker's living quarters below deck, and wanted to try to lay in one of the canvas hammock-style beds! Now I can barely fit down the small staircase!;)

Sailor310

For the anti-Columbia folks,

Hail, Columbia: Robert Gray, John Kendrick and the Pacific Fur Trade​

is a good book about Columbia working the fur trade in the Pacific Northwest, then west to be the first US-flagged vessel to sail around the world.
Disneyland tried to make their Columbia a best-guess reproduction. I believe the below-decks museum used to be an e-ticket.

EPCOTCenterLover

I’ve ridden everything in DL with the exception of what passes for little kids attractions in Toontown.

In DCA, I have not ridden the carousel. But I rode everything else when my son was little (all the rides in bugsland).

SuddenStorm

I’ve ridden everything in DL with the exception of what passes for little kids attractions in Toontown.

One doesn't ride little kid attractions in Toontown. You walk up them, realize they're possibly the biggest waste of space in a theme park ever, and walk back down them.

1619080434451.png

George Lucas on a Bench

One of my dumbest mistakes was going to Universal Orlando a few years ago and forgetting they had opened the Skull Island ride. I forgot it was even there and never went on it. On my next trip I made it a priority and was pleasantly surprised by it.

I find this is a rare occurrence with things I've never done at Disney parks. If I eventually go on it, it's usually pretty lame and it's obvious why I had avoided it until that point.

mickEblu

One of my dumbest mistakes was going to Universal Orlando a few years ago and forgetting they had opened the Skull Island ride. I forgot it was even there and never went on it. On my next trip I made it a priority and was pleasantly surprised by it.

I find this is a rare occurrence with things I've never done at Disney parks. If I eventually go on it, it's usually pretty lame and it's obvious why I had avoided it until that point.

So the question is are you going to forget to ride Spider-Man?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom