Crystal Palace, Woody’s Lunch Box and Tomorrowland Terrace reopening dates

hyperflame

I felt the tables at Crystal Palace were a little tight even before the pandemic, looking forward to seeing the new layout.

To me, closing down Woody's was a strange decision from the beginning since there's plenty of space there to socially distance.

jaklgreen

Did anybody see that in their announcement they said crispy fried chicken, but the menu online says baked chicken leg? I hope the baked chicken leg is a mistake.

mgf

Puzzling they kept one of their true outdoor dining locations closed during a pandemic. I know it is on the smaller side when you account for increased distancing but it has good airflow, etc.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Happy to see Tomorrowland Terrace taking on Columbia Harbor House menu items. MK food is trash currently as far as QS goes. Crystal Palace reopening will be nice but a set menu (like BoG & Cindy's) is too much food

Gran Fiesta

Sorry for bringing back up this old thread, but I couldn't find another thread talking about it and if I missed it, then please merge my post with another thread.

Are they still working on the construction behind Woody's Lunch Box? I think it's supposed to be an expanded seating area with maybe some more shade if I remember correctly. I just know they started that over a year ago and I'm assuming it is still going on. I haven't seen any pictures or news of it, but I definitely could have missed it. Thanks to anyone who might have any information on this.

Bocabear

Sorry for bringing back up this old thread, but I couldn't find another thread talking about it and if I missed it, then please merge my post with another thread.

Are they still working on the construction behind Woody's Lunch Box? I think it's supposed to be an expanded seating area with maybe some more shade if I remember correctly. I just know they started that over a year ago and I'm assuming it is still going on. I haven't seen any pictures or news of it, but I definitely could have missed it. Thanks to anyone who might have any information on this.
This is TDO 2023...the outdoor seating should be ready by 2025...lol

Gran Fiesta

This is TDO 2023...the outdoor seating should be ready by 2025...lol
Its wild how long it takes current Disney World to build anything. I mean I thought this was just supposed to be a seating area and I think it started in January of 2022? At least thats when we were there and saw the walls start to go up behind Woody's Lunch Box

Bocabear

so...January 2022 project to add outdoor seating area with 10 tables and chairs begins, June 2025 press release for expanded seating coming for fall of 2025 drops... Seating area opens January of 2026...lol

gerarar

Premium Member

The construction was for an expanded kitchen and like you said, some covered seating.
Scaffolding was recently put up indicating that the kitchen part is done and work on theming is starting. The covered seating is only partially done with supports in place, but likely won't finish until everything else is done.

From a couple weeks ago:

Ayla

The construction was for an expanded kitchen and like you said, some covered seating.
Scaffolding was recently put up indicating that the kitchen part is done and work on theming is starting. The covered seating is only partially done with supports in place, but likely won't finish until everything else is done.

From a couple weeks ago:

Has this really been going on for over a year?!

Gran Fiesta

Has this really been going on for over a year?!
If so, that's so sad. Like super sad. Go look at that Epic Universe vid to see what they have already accomplished in two years. You're pathetic Disney
Just to confirm, I went way back on Blog Mickey and found when they first started construction and the article is January 12th, 2022. So it has actually been a year and a half and they still are not done.
1688744029087.png

Bocabear

Just to confirm, I went way back on Blog Mickey and found when they first started construction and the article is January 12th, 2022. So it has actually been a year and a half and they still are not done.
View attachment 728759
but....but....Covid...... lol
TDO completing projects in a timely manner has become a worldwide joke at this point. I wonder if they will get it done before Epic Universe opens in 2025... So they will have something to promote to drive attendance away from the new park.....lol
"but we have new outdoor seating at Woody's Lunchbox...and the umbrellas for the tables should be here by early 2026"...lol

Gran Fiesta

but....but....Covid...... lol
TDO completing projects in a timely manner has become a worldwide joke at this point. I wonder if they will get it done before Epic Universe opens in 2025... So they will have something to promote to drive attendance away from the new park.....lol
"but we have new outdoor seating at Woody's Lunchbox...and the umbrellas for the tables should be here by early 2026"...lol
This doesn't offend me nearly as much as the mess of walls and construction zone that Epcot has been in, for well, how many years are we up to now? 4? 5? I just want to walk through the central core of Epcot. Is that too much to ask?

But to get back on topic, it's absolutely ridiculous that this has taken a year and a half. Maybe all of their focus was on getting Roundup BBQ open?

Gran Fiesta

From a couple weeks ago:

Looks like the theming is starting to be put up, saw someone tweet out some pictures of it and it looks like another cardboard box with some drawings on it from looking behind the scrim and scaffolding. I seem to can't find the tweet, so if anyone has pictures of the new cardboard box behind Woody's lunchbox please post them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom